Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Huh, that actually makes sense.

As for Sally - didn't she just redirect the blast on herself? It doesn't really count in that case.

As for everyone else - it makes sense, though. Not everyone got the immunity. I just assumed that with Genesis, some people were left immune and some were left not due to the timeline being messed with.

Thanks for clearing that up though!

She redirected the blast to the room -I believe NICOLE even specifically says room, not here- so everything in the room was affected. It's why the roboticizer and the robots -Silver Sonic, Metal Sonic- explode; as explained pages before, machinery, when roboticized, explodes. It's why Sonic and Eggman are left the same- Sonic, Tails, Eggman, and Snively were the first four to get immunitized by the BEM. And finally it's why Sally is roboticized- she was never immune in the first place.

She redirected the blast to the room -I believe NICOLE even specifically says room, not here- so everything in the room was affected. It's why the roboticizer and the robots -Silver Sonic, Metal Sonic- explode; as explained pages before, machinery, when roboticized, explodes. It's why Sonic and Eggman are left the same- Sonic, Tails, Eggman, and Snively were the first four to get immunitized by the BEM. And finally it's why Sally is roboticized- she was never immune in the first place.

Hmm, my memory is a bit fuzzy but that makes sense! Thanks for clearing this all up; here I thought the time travel shenanigans were behind the fact roboticisation is a weapon again, but it sounds like there's a logical reason.

...wait. If not everyone was immune to begin with, why did roboticisation ever fall out of fashion and get replaced by Legionisation? That doesn't make sense. huh.png It was Robotnik's ultimate weapon of terror, so why did he retire it so suddenly if not everyone was made immune?

We were having that discussion on Bumbleking the other day, and admittedly that's the strangest part. I personally just choose to think he started going with Legionization to guarantee he had a means to subjugate anyone, immune or not, while planning his World Roboticizer.

tumblr_mjmaupiEyY1rxct5fo1_500.jpg

Edited by Captain Harlock

Sounds like the most probable explanation. Always have a Plan B... Never mind the opportunities for sadism are just 10x better with it.

That clip is just priceless, as a note. Poor guy just can't get a break, not even once...

Standard cover for #250, ahoy!

1363379924.jpg

Poor Mega, that smile has such a sad look to it. its like its almost saying "Yeah great for him, but what about me?! I'm the one fucking up now, wheres my win?! D:" 
  • Thumbs Up 3

And Tails is just like "when the hell did I get 6 tails??"

Tails' status as a 500 year old kitsune confirmed! I knew there was a reason he was invincible!

Poor Mega, that smile has such a sad look to it. its like its almost saying "Yeah great for him, but what about me?! I'm the one fucking up now, wheres my win?! D:" 

Hmm. Even Eggman's actually got a more prominent placing than him despite being a villain. Goes to show where Archie's loyalties lie, now doesn't it? tongue.png

I'm glad placing isn't taken seriously or Capcom would have a cow over this.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I'm glad placing isn't taken seriously or Capcom would have a cow over this.

It was probably Capcom who told them to put them there.

Yet another awesome comic cover. And the addition for a reprint of Sonic The Hedgehog #1 definatly makes me wanna read it now.

Edited by kimplix

It's common etiquette in comics that if two characters are at the same "level", then the guest star gets second billing. In terms of comics, Mega Man and Sonic are both B-List so Sonic gets to be the star on his cover, if it was say...Batman who was appearing in Sonic #250 then you'd better believe that the cover would be devoted to Batman.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was probably Capcom who told them to put them there.

From my friends tell me...

This is sad but true.

It's common etiquette in comics that if two characters are at the same "level", then the guest star gets second billing. In terms of comics, Mega Man and Sonic are both B-List so Sonic gets to be the star on his cover, if it was say...Batman who was appearing in Sonic #250 then you'd better believe that the cover would be devoted to Batman.

Ah, thanks for the insight!

I presume Sonic will be in the background on Mega Man's side of the fence?

A Sonic/Batman crossover is a strange idea so I'm going to try to avoid thinking about it! Poor Bruce would probably become an actual Mobian manbat.

Presumably yes, Mega Man will be front and center on his covers. But it's an unwritten rule kind of thing.

Sonic's been in stranger crossovers!

27.jpg

Presumably yes, Mega Man will be front and center on his covers. But it's an unwritten rule kind of thing.

Sonic's been in stranger crossovers!

Oh god Penders' tripe...

At least not as bad as the time his kids became comic characters. That was just... wow. Sonic fans inserting their personal fancharacters into official canon isn't even as bad as that. Or the time he used Sonic to promote his own personal comic book heroes.

...you know the more I think about Penders I don't think it's his stories I hate but the way he exploited his position as writer so horribly. Sooooo!

Crossover I remember most fondly is the Sabrina one. That was just weird to read. At the very least Sonic was successfully mind controlled though, none of that "He's too strong-willed" craziness.

Sounds like the most probable explanation. Always have a Plan B...

A proper scientist always has a Plan B! :B

Yet another awesome comic cover. And the addition for a reprint of Sonic The Hedgehog #1 definatly makes me wanna read it now.

I'm rather mildly annoyed by that honestly. It makes sense, sure, but it's not really necessary.

I'm willing to tolerate SU #50 having a reprint of #25 and FCBD reprinting MM #23 and StH #247, but reprints in general are kind of convienent and unconvienent at the same time. Though I won't let it bother me, it is still something of a pet peeve of mine.  

I'm willing to tolerate SU #50 having a reprint of #25 and FCBD reprinting MM #23 and StH #247, but reprints in general are kind of convienent and unconvienent at the same time. Though I won't let it bother me, it is still something of a pet peeve of mine.  

Understandably so given that it adds nothing.

From a marketing perspective you can't blame them though. Cheap, easy way to get stories out without having to pay the writers/artists anything more than they got already.

Understandably so given that it adds nothing.

From a marketing perspective you can't blame them though. Cheap, easy way to get stories out without having to pay the writers/artists anything more than they got already.

Quite true. Also just so people don't have to hunt down old issues on Ebay or something.

It's just that putting reprints in the actual issues when we already have Digest and Special magazines that does them already is what slightly bugs me.

Sorry for double-posting but here's the solicit for #250.

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Ben Bates & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante, Ben Hunzeker
Celebrate 250 issues of the longest-running video game based comic series, Sonic the Hedgehog, with 'When Worlds Collide' Part Nine of Twelve! The final act of the crossover mega-event starts here as Sonic and Mega Man stand united against the Wily Egg - and backing them up are all their heroic friends. Standing against them are the Robot Masters-all of them! Let the battle begin! At a whopping 48 pages, this double-sized issue features a special, digitally remastered re-presentation of the first Sonic the Hedgehog issue! Also featuring a stunning new wrap-around cover by Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante. Plus, choose your favorite hero with the 'Team Sonic' and 'Team Mega Man' CHIBI variant covers! Continued in this month's Mega Man #27!"

Still meh on the reprint of #1, but this sounds so sweet.

I used to love reading the Sonic Comics, hell I even went to a couple of local comic book conventions to get some of the rare ones.

But I quit reading them when some (not all) of the comics got a little boring, or lacking excitement. I know they all can't be epic. But also, there was just too many characters, I couldn't keep up with them all.

Not dissing the Comic or anything, it's an awesome comic! 

Got a reward for being the longest comic based on a video game didn't it? 

I used to love reading the Sonic Comics, hell I even went to a couple of local comic book conventions to get some of the rare ones.

But I quit reading them when some (not all) of the comics got a little boring, or lacking excitement. I know they all can't be epic. But also, there was just too many characters, I couldn't keep up with them all.

Not dissing the Comic or anything, it's an awesome comic! 

Got a reward for being the longest comic based on a video game didn't it? 

It won a world record yes.

Where did you stop?

But also, there was just too many characters, I couldn't keep up with them all.

That's my main problem with the comics as well. =/ It's so difficult to keep up with all the characters and their back stories unless you read through all these comics at least three times. Or get the Encyclopedia, which is what I'm going to do in near future.

But now that the thousand echidna characters have vanished plus a handful of others owned by Ken Penders hopefully this will make the stories easier to follow and will leave us with the smaller, original cast. And hopefully not so much of  the *see issue 130 for the full story! Ugh..

• Thumbs Up 1

Because of the way the comic is produced, those notes are never going to go away because they keep introducing old elements from the comic to plug the latest edition of Sonic Archives!

• Thumbs Up 3

Ack, that's true! Should've thought of that...

I've been meaning to collect the Archives actually, since I already have most of the Selects. But I'm not sure about the size and the fact they don't print all the pages of the comic, just the main stories I think.

It won a world record yes.

Where did you stop?

I'm not exactly sure, but I think it was around when Khan and Sally started dating. Maybe a bit after that.