Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

A bunch of grown up nerds dressing up as fictional characters from a two-decade old cartoon.

Yup.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 4

if this doesn't show you the impact of these characters, i don't know what does!

....Yea, cosplay isn't really anything revolutionary because every series has it to an extent.

if this doesn't show you the impact of these characters, i don't know what does!

Stop it son, you're hurting yourself.

I have a vid up at my bwrosas Youtube page, where I explain why the Robotized Masters were Defeated so easily.  Let's just say a certian Mascot's company may have something to do with it.

Its still kind of annoying.

Not denying that. The Roboticized Masters were a bit underwhelming because of how quickly things need to move along though they never really were the big threat the doctors have. But I do kind of wonder if things would be really different if it was just regular Robot Masters that the doctors could rebuild with the whole time/space loophole their Zone has.

Since Part 8 showed Shadow Man was alive and well after he was just got spin-dashed to pieces by Shadow.

Edited by DarkLight

I don't see how, I much rather a somewhat quick defeat over a overly drawn out slugfest that brings the plot to a halt.

Metal Tails and Metal Amy didn't last longer than one panel in the main series comic. Neither did Metal Knuckles but then he did endure long enough to be inhabited by Krudzu.

Why makes you think the master's are going to last much longer than that? If you're even a minorly important character in this comic, you're not going to have much focus.

Not denying that. The Roboticized Masters were a bit underwhelming because of how quickly things need to move along though they aren't or never were really the big threat the doctors have. But I do kind of wonder if things would be really different if it was just regular Robot Masters that the doctors could rebuild with the whole time/space loophole their Zone has.

Since Part 8 showed Shadow Man was alive and well after he was just spin-dashed to pieces by Shadow.

I kinda wish we didn't have so many of them, then they probably would have been a much more credible threat. I personally would have just stuck with the initial five: Tails Man, Knuckles Man, Rose Woman, and Shadow Man.

I don't see how, I much rather a somewhat quick defeat over a overly drawn out slugfest that brings the plot to a halt.

And I'd rather a threat actually be established as threatening. There's no reason to assume that establishing the roboticized masters as larger threats would have brought the plot to an immediate halt. Nobody is asking for long fight scenes, but for the antagonists to actually be dangerous.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

^I would've liked that as well. But since they had to add as many SegaSonic characters as possible for this and given how the doctors probably wouldn't have just settled for four friends when they could have the whole set just 'cause.

Edited by DarkLight

Well, I meant the set that could be worthy enough to be roboticized like Blaze or Silver. Though Charmy is kind of still iffy.

I kinda wish we didn't have so many of them, then they probably would have been a much more credible threat. I personally would have just stuck with the initial five: Tails Man, Knuckles Man, Rose Woman, and Shadow Man.

It's really a matter of balance and taking advantage of this being a crossover.

In one case, you have a bigger and much more pressing threat, but you lose out on the "what ifs" with the other characters. In the other, the threat gets taken care of much more easily, but you get to see the "what ifs" with other characters involved. I'd rather they'd have made a middle ground, but I'll take the latter option if a third isn't possible.

We should keep in mind that this is an opportunity that may not ever happen again (although I'm up for another one if they could manage to pull it off), and it would be far more wasteful if we couldn't see the other characters become Roboticized Masters, which I'm sure Ian was probably had in mind when outlining the plot. So I say they were wise to take advantage in using the other characters and capitalizing on the idea, even if it was a bit lacking.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 1

So... those were our only two options than?

All evil bromances must come to an end at some point.

Even if they were winning, they STILL would've betrayed each other(and likely destroyed each other) at some point, squabbling over something ridiculous and childish as is their nature. 

Saying as if I never already knew that.

Plus, Part 1 kinda planted the seeds of how their egos would eventually tarnish the bromance with them arguing with the name of their Zone.

Edited by DarkLight

Hey guys, remember how the French Sonic comic thing had a preview for #3 and it featured the Generations tie-in story in the preview?

The Generations tie-in is NOWHERE in the final release. Really strange.

Instead it has #230 (as was known about). #231 and...part of #232? Also the cover to #234. But not the story.

So yeah, seems like that particular export is doing some funny things with its technicals.

Also, there's a Comic-Con exclusive variant of a comic...

Megaman%2324ConVar_0.jpg?width=395

...Not worth it.

Edited by VEDJ-F

It's another variant for Part 1 even though it already 2 variants anyway. First variant I can't/won't get, (10 bucks? Seriously)? Though I do like how they chose the first official image when the crossover was announced last year for the cover.

Edited by DarkLight

Well, the beginning of Act 3 is here and with it comes Mr. Bates' first crack at the crossover. How'd he fare?

20130624_154237_zps98abb63a.jpg

20130624_161021_zps3084598c.jpg

20130624_161133_zpse5903acf.jpg

20130624_153849_zpscafaf658.jpg

20130624_153946_zps793aee50.jpg

20130624_154534_zpsfbccaff8.jpg

20130624_160056_zps28e7cd36.jpg

20130624_154518_zps39ebe72e.jpg

20130624_154013_zps9ffd9001.jpg

20130624_160113_zps1d96f3bf.jpg

20130624_154039_zps49e13237.jpg

20130624_154549_zpsab09c4ef.jpg