Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Sonic characters + RM interactions yes yes yesssssssss

And I VASTLY prefer Bates' art to Yardley's. I'm sorry, but Mega Man looks fuck ugly when he draws him.

But I am glad that THE thing I wanted from this is happening.

You really think they were gonna waste this opportunity in the crossover? XD

Spoilah time!

The issue opens with Sonic, ALL of his friends (Including Omega!), Mega Man, Rush, and Proto Man facing down a whole army of Robot Masters led by the newly roboticized Rouge Woman outside of the Wily Egg. The group heads into battle, Sonic telling them to push through to the teleporter pad. Vector reminds him that they couldn't crack the access code, but Proto Man tells him that it's still their only way into the Wily Egg. Shadow is overwhelmed by an attack from Napalm Man, but Omega steps in to unload HIS arsenal on the walking tank. He tells Shadow that Rouge was wrong and it WAS a good idea for him to leave his post guarding their exit portal, but the Black Blur tells him that he can discuss it with her once she's safe. Sonic praises Shadow for finding Omega after he "teleported off in a huff" (To which he replies that he "did NOT") and reassures him that they'll get his teammate back. Shadow tells him to concentrate on the fight and Sonic heads off to back up Rock. He asks exactly how many Robot Masters Rock HAS fought in his world, to which he replies that it feels like hundreds. He notes and is relieved that his brothers from the initial line aren't included in this giant army, as it's going to be hard enough destroying all of Wily's bots again. He starts to get worried about Dr. Light, but Sonic reassures him that they've got this situation well in hand and he's as good as saved.

Speaking of Dr. Light, onboard the Wily Egg, Eggy and Wily have placed a Motobug and a Met inside of his cell and are betting Rings/Zenny that their minion can do more damage to him. They cheer on their respective underling, but the two just end up bumping into each other and fighting amongst themselves. Light tells the two Docs that it's not too late to reconsider their actions, as trying to rewrite ALL universes is too much even for men of such genius. Eggman wonders how he found out their master plan, but Wily tells him not to listen to him and that he's just jealous of their vision. He claims that they have complete control, but Thomas reminds him of the other times that he's had "complete control" (Ra Moon, Gamma, King, the Stardroids, Roboenza, and Bass) and that he's always had Mega Man have to save him from himself. He also tells Eggy that from what he's heard of him, he's no different. (Chaos, the ARK, Emerl, the Time Eater.) Wily heads off in a huff and Eggy joins him after making a rather devious face in Light's direction.

Back to the battlefield, Rock says that this seemed a lot easier when he was fighting them one at a time while holding off several Robot Master attacks with Blues. Sonic comes to assist and also helps Shadow out by knocking Hard Man on Top Man. ("I didn't need your help!" "I know--I just like to steal your fun.") Blaze battles all of the fire-based RMs at once (Heat Man, Pharaoh Man, Flame Man, Burner Man, Magma Man, and Solar Man) and harnesses their flames into a giant tornado that she engulfs them all in. Silver handles several RMs at once easily with his psi powers, but Flash Man takes him by surprise with his Flash Stopper. (All the while envying his huge quills full of hair.) Espio and Shadow Man have a shinobi showdown while Charmy comes under attack by Hornet Man and Vector challenges Snake Man. Knuckles goes fist to fist against Stone Man and Concrete Man. (Stone Man noting that he hits like Guts Man.) Shadow tells the mechanized Rouge that she shouldn't have come after him when he's taken off guard by Shade Man, saying that she's among classier company now. Amy splashes down against a team of water-based RMs (Splash Woman, Aqua Man, and Pump Man) and is about to be drowned when Tails comes to her rescue. However, he's also on the retreat from Wind Man, Tornado Man, and Gyro Man. Sonic taunts a whole squadron of speeding RMs (Quick Man, Nitro Man, Metal Man riding Turbo Man, and Slash Man riding Charge Man) and Quick Man applauds him on giving him a more thrilling battle than the slower Mega Man. Sonic uses his speed and spin dash to make short work of them and tells Quickie that even though Rock doesn't have his speed, none of the superfast rust buckets have his skill. Speaking of Rock, he takes on a hoard of RMs before turning his attention to Rouge Woman. Sonic takes her by surprise and Rock reverts her using the Sonic Shot, acquiring her Black Wave weapon to make his collection an even ten.

Back inside the Wily Egg, the Docs watch the battle going on outside. While Wily is really getting into it, Eggy just stands in silence. Bass asks him if he's not enjoying the show to which he replies that while he LOVES to watch robot-on-hedgehog violence, he's currently piecing together a little puzzle in his noggin. Orbot (Along with Cubot unsuccessfully trying to make Treble heel) comes into the room to warn Eggy of an unauthorized transmission coming from the prison deck. Wily asks if there's a problem, but Eggy says that he and Metal will handle it and they head off, Eggy drawing a particularly sinister grin. Back to the slugfest, Shadow tells Sonic that Proto Man has a plan. Blues says that they need to change tactics because any RM that they take down can be instantly time-cloned and sent right back to them. Shadow agrees and says that they need to strike at the Doctors NOW. Blues says that with the battle covering them, Sonic and Rock can head to the teleporter, but Rock worries about leaving everyone to fight the army by themselves. Shadow insists that they can take care of themselves and Sonic agrees, saying that the longer they drag out this fight, the more time the Docs have to accomplish their master plan. The two head off towards the teleporter with Tails and Rush in tow. Tails asks if it's really a good idea to leave their friends against that hoard, but Sonic says that the more RMs there are in the battlefield, the fewer there are onboard the Wily Egg to stop them from thwarting the Docs' scheme. Amy and Blues wish them luck and continue battling the army.

Back in his cell, Dr. Light is trying to get ahold of Rouge, Rock, Blues, Duo, or anyone through a communicator built out of Met parts, but isn't successful. Suddenly, Eggy arrives and praises his resourcefulness, saying that he was wondering how Rouge knew exactly where to strike to disable the Wily Egg's engines and vent their chaos energy. He initially thought it was Rouge's own resourcefulness, but the big tell was Light somehow knowing all about their master plan. He asks Metal Sonic to bring the good doctor and he obeys, dragging him over to a huge drop shaft that Eggy opens with the press of a button. ("Wait a moment! You don't need to--" "Probably not. But I WANT to. Good-bye, Dr. Light.") Metal throws Thomas out of the drop shaft, causing him to plummet to the ground below. Rush quickly takes notice of this and barks at Rock, the Blue Bomber soon realizing what is about to happen to his father. ("DAD!!") The issue ends

Enjoy! smile.png

Edited by CC14 the Vipester
  • Thumbs Up 1

Willing to bet that if there's any falling out between Eggman and Wily, it's due to that last part there. Can't see Wily being too happy with it.

Willing to bet that if there's any falling out between Eggman and Wily, it's due to that last part there. Can't see Wily being too happy with it.

True, the whole "I'm the only one allowed to beat you" deal and whatnot.

Well that and

Wily was never really out to kill, especially not kill Thomas. They're still friends, per se.

Not gonna lie, I really dislike Yardleys style.

Bates actually has me minutely interested in how this ends. His style just...flows and works better.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, as much as I like most of Yardley's work, his portion was the weakest compared to Peppers and it was probably wise to save Bates for the last one.

Edited by DarkLight

Actually feeling a bit sorry for Yardley's placement here, sandwiched between Peppers and Bates his work just sticks out like an ugly sore thumb.

Well that and

Wily was never really out to kill, especially not kill Thomas. They're still friends, per se.

Yea actually, matter of fact this where I can see the differences between the two:

Wily respects Light, and isn't willing to kill to get what he wants...Eggman....not so much.

I freaking want that 2-spread page with EVERYONE on it as a Wallpaper for my computer.....NOW!

But yeah I agree with everyone, Yardley's art kinda has it's off and on's. Some issues's like Babylon Rising Arc and Yardley's earlier art in the Sonic X comic's looked so smooth, but yeah his previous stuff lately like in this crossover looked a little too off.

But Bates, WOW look at that cleanliness.  

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yea actually, matter of fact this where I can see the differences between the two:

Wily respects Light, and isn't willing to kill to get what he wants...Eggman....not so much.

Yeah, we all know Eggman got a little threatened by there being another man colleague in Wily's life back in Part 3. This bromance just turned into a bro-triangle.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, we all know Eggman got a little threatened by there being another man colleague in Wily's life back in Part 3. This bromance just turned into a bro-triangle.

We need a soap opera show of this.

Also amusing that we still have some background stuff with Orbot and Cubot with this one being Cubot trying to get Treble to heel.

laugh.png

The fact that Treble does make an appearance kind of solidifies the possibility that there will be a Super Adapter fight in Part 11 between Mega Man and Bass ala MM7. Though I probably shouldn't get too excited since it could be just as rushed as the Roboticized Master fights, but hell, as long as Bates is awesome with it, I won't mind.

Edited by DarkLight

Also, remember when the solicits said that the issue was going to have a reprint of StH#1?

...Just go to the previous page and replay the video.

There's a reprint of the end of #229 instead. As if that hasn't been reprinted enough.

We need a soap opera show of this.

220px-EricCartman.png

"Uh oh! The jilted lover returns!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Preview pages!

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

EDIT: And with that, that spread page is now my new desktop.

Welcome back Bates. Welcome back.....

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 3

Dammit, the  2 spread page isn't bigger than that?

Yeah, that's it's actual size for the preview pages. I'll just copy/paste the bigger version from the article.

k-bigpic.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah nevermind, had to go to kotaku to get a large pic of that.

Damn, wonder how long it must've too to draw, ink, and color all of that.

Funny how Omega finally shows up and the first line he says is already priceless.

"Please. Back of the line, pea-shooter."laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Someone at the sega forums asked this question 

This is my reply to it 

Me, I would keep things as is, maybe show more of Eggman and Wily thinking of stabbing each other in the back. But my main piority would be fixing the Robotized Masters sub plot in the crossover. 

I would keep each of them (expect maybe Tails) all robotized till 250, along with Rouge, and have the self destruct countdown going for most of the issue, like say about 25mins for all of them. 

Have Sonic and Mega Man fight their way through the other robot masters to try and save Sonic Friends before the countdown ends, saving them almost at the last second. 

And as added bonus, I would have Eggman and Wily give them along with their powers , the ability to combine/merge into one Giant Robotized Master, with the Countdown still going on. 

And then have Duo come in and Help Sonic and Mega Man save Sonic's friends at almost the very last second.

That would be my main rewrite of the crossover. Don't you agree?

Edited by bwrosas

No. While their fights were rushed, restoring the Roboticized Masters was necessary because having an all-out battle with every Robot Master ever sounds far more engaging (as the preview pages showed) than another "Sonic must save his friends from themselves' that we already got with Mecha Sally.

Plus, having the friends roboticized longer than they were would've sucked since they would hardly get any time to shine when not evil.

No. While their fights were rushed, restoring the Roboticized Masters was necessary because having an all-out battle with every Robot Master ever sounds far more engaging (as the preview pages showed) than another "Sonic must save his friends from themselves' that we already got with Mecha Sally.

Plus, having the friends roboticized longer than they were would've sucked since they would hardly get any time to shine when not evil.

I would still have Eggman and Wily give them along with their powers , the ability to combine/merge into one Giant Robotized Master

That still sounds less like Mega Man and more of Power Rangers, in all honesty.

EDIT: Not that PR is bad, mind you, it just doesn't seem appropriate for a crossover that celebrates two franchises that almost have nothing to do with either of them.

Edited by DarkLight