Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Does he realize how vital these characters are to the comic?

They aren't. Why do you think we went through those painfully contrived stories before the Crossover? They're gone. Kaput.

They aren't. Why do you think we went through those painfully contrived stories before the Crossover? They're gone. Kaput.

You're telling me Fiest, the guy who holds dominion over the Special Zone, isn't vital at all?

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope. Because as things have been set up right now, they easily said "Oh no, it's the lord of the Special Zone, Bleist!"

"But Sonic, wasn't he named--

"OH BOY THAT SECOND GENESIS WAVE SURE DID CHANGE THINGS"

• Thumbs Up 7

Aww, but I liked Elias! Now who's gonna rule the Acorn Republic? And what use could Ken possibly have for him (or indeed, anyone who isn't a monotreme)?

Um so we know we won't see those characters because.....? I mean it's most likely the outcome, but until we know what happened we should hold on the outrage.

Yeeeeeaaah, one really has to wonder what the heck's going to happen to the Republic of Acorn now. Is that going to be the end of it...?

Also kind of miffed that there's going to be no resolution to Elias' character arc.

If we do loose some cool setpiece characters like Queen Hathor I'll be more than a bit disappointed. Its no deal breaker, but I don't look forward to having more screentime devoted to literally sweeping characters like Elias and Aurora under the rug.

Wow fucking Penders..............HOW THE FUCK DID HE EVEN WIN IN THE FIRST PLACE! And FUCK. Tons of those characters are so vital that at this point they may as well reboot the damn series (which, if it was done well, I honestly would not mind)! Honestly I'd rather they completely reboot then try to go on with this. Just make a time reset thing happen at the end of Worlds Collide and reboot the whole damn thing. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

What really gets me is that Ken has no use for many of these characters. He has no reason to demand ownership of them, and is essentially condemning them to an eternity of oblivion, even though it would come at no cost to him if they continued to be used in the comics!

Edited by ElectroKyurem

Hm. I hope they end it with a bang. Like, one big finale before they totally blow it all up and start from square 1. 

I personally would like a Sonic comic that starts from the very beginning again. 

Guys, stop panicking. There's no need for a reboot, no comics getting worse, anything. Do you guys read the solicits as they come, or avoid them in order not to get spoilers? Tough luck, you're getting spoilers.

Sonic 252-
"SONIC IS BACK and facing the HUGE consequences of the mega-hit Sonic/Mega Man crossover story arc in "At All Costs" Part Two! As the crossover crashed to a close, Sonic and Tails have returned to a world which is reeling from the cataclysmic effects of the Eggman/Wily genesis wave! The damage was severe, the threats have changed, and the mysteries are piling up! What has happened to Naugus in this new landscape? What is the final fate of Sally Acorn? Sonic and Tails are ready to tackle all the drama ahead of them—but first they must survive the wrath of the terrifying Tails Doll! Featuring new cover art from Sonic artist superstar Ben Bates and a special "SEGA" Variant!"

Sonic 253- 
The biggest, most shocking event in Sonic comic history is underway, and YOU can grab a front-row seat in Countdown to Chaos Part One! Sonic and Tails are on a journey to the Mystic Ruins jungle in search of their missing pals. What they encounter is sure to surprise you! Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman begins the long trek back to his deadly Death Egg II battle fortress. Will our heroes find him and stop him before he launches again? And just who, or what, is the "Sky Patrol" and what does it have to do with the missing Freedom Fighters? Don't miss a moment of the chaos, featuring the first in a series of ALL-NEW inter-connecting covers by Sonic art superstar Ben Bates, and bone-chilling variant cover by T.REX!

Sonic Universe 55- 
"AAAAARRRR you ready?? “Pirate Plunder Panic” Part One: It’s mystery and mayhem on the high seas as Amy and Cream join first mates Blaze and Marine in their search for the final Sol Emerald! As ships clash on the stormy waters, familiar faces start to appear amongst the opposition and Blaze is targeted as enemy number 1! Who is the new, sinister force leading the robot pirates, and what is his past with Blaze? And what does a certain dynamite duck have to do with it all? Straight out of the smash-hit Sonic/Mega Man crossover event, you’re going to TREASURE this all-new storyline written and penciled by Sonic art guru TRACY YA’RRRRR-DLEY!"

So, let's check what info they give us.

1. There are huge consequences from the crossover.
2. The world has changed.
3. Sonic and Tails are facing the Tails Doll. This is your first clue of what's happening- the Tails Doll was in New Mobotropolis, Sonic and Tails were in the North Pole. What gives?
4. Sonic and Tails go to Mystic Ruins
5. Eggman has to travel back to the Death Egg

6. Characters are missing

7. Amy, Cream, Bean, and Bark are somehow in the Sol Dimension

Now, this is of course a fan theory, but think. What makes the most sense with this info given, that'd also be a perfect excuse to not show any undesirable characters?

When the crossover ends, everyone will "re-spawn" on the wrong "spawn points". Penders' characters will simply be assumed henceforth to be lost due to the shuffling.

Had I any money, I'd bet you money on this.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeesh....I don't give a rat's ass about Penders characters, but this is gonna be a mess for Ian to try to fix certain stuff, but I bet he was aware of that through.

Well that just sounds really depressing and morbid for the Ken characters then, they all just fucked off and died/ceased to exist?

In other news, Mega Man #27 spoiler pics!

137271326685_zpsc263b184.jpg

137271333069_zps63788a4f.jpg

137271339777_zpsc1a454a3.jpg

137271347614_zpsbe186b5e.jpg

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's... full circle, ChaosControl posted them all here originally tongue.png

And no, they didn't all just fuck off and cease to exist. Simply assume from now on "Hold on, where's Dylan the Porcupine? Oh he probably spawned in a desert somewhere and lives there now, off-panel."

EDIT: Assuming I and many others with the same theory are right, of course

Edited by Captain Harlock

That's... full circle, ChaosControl posted them all here originally tongue.png

FUCK IT WE NEED THEM AGAIN.

Or maybe I just saw them on plus4chan, hadn't seen CC14's post and thought they were new because they got swept up in the calamity.

There was a character named Bob Dylan? What the fuck.

Though I am shocked that Sega didn't put a hit out Penders rather than let him have the rights to a character whose last name is Robotnik.

Oh, no, there wasn't, it was Dylan the Porcupine. I kinda am so indifferent to those characters I didn't remember their names when doing the list, and never bothered to change them to the correct ones.

Thank God, they haven't got rid of Scourge, Destructix, and Fiona Fox from the comic book due to the court case, and it's too bad all of the cool characters are being retired like Secret Freedom Fighters Leader, Elias. I hope they make it where Team Freedom still exists and Sally Acorn takes over as leader of the Secret Freedom Fighters. 

In other news, Mega Man #27 spoiler pics!

137271326685_zpsc263b184.jpg

137271333069_zps63788a4f.jpg

137271339777_zpsc1a454a3.jpg

137271347614_zpsbe186b5e.jpg

What happened to Tails?

I think the few things from Penders I care the most about we're Enerjak and Lien-Da.

But it's whatever; I hope this Lara-Su Chronicles fails.

I think you'll find it won't even require hope.

Hey, all the better as retribution if it doesn't.

Also, before I forget to ask: would this likely interfere with the use of the Nocturnus from Chronicles on the hypothetical chance they could be brought back, or can Sega simply not give a fuck and use them anyway?