Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So I take it the Roboticized Masters are just Knuckles, Amy and Shadow roboticized, interesting, it looks like Sonic is going to have to fight his friends again. And yes, Proto Man/Chaotix team up, fuck yea.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

So I take it the Roboticized Masters are just Tails, Knuckles, and Amy roboticized, interesting, it looks like Sonic is going to have to fight his friends again. And yes, Proto Man/Chaotix team up, fuck yea.

Shadow. It was Shadow on the cover with Knuckles and Amy, not Tails. 

Oh wait, what the heck I just combed through the last three pages and still managed to miss that. 

And no, Chaotix doesn't mean Mighty and Ray. Not going by the covers. 

But we dont know for sure, you cant tell everything by the cover, there isnt room to squeeze everything on there. So guess we will have to wait and see, I dont count them out just yet....

Shadow. It was Shadow on the cover with Knuckles and Amy, not Tails. 

I know, I edited when I saw what I typed.

But we dont know for sure, you cant tell everything by the cover, there isnt room to squeeze everything on there. So guess we will have to wait and see, I dont count them out just yet....

I'm certain you can count them out, the crossover is clearly going off current game characters only.

I know, I edited when I saw what I typed.

2fast4u. Teeheehee. Ah well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure, if anyone has thought about this.  But with the fact that, were getting another white-out for this crossover, one has to think that perhaps the white-in that will take place at the end of this crossover may have something to do with the characters of Saturday morning and the comics getting their redesigns.

Because when you think of it, the last time the whiteness took place, it changed certain things in Sonic's prime universe.  So one would have to imagine, that characters like Sally and Bunnie could be getting their redesigns as an aftereffect of this crossover.  Now one would say that doesn't make any sense, but yet when you really think about it, in a sense it does.

The reason it makes sense, is because we always wondered if the World's Collide crossover would have any connection to either continuity.  And it seems that it does and it will.

Of course, this also answers the question, of if we will get some kind of logical story behind the redesigns and Sally being restored.  And I guess when one looks at this, one has to realize that here is your story.

If you want an example, look up Linkara's "March of the Titans team history" video, and you will see that he talks about how Wonder Girl a.k.a. Donna Troy, got her redesigns, and perhaps you may see exactly what I'm talking about.  And yes I know it's a strange comparison, but isn't it kind of ironic that he would talk about something like that at this point in time.

Anyway, when one looks at it and thinks about it for a moment, not only do you get a logical reason for the redesigns, but you get the story that you been asking for (somewhat) at the same time.

Now what's even more ironic, is for over a year and a half, people like myself have stated that they did not like or don't like seeing Sally being a mindless robot or a robotic slave.  But yet here in the crossover upcoming, we have three main Sega characters or Sega Sonic characters possibly being turned into robots.  So when one thinks about it,  even though Sally's robotic state has lasted for little over a year and a half, that even though this may not last longer, you kind of get a balancing out with the robotzation of these three characters, and if you're not a fan of a certain pink character, you get to see her possibly as a robotic slave or robotic master as well.  Which again in a strange sort of way balances out what happened to Sally.  Even though her's has lasted a little while longer.

But again, getting back to what I was talking about, as I close this, I want you to think about this real carefully, if the first white-out and white-in caused some changes in the prime universe, whose to say this second one won't be the reason why the characters of Saturday morning and possibly of the comic itself will be getting the redesigns.  

So in closing I ask you to think about that and in respect I ask you for an answer.

God bless.
Edited by bwrosas

Really guys where are these Solicts coming from? I'm checking my usual spots and don't see shit.

Actually thats a Game Gear, look at the blocky design. 

I never had one of those. I just saw a handheld and guessed. :P

I'm starting to get the feeling the only characters involved in this crossover are the Heroes, Sidekicks, and Villains. We haven't really heard anything about the rest of the cast and what they're doing.

As I recall yes, that is how it will be. Understandable; it had to have been hard as hell to arrange this crossover with how controlling Sega can be. Also probably keeps the story more compact. 12 issues sounds like a lot but when enough characters get involved it can quickly go crazy.

I never had one of those. I just saw a handheld and guessed. tongue.png

I should slap you.

I demand you find one immediately. its one of the consoles that should be experienced.

As I recall yes, that is how it will be. Understandable; it had to have been hard as hell to arrange this crossover with how controlling Sega can be. Also probably keeps the story more compact. 12 issues sounds like a lot but when enough characters get involved it can quickly go crazy.

But...we just got a solicit that said otherwise.

But...we just got a solicit that said otherwise.

Well then. Can't argue with that. Will be interesting to see how they pull it off at least. I just hope the prevalence of the larger casts isn't too great... could possibly detract from the crossover.

I have faith in Mr. Flynn, however! Barring the few times he's copy/pasted his fanfiction into official canon he's a good writer.

Lets hope we're not dealing with another Tikhaos.

It's Yardley! drawing, so that's strike one.

At least it'll be Yardley's last issue to pencil for this crossover. After that it'll be good ole' Bates.

But yeah, the less said about Tikhaos, the better.

• Thumbs Up 2

I admit I like how official Yardley's art looks, my main problem is how he did so much work for so long he squeezed out a lot of other talent. I can see the stress got to him though given how he's cut back the amount of work he does. I remember when he was drawing everything, which easily meant 2-3 pages had to be done a DAY. That's a fair bit of work!

I have no problem (ok that's a lie, I MOSTLY have no problem) with Yardley! when it's stories requiring Mobians and action, IE 90% of the comic.

I HAVE a lot of problems with Yardley! when the story involves either more humans than Eggman and Snively, or giant monsters. I SHUDDER about Yardley! when the story involves both.

And that's the crossover.

I HAVE a lot of problems with Yardley! when the story involves either more humans than Eggman and Snively, or giant monsters. I SHUDDER about Yardley! when the story involves both.

And that's the crossover.

So we're getting a new Eldritch Abomination as an enemy? Dangit Eggman, don't you ever learn?!

Will be interesting to see how it all comes together... we should just count ourselves fortunate this story's going off without a hitch, unlike the Endangered Species one.

I wonder if the crossover will be referenced in canon at any point or if it's basically going to be as if it never happened.

Eh, I had my doubts about Yardley! doing the Mega Man characters before, but I do hope he does well with them in 'Into the Warzone' Act.

I just know the crossover will possibly generate some interest. I had quite a few people who didn't care for Archie at all but the moment I mentioned there was a Sonic/Megaman crossover suddenly they actually cared. It really can be a genius marketing tactic at times, to hook people who otherwise would be ambivalent.

Egg Emperor is at the top left along with the Death Egg Robot. The game system is also called an EggsBox.

Edited by Crash

Dammit, I want a model Wily Castle...

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, it's kind of bittersweet to see this cover since things are going to get sour between the two during this part of the story.

Who didn't see that coming?

This is why villains never win, because they can't work together to save their lives.

Liking the cover. I find it hilariously ironic they're both playing as their nemesis.

The cover screams late 80s-90s.  just look at the room in general.

Also this makes me want a SEGA X Capcom game even more. then again doing any sort of fighting game that would compete with Nintendo would make them lose out on them getting into a smash game (again in sonic's case).

Edited by goku262002