Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Well it would have led to a severe editing considering Lien-da's fate.

Oooooh yeah, she just kind of was phased out wasn't she? I mean they didn't even properly explain where she went just *poof* gone. 

Is Shadow playing like a Gameboy there?

Awwwwww! Just too cute!

Well. Whole page is cute really but it's always 10x better when Shadow, the dark, angsty hardass of the bunch, is doing something adorable.

I'm sorry. I gotta say it. DDAAAWWWW. wub.png

After showcasing some badass covers for WC, we've actually got a cutesy one. I'm half- not suprised they went with the Powered Up style since we've already seen:

-The select screen from Marvel VS Capcom: CoSH.

-SA2' style in font and art (since Spaz is good at mimicking Ukewa's style).

-Parody of Mega Man 10's promotional art.

Makes me excited what Spaz will do for any upcoming main/variant covers.

Edited by DarkLight

I'd laugh for weeks if they did a "Bad American Boxart" edition. And not like the MM10 one, I mean really going for the deformed airbrushed look.

Is Shadow playing like a Gameboy there?

Awwwwww! Just too cute!

Well. Whole page is cute really but it's always 10x better when Shadow, the dark, angsty hardass of the bunch, is doing something adorable.

Actually thats a Game Gear, look at the blocky design. 

I'd laugh for weeks if they did a "Bad American Boxart" edition. And not like the MM10 one, I mean really going for the deformed airbrushed look.

Eugh, and introduce a new generation to American the Assface and Old Man Mega/Wizened Old Asian Man?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Wouldn't you know? Part 10 is up.

Mega-Man-27.jpg

MEGA MAN #27
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Ben Bates, Gary Martin, John Workman, and Matt Herms
Cover by Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and Matt Herms
P.I.C. Sketch Variant Cover by Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante

The most anticipated crossover event of 2013 rolls on with "When Worlds Collide" Part Ten of Twelve! We enter the final assault as Sonic, Tails, Mega Man and Rush storm the Wily Egg to end the dastardly duo of doctors' plans! Speaking of "duos," what's that entering Earth's atmosphere? Can it help Sonic and Mega Man fend off the Mega Man Killers? How about a Chaos Devil? Featuring more new cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and a special look at the cover process with a super special “pencil, ink, color” sketch variant!

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 7/10
32-page, full color comic
$2.99 US.

A "Chaos Devil?" Sounds intriguing.

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm starting to get the feeling the only characters involved in this crossover are the Heroes, Sidekicks, and Villains. We haven't really heard anything about the rest of the cast and what they're doing.

I'm starting to get the feeling the only characters involved in this crossover are the Heroes, Sidekicks, and Villains. We haven't really heard anything about the rest of the cast and what they're doing.

But isn't that basically the entire cast anyways?

More early cameos? Duo's showing up now? And Enker, Punk and Ballade are all showing up even though the comic hasn't even done a Dr. Wily's Revenge adaption?

Is this meant to be a future Mega Man or the present one again?

Is it? I haven't gotten word on who's appearing and who isn't.

Well, the Roboticized Masters prett much are going to be most of the Sonic characters (Amy, Shadow, Knuckles, etc.) but as for most of the MM cast, well, you got me there. There really hasn't been any mention of what role those characters will have. Most of the action does seem like it's mostly going to focus on Sonic, Tails, Mega Man, Rush, (though Break/Proto Man is absent in this all of a sudden) vs Eggman, Wily and whatever else they have in store.

But then again, solicits probably are meant to vague and not mention every detail on purpose, or something.

EDIT: After having it pointed out to me in another forum, the Chaos Devil is most likely going to be Eggman's equivalent of the Yellow Devil.

That alone sounds cooler than what first came to my mind when I read it.

EDIT 2:Here's the variant which is basically the 'picture, ink, color' version of the same cover.

027-V1.png

Edited by DarkLight

Haha, I love the Powered Up cover! Shadow playing on the SEGA Game Gear's a nice touch!

Part 8 now up.

megasonic02.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #53
"When Worlds Collide": Part Eight of Twelve-The hunt for the Roboticized Masters comes to its explosive end! As the gripping second act of the Sonic/Mega Man crossover event comes to a close, Proto Man and the Chaotix make a crucial discovery in the battle to restore BOTH worlds! The tension is fraying the bromance of Drs. Eggman and Wily! Bass and Metal Sonic prepare to lead an army-but an army of what? Featuring new cover art from Sonic/Mega Man art legend Patrick Spaziante, and a special "E.F.F. (aka Evil Friends Forever) Variant" featuring Dr.'s Eggman and Wily gaming on their EGGSbox!

Art: Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin, Jack Morelli, and Thomas Mason
Cover:
E.F.F.* Variant Cover: Tracy Yardley!, Phyllis Novin, and Thomas Mason
*evil friends forever

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 6/19
$2.99 US

So the other characters will get more of a role, huh? Okay then. Chaos Devil looks pretty awesome.

But another E.F.F variant? Holy shit, do want!

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

I get the joke, but the point is that all these characters have appeared on the cover yet only like three or four of them (Sonic, Eggman, Tails, possibly Metal Sonic) of the Sonic cast have been mentioned in the solicits. 

Part 8 now up.

megasonic02.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #53

"When Worlds Collide": Part Eight of Twelve-The hunt for the Roboticized Masters comes to its explosive end! As the gripping second act of the Sonic/Mega Man crossover event comes to a close, Proto Man and the Chaotix make a crucial discovery in the battle to restore BOTH worlds! The tension is fraying the bromance of Drs. Eggman and Wily! Bass and Metal Sonic prepare to lead an army-but an army of what? Featuring new cover art from Sonic/Mega Man art legend Patrick Spaziante, and a special "E.F.F. (aka Evil Friends Forever) Variant" featuring Dr.'s Eggman and Wily gaming on their EGGSbox!

Art: Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin, Jack Morelli, and Thomas Mason

Cover:

E.F.F.* Variant Cover: Tracy Yardley!, Phyllis Novin, and Thomas Mason

*evil friends forever

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 6/19

$2.99 US

So the other characters will get more of a role, huh? okay then.

But another E.F.F variant? Holy shit, do want!

That looks like Chaos merged with something..... Bizarre

hmmm Chaotix, wonder if that means Mighty and Ray as well....

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Fuck that, I want to see that Eggsbox.

Oh wait, what the heck I just combed through the last three pages and still managed to miss that. 

And no, Chaotix doesn't mean Mighty and Ray. Not going by the covers. 

That looks like Chaos merged with something..... Bizarre

hmmm Chaotix, wonder if that means Mighty and Ray as well....

It's Chaos and the Yellow/Green/About 90 other variants Devil

And to think, two minutes before that solicit got posted I talked about how the only characters mentioned thus far were the Sonic 4 characters, then that had to come along and shout "MAKE WAY FOR THE CHAOTIX BITCH" before shoving straight in.

I think the whiplash broke my nose.