Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I would be mildly interested to see how he scouts the borders of Segas property. As I highly doubt he will be able to use the names/places and people that belong to Sega.

Perhaps Lara-Su's dad the "Protector" lives on the "Levitating Island" and guards the "Mayhem Stones" and the "Controller Stone" and has a friend called "Swift" the Hedgehog the King of "Animaltropolis"....I dunno..just riffing

I just had an idea! Maybe the Genesis Wave could give Penders' characters amnesia or something? That way they could still be used, but their names and appearances would be changed to avoid lawsuits. While it might be confusing at first, it's still better than saying "I hope you weren't too attached to these characters, because they're gone forever!"

They could reboot it back to SatAm characters. Have Sonic live with his Uncle chuck.

Id rather a game based reboot, but too many people like the cartoon characters and other original ones they have come up with over the years. Doing game arcs with padding and original arcs in between, that uses the game cannon would be interesting. Perhaps not full enough for a comic tho?

I rather liked the first genesis arc until they sped through the game parts and started throwing the comic characters in randomly. I also enjoyed the earlier game tie ins they did. Again apart from how they rushed through them usually in a single issue or special. Death Egg Saga mini-series was one of my favorite.

Perhaps a nice blend? Using popular comic characters still but being a bit closer to the games?

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, reboot isnt needed, it will be tough without these, but they have already taken care of a number of them, and a couple of the more important ones they might try to keep it, also reason why this comic is still around is decent is because it balances game and unique characters to do development and create a  broader scope, a reboot would kill a lot of that because there would be the challenge of reintroducing any non game characters

• Thumbs Up 2

It also won't be tough since the hard work's been done already

Remember last year, and the echidnas shoved in the sun

Seriously, you guys are basically crying "IT'S TOO HARD TO DEFEAT LANCE BETTER RESTART" when he's on his last Dragonite with just 1HP and you have your pokémon with full HP and PP and Quick Attack.

Honestly, reboot isnt needed, it will be tough without these, but they have already taken care of a number of them, and a couple of the more important ones they might try to keep it, also reason why this comic is still around is decent is because it balances game and unique characters to do development and create a  broader scope, a reboot would kill a lot of that because there would be the challenge of reintroducing any non game characters

So tell me what of Sonic's and Sally's parents. Just saying they died isn't going to cut it. and its would be soap opera cliché if that happened.

or simpler idea

or even better- Sonic's parents are off-panel. There.

Seriously, you guys are basically crying "IT'S TOO HARD TO DEFEAT LANCE BETTER RESTART" when he's on his last Dragonite with just 1HP and you have your pokémon with full HP and PP and Quick Attack.

The odds of that happening dwindle when Lance at last minute uses a Hyper Potion. 

He's no Hyper Potions left. He's used Full Restore already, and this is Gen 1 where they didn't have infinite items.

Point is, there are literally no obstacles left, and NOW you're crying. Hell, even if Penders settled, we knew he was going to settle 6 months ago. Nothing changed, except that it's over.

He's no Hyper Potions left. He's used Full Restore already, and this is Gen 1 where they didn't have infinite items.

Point is, there are literally no obstacles left, and NOW you're crying. Hell, even if Penders settled, we knew he was going to settle 6 months ago. Nothing changed, except that it's over.

Nice trying to justify your post at last minute. But besides the point I'm not crying. As I've said in the status updates I gave up on Archie Sonic years ago. I left in when I was a kid cuz I got scared thinking Sally was killed in the comics and then moved to the Knuckles the Echidna comics. I came back in when I was  13 yrs old only to leave a few months later. Then back again at 17 when Shadow had his mini saga, then I left and came back for  Sonic Genesis (generations plug in) then left after it was over. So I will sit back and see what comes out of this. 

Well, least I dont mind too much about any of the removed characters, and I only follow on occasion or through here, and my fav characters are safe(Mighty, Nack, Bean, Bark[game characters, albiet forgotten ones], and Shard who was developed out of a game character) in fact 2 of them are showing up in the next universe issue after the crossover

Id rather a game based reboot, but too many people like the cartoon characters and other original ones they have come up with over the years. Doing game arcs with padding and original arcs in between, that uses the game cannon would be interesting. Perhaps not full enough for a comic tho?

And nevermind that a game based reboot would really be pointless when the games themselves can already tell their stories and more. You'd either be retelling the same stories, or you'd be wasting potential filling in gaps that would have been done better justice with the interactivity of the games.

I happen to like the comics being a blend and adaptation of (almost) everything in the franchise instead of catering to one part of it, and I'd go so far as to consider that to be its strongest attribute that you would be doing a disservice in taking away that and differentiating itself less from the games.

At any rate, I still some something left in the comics before I start jumping the "reboot" train. I still want this Lara-Su Chronicles to fail as soon as possible...and I didn't get an answer to my

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Then I have bad news for you...and almost everybody else.

Here is the text I have found on TSSZ News:

[....] it is hereby STIPULATED AND AGREED by and between the parties as follows:
1. All claims asserted by Archie Comic Publications, Inc. are hereby dismissed.
2. All counterclaims asserted by Defendant Kenneth W. Penders II are hereby dismissed.
3. Each party shall bear its own attorney’s fees and costs.

Also, the Lara-Su Chronicles are officially continuing.

My biggest fear for the comics just got bigger. What if Sega pulls the plug on Sonic Archie Comics? There is still a Sega and Electronic Arts vs Penders case going on.

Edited by UltDevilDoom

Then I have bad news for you...and almost everybody else.

Here is the text I have found on TSSZ News:

[....] it is hereby STIPULATED AND AGREED by and between the parties as follows:

1. All claims asserted by Archie Comic Publications, Inc. are hereby dismissed.

2. All counterclaims asserted by Defendant Kenneth W. Penders II are hereby dismissed.

3. Each party shall bear its own attorney’s fees and costs.

Also, the Lara-Su Chronicles are officially continuing.

My biggest fear for the comics just got bigger. What if Sega pulls the plug on Sonic Archie Comics? There is still a Sega and Electronic Arts vs Penders case going on.

Well then, there we go...So then this means most of the characters Penders owns (https://sites.google.com/site/sthcharasbyauthor/list-of-ken-penders-characters) that are listed here....The ones still left in the comic are just going to be erased off now?

So tell me what of Sonic's and Sally's parents. Just saying they died isn't going to cut it. and its would be soap opera cliché if that happened.

Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see what they'll do...

Time for some spoilers!

The issue opens with Dr. Light plummeting to his doom. Rock quickly sends a communication begging anyone for help as he probably won't be able to reach him in time. Sonic tries to head into action, but his position combined with the fact that Light is about to fall directly into the crater limit his movements severely. Thomas looks at his son flying towards him, closes his eyes, says that he's sorry, and prepares to face the inevitable. However, his final descent is cut short when Shadow uses chaos control to teleport in and grab him, bringing him to safety. Shadow tells him to stay down while Omega provides cover as Proto Man lets Rock know that he's okay. Thomas asks to speak to Rock directly and Blues gives him his helmet so he can. He tells Rock to do everything in his power to take out the Wily Egg and stop the Doctors' evil machinations. Rock heeds his father's wishes and tells him to stay safe as he and Rush join Sonic and Tails at the teleporter pad. Tails quickly cracks the code and they transport into the Wily Egg. Rouge meets back up with Dr. Light who is glad to see that she's safe. She informs him of their overwhelming situation while fighting Gemini Man with Blues. Thomas uses some leftover scrap to create a makeshift buster and joins the battle, saying that reinforcements should be arriving any moment. Speaking of, Duo steps into the portal prepared for him by Roll and Auto at Light Labs and makes his journey into the Skull Egg Zone.

Back onboard the Wily Egg, Eggy asks Wily how the battle's going, but needless to say, Albert is NOT happy about what he tried to do to Thomas. Eggy says that he had to be dealt with as he knew too much and was going to contact Mega Man, but Wily says that he wants Light embarrassed, humbled, and defeated, not dead. Bass quickly informs the fueding Docs of their oncoming intruders and they dispatch the Mega Man Killers as well as Bass and Metal themselves to keep them occupied while they get their final weapon online. The two head off to prepare their Egg-Wily Machine while glaring at one another and thinking about how the other's time in their little plan is up. Back to the Blue Crew, they make it through the various obstacles littering the base while arguing over which hero's archnemesis had a bigger hand in the fortress design. They soon run into the Mega Man Killers who immediately attack them. Sonic and Punk have a battle of spiked balls while Tails and Rush take on Enker and Rock clashes with Ballade. Rock reminds Ballade of the sacrifice that he made for him in Mega Man IV, but the Mega Man Killer has no idea what he's talking about, leading Rock to realize that he must have been taken from a time before they fought. Sonic herds Punk into Enker, demolishing him and then he and Tails head for Ballade in spin jump form. While Sonic is able to knock him off-kilter, one of his Ballade Crackers suddenly shoots out and gets a direct hit on Tails' ball form. Sonic runs to his buddy's side while Rock finishes off Ballade. The two lay Tails on Rush's jet form and Mega Man tells Sonic that his canine pal will take him back to the others for medical help. Sonic takes Tails' hand and the two remember back to a similar situation back in the Launch Base Zone and how they were able to overcome it despite how bad it looked. Sonic tells his foxy friend to rest up and that they've got this handled when Rush departs.

The two true blue heroes rush through the base when they're intercepted by the Chaos Devil. Noticing the resemblance to each of their familiar monstrous foes, they try to take it out using the usual Devil weakness, but the Chaos fluid protects it. They then decide to double team it with a spin dash/sonic shot combo, but it just results in Sonic getting trapped in the thing. However, unbeknownst to them, Duo has made his way to the battlefield where Thomas quickly points him in the Wily Egg's direction, causing the bot of justice to burst through the bottom of the fortress, shattering several floors (Including one that features a cameo of Big and Quint playing cards) and eventually emerging as a shining force blasting through the Chaos Devil and freeing Sonic. Rock introduces him to Sonic and he restores their energy for them. He then tells them that the Skull Egg Zone is like a parasite leeching off of both of their dimensions that must be stopped as soon as possible before it gets out of control. As the Chaos Devil reforms, he tells them to go and confronts the beast himself, sensing a conflict between both an evil and a noble creature deep inside of it. Sonic and Mega Man rush through the Wily Egg as quickly as they can while their friends deal with the Robot Masters outside (Including a humorous confrontation between Rouge and Jewel Man) and Amy tends to the frazzled Tails. On the way, they chat about Rock's friend from space (Including Sonic bringing up the Wisps) before coming upon an Eggman/Wily hybrid boss door. They pass through and are immediately attacked by Bass and Metal Sonic. The issue ends. There's also a hilarious Off-Panel featuring Big Man.

Enjoy! smile.png

Edited by CC14 the Vipester
  • Thumbs Up 2

Umm..how does that mean that Penders characters have to be let go by Archie?

His counterclaims were also dismissed. Sounds like BOTH sides can use the characters in question. Penders didn't win, but he didn't loose either. Same goes for Archie.

Penders can continue on with his stupid idea of Lara-Su books without Archie being able to intervene, but on the flip side Archie can continue to use his characters without needing his say so since his claims were dismissed too.

At least that's how I see it since both cases were dismissed.

Umm..how does that mean that Penders characters have to be let go by Archie?

His counterclaims were also dismissed. Sounds like BOTH sides can use the characters in question. Penders didn't win, but he didn't loose either. Same goes for Archie.

Penders can continue on with his stupid idea of Lara-Su books without Archie being able to intervene, but on the flip side Archie can continue to use his characters without needing his say so since his claims were dismissed too.

At least that's how I see it since both cases were dismissed.

I really hope you're right, Tenko. Giving ownership of the characters to both parties is pretty much the only win-win situation that could have arisen from this. While I would have preferred for Archie to win outright, I suppose a compromise is better than nothing...

Edited by ElectroKyurem

And even if it does mean that, as I suspect it will, it in no way means SEGA's cancelling the comic, not now at least (if they did it'd have been earlier on). So will you people please stop panicking?

I apologize if this makes me sound like a jerk, but people here need to stop panicking for five seconds and look at the facts! This is from the article on TSSZ.

"The order and structure of the dismissal appears to confirm both sides have reached and finalized settlement terms amicably" 

It doesnt mean just one side won, and heck we might not know the settlement terms til later, so until then get a grip people! I highly doubt SEGA is gonna cancel the comic, and I also highly doubt Archies is walking away from this with nothing. 

It's been confirmed by BobR we won't know the settlement terms, btw. They're under an NDA, as to be expected.

There will proably be an official press release in a couple weeks, however as far as effects go we wont see for a couple months

Poor Ian . No matter what he says to try to ease things, it always turns awry...

Edited by VEDJ-F