Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Preview Time

sonicuniverse50-2jpg-480a7a_640w.jpg

sonicuniverse50-3jpg-e20ff1_640w.jpg

sonicuniverse50-4jpg-e20ff0_640w.jpg

sonicuniverse50-7jpg-e20ff2_640w.jpg

sonicuniverse50-8jpg-e20ff3_640w.jpg

In case you wondering where the other Power Gems are....they're in a chest....somewhere....

• Thumbs Up 3

This looks sweet. I can tell I'm gonna like Shard a lot.

"My city, no touchie!"

Can't wait to pick it up today. Maybe they'll carry the foil cover variant as well.

I don't know why, but even with a voice, Metal Sonic still seems rather flat.

"Not acceptible?"

UNACCEPTABUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL!! [/Lemongrab]

Still, I agree with the sentiment that this Shard character is kinda awesome. Look at him sass Metal there. :B

Edited by MamboCat

Shard is easily one of the most awesome originals to come out of the comics. It's so cool to see him having gone from a mindless robot to a literal metal Sonic. And the best part is he has the closest thing to a soul what with that gem of his... hopefully Eggman doesn't know how to overwrite data in them. :(

Looks like it'll be a pretty sweet issue, I'll look forward to buying it when my local shop gets it!

So after reading the issue, I've got a little theory on Shard.

Though the possibility of death is still doubtful, I kind of get the feeling Shard's going to get nerfed in some way with his Power Gem getting cracked a bit.

Snively is probably still quivering in a pile of his own wastes right about now.

Edited by Soniman

Snively is probably still quivering in a pile of his own wast right about now.

And with fans whining on how 'When's he coming back?" or "Orbot and Cubot have replaced him! Ian's getting rid of him in favor of them!"rolleyes.gif

I never really liked the Snively/Robotnik dynamic since it mostly consisted of him getting tired of being ordered around, attempting to backstab/betray him, gets foiled, and Robotnik giving him a mild punishment. I'm honestly glad that shit stopped with Scrambled's ending and find Orbot and Cubot's dynamic with Eggman just as engaging as Colors's.

EDIT: To be clear though, I say this out of lack of attatchment to SatAM. If anyone here likes Snively, that's cool. I just never had much appeal for him outside maybe his sort-of-a-bond with Hope, but even then, it's really hard to feel sorry for him in any way.

Edited by DarkLight

Snively's basically going to be away for a long, long time. We won't see him again for years in all likelihood. Likely at least two. It makes sense; getting them out of the story allows focus to shift to other characters.

Of course, with Lien-Da's virtual death, that leaves open some spots in Eggman's command, and it'll be interesting to see how Ian will fill them. Lien-Da and Snively, together, were his closest aids; while Orbot and Cubot have their functions they're not really of the same caliber as commanders as they were.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I like Snively mainly because he reminds me of Starscream from Transformers. Although, I am happy that he has gone for a while because I don't think the story that he has fits with a comic, especially this one.

I like Snively mainly because he reminds me of Starscream from Transformers. Although, I am happy that he has gone for a while because I don't think the story that he has fits with a comic, especially this one.

Flynn likes to send characters on an all expenses paid vacation to limbo every so often. We'll see Snively again surely, but probably in a year or two at minimum. Eventually Regina will find out the one she's with is a fake and the conflict will go from there. Ian will dig it up when he thinks it will be interesting or appropriate. For now, we have other plot lines to develop.

SU 50 Spoilers

I see Ian's unleashing is shipping juices  with Nicole and Shard, and here I thought that Nicole and Espio were going to be a thing.

Also, I know Shard is cool and all and everyone loves him, but don't you think that's probably  because he acts an awful lot like Sonic? Seriously, they're nearly identical in personality, unless I'm missing something.

Also, I can pretty much guarantee that Shard isn't dead.

And apparently in the recent Mega Man issue

The crossover hasn't happened yet and Wily already mentioned working with Robotnik, wonder how that happened.

Edited by Soniman

while Orbot and Cubot have their functions they're not really of the same caliber as commanders as they were.

The're basically this generation's answer for Scratch and Gounder

The're basically this generation's answer for Scratch and Gounder

Exactly. They're for comic relief; Eggman's back to being 100% in control. Originally he had Lien-Da and Snively to delegate a lot of his operations to, but now he has no lieutenants that aren't a fair distance away. He's entirely on his own in the Death Egg. Hence I'm interested to see who he'll put at his side; surely he's in the mood for having a commander? Those two robots have shown themselves to be far too incompetent to be given hands-on tasks.

Alternatively it means Eggman will get his hands dirty more often, but that in itself could backfire somehow.

Hence I'm interested to see who he'll put at his side; surely he's in the mood for having a commander? Those two robots have shown themselves to be far too incompetent to be given hands-on tasks.

Fairly certain Metal Sonic's going that route, especially seeing as how it looks like Mecha Sally will be gone soon.

When I read the part with Metal Sonic talking, I kind of hear that voice from him in Sonic Heroes...

Is that a good thing? That's pretty much the only time he ever talked. 

Besides in Generations with the Speech Bubble. 

sonicuniverse50-7jpg-e20ff2_640w.jpg

Alright check out Robotnik's first speech bubble in the 5th panel and you will notice that the font is different like something the editors did in a rush. I wonder what they changed there?

Edited by Scheming Minor

SU 50 Spoilers

I see Ian's unleashing is shipping juices  with Nicole and Shard, and here I thought that Nicole and Espio were going to be a thing.

Also, I know Shard is cool and all and everyone loves him, but don't you think that's probably  because he acts an awful lot like Sonic? Seriously, they're nearly identical in personality, unless I'm missing something.

Also, I can pretty much guarantee that Shard isn't dead.

Well, I think him being a expy of Sonic definitely plays a part in it admittely. But there's just more going for him besides having Sonic's personality. His whole goal to be accpeted by society when he's generally been viewed as a killing machine is genuinely engaging to me. What he'll do now and how much his own past cripples it will be interesting. My God, I make it sound like he's Shadow, or something.

As for MM #23's spoiler,

I believe it's been said how the two met will be explained during the crossover. It'd be pretty odd if they gave hints to them knowing each other beforehand and never follow up to how it happenend.

I'd speculate it has something to do with the blue Chaos Emerald winding up in MM's world and Wily conveniently finding it. Eggman's desparately searching for it through the Cosmic Interstate and tracks it down in an unfamiliar world and boom, that's their first meeting.

Edited by DarkLight

It'll probably never happen in a month of Sundays, but I think it would be pretty neat if the comic said that the Centaur Flash (from Mega Man 6) is an artificial attempt to use Chaos Control. It is said that the weapon can bend dimensions...

Fairly certain Metal Sonic's going that route, especially seeing as how it looks like Mecha Sally will be gone soon.

Hmm. Possible. It looks like Metal Sonic is developing a personality of his own... provided he remains subservient to Eggman's orders, there will be no conflict. I could see a great deal of a fight between Metal and Shard in this regard: Shard went beyond his programming and decided to use his abilities for good, whereas his "brother" went beyond his yet decided to continue to do evil. There'd be a lot of personal conflict here, on par with what Sonic and Scourge have.

This all presuming Shard doesn't kill him anyway. I'm not looking at those spoilers. :P

What happened to the Sonic Underground finale? Thought it would be in the second half of SU 50 but we got a chopped version of issue #25 (where's the finger? :P)

It got pushed back and the Metal Sonic vs Shard story took it's place.

Never heard of the SU story taking up half of it.

When I read the part with Metal Sonic talking, I kind of hear that voice from him in Sonic Heroes...

Is that a good thing? That's pretty much the only time he ever talked. 

Besides in Generations with the Speech Bubble. 

Yes, because that voice is so awesome.  It's practically the same voice he had in Generations, what with the caps lock and all.

On a different note, it's basically been confirmed that Elias and Geoffrey appear to be in the firing line as well for the time being.