Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Anyone notice on the page Gyro man posted that Sonic throws a ring and dashes after it? That's a Sonic Battle move. I love how many references it's getting! Though Dr Light lists creatures Eggman couldn't control, including the Time Eater. I thought he did control him?

People on 4chan have recieved Part 11 already. Not many spoilers given though.

The majority of the fight is spent on Mega Man and Sonic vs Bass and Metal Sonic. The cliffhanger at the end, however, seems to already explain everything for the future post-crossover.

• Thumbs Up 1

Color me excited. Considering the mass amount of shenanigans that's been going on thanks to Penders, its way too interesting wondering how they're gonna handle the absence of all these Archie!Sonic characters.. especially since most of said characters have been anywhere from supporting roles to almost vital. 

I'm pretty much guessing we're gonna get the games + SatAM and a few other characters at this point? I'd honestly prefer just the 'games' part but that doesn't sound bad. Definitely less convoluted and better rounded, but all too confusing on how it'll be handled, since all of Penders' characters are so overwhelmingly well-established into everything ever.

On another note, I really need to read the entirety of this 'Worlds Collide' crossover, it looks way too fun to miss out on.

Edited by Azookara

tumblr_mpe0ceifJR1rdxde4o1_500.jpg

I just had to put this in here because it's just brilliant, lol.

Haha I wondered if Sonic would get in a quip or if they would play off Ring Man. Looks like they checked that box too. After all the fan service and great art, references to other things etc I'm almost gunna be sad to go back to the normal comic with its ups and downs. I can only hope they keep the ball(hog) rolling strong after the crossover ends! Edited by Tenko

There's been a quote from Wily and Eggman from part 11 that I've overlooked because I thought it was part 10. Essentially, it's summed up like this;

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm loving the cross over, the little rivalry between Megaman and Sonic when traveling the Skull Egg Zone and encountering natural objects from each others worlds was genius. Also e Sonic OVA reference from Clone Mega Man.. lmao

Not like it's meant to be surprising at this point.:/

I'm sure it would be to someone who just read the comics and didn't browse the forums. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

The time has come for semi finality! Have some more lovely Bates art:

20130708_232446_zps3391c183.jpg

20130708_232629_zps48540093.jpg

20130708_232703_zps87f6622e.jpg

20130708_232745_zps59367907.jpg

20130708_232823_zps8aaa1be1.jpg

20130708_232852_zps334ec859.jpg

20130708_232928_zps7fc39ae3.jpg

20130708_233014_zps1b73d65e.jpg

20130708_233030_zps800fca09.jpg

20130708_233045_zps406404c3.jpg

20130708_233101_zps97f9ab20.jpg

20130708_233121_zps1b7e5e88.jpg

20130708_233147_zps900e6cb4.jpg

20130708_233223_zpsa872e84c.jpg

20130708_233315_zpse8790671.jpg

The usual in a bit.

• Thumbs Up 8

-So much for the Super Adapter fight I was hoping for, but eh, that's okay since it would've been a tad predictable for this crossover and I'm just impressed that they instead tried the ol' switcheroo for opponents which even then didn't really work.

-The panel of Bass getting hit in the face with Acoustic Blaster is the funniest thing ever.

-The Sonic characters (except Rouge it seems) flashing for each weapon Rock uses is an alright touch, I guess.

-Dat ending. Shit's definitely getting real.

-LOL Sonic in the off-panel.

Once again thanks CC14 for the recaps

You're quite welcome. smile.png Speaking of! Spoilah tyme!

The issue opens with Eggy and Wily personally adding the finishing touches to their Egg-Wily Machine X. Eggy starts to complain that they should've just had Badniks finish it instead of adding a "craftsman's touch," but he's interrupted by the battle between the Chaos Devil and Duo erupting just outside of their hangar. Wily says that they can't allow the two feuding titans to disrupt the genesis wave generator or else this whole thing would've been for nothing. Eggy also adds that at this delicate stage of their plan, a disruption might cause their worlds to not just revert, but their entire universes could collapse into chaos as a result. Eggy tells Wily to focus and they continue work on their machine. (The two arguing over the name of it and thinking to themselves about betraying the other in the meantime.)

Elsewhere, Sonic and Mega Man do battle against Metal and Bass. (Sonic humorously taunting Metal that he's beaten him in "every race, every fight, and even that time you turned into that stupid dragon-thing!") However, they find themselves at odds with their respective counterpart. The two heroes decide to regroup and Sonic proposes that since these two were made specifically to take one of them down, if they swap foes, they'll be able to take them by surprise. Rock agrees and the two exchange dance partners. Sonic tries to use his taunting and speed to gain an advantage over Bass, but his rapid-fire shots combined with Treble's assistance make it extremely difficult. Things aren't faring any better for Rock, who finds keeping up with Metal to be trouble even without his Black Shield blocking his charged shots. The heroes regroup again and think of another tactic: teaming up against one of them at a time and letting loose all of Rock's RM weapons. Sonic proposes that they take down Metal first, but Rock, of course, votes in favor of Bass. They have a quick game of rock/paper/scissors to decide and Rock is victorious. (Ironically, he wins with rock. XD) With Sonic covering him, Rock uses his vast arsenal to hammer away at ol' fin-head until he's finally taken down. (Metal and Treble try to help, but Rock's Chroma Camo/Psycho Burst trickery combined with Sonic's assistance cause them to slip up every time.) With one evil robot down, they shift the pressure to Metal, pounding at him with Tail Wind, Sharp Knuckle, and an improvised snowboard maneuver by Sonic. However, he's not just going to take this beating lying down and uses his V. Maximum Overdrive Attack to plow directly into Rock. Rock quickly turns this around by firing the Rapid Stinger at him and allows Sonic to finish the job, disabling their second nuisance.

The two stretch while joking about their respective means of healing (E-Tanks and Rings) and bro-fist to a job well done. Suddenly, though, their victory is interrupted by the Egg-Wily Machine X blasting through one of the base's walls and knocking them out with a huge laser. The two wake up later inside of capsules to the Doctors in their ultimate battle machine standing before another machine with the seven Chaos Emeralds floating inside of it. The Docs notice that they woke up and Sonic is amused that they kept them alive just to gloat in their faces. Rock asks about the Emeralds and the Docs reveal that not only have they obtained all seven, but the last phase of their plan is almost fully charged. The heroes then figure that their whole "wager" deal and the Roboticized Masters were nothing but ploys to distract them and buy time to charge their plan. However, Wily denies their theory, saying that the wager WAS legitimate, but since the RMs failed, they simply shifted to their back-up plan. Rock asks what good a super-charged genesis wave would be to them since they already reset their worlds and the Docs answer that with the limitations of the previous waves taken away by the power of the Emeralds, they could reshape everything in their image, become gods, and wipe them from existence entirely. The issue ends. There's also a hilarious Off-Panel featuring musical pun-ishment.

• Thumbs Up 2

Do you guys think they would have back issues at the Con? I've never been, but the owner of my local comic shop is going to it and he's asked regular customers if there are any particular items they want and he will bring them back.

Asked if he could get me a goodie bag from Archie's booth and to see if he could get a comic signed by Ian and Ryan for me. But beyond that I haven't heard of there are any special covers there this year or any special Sonic related items.

There's a variant of part 1 of the crossover exclusive to the con, but that was technically a Mega Man issue.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I need to start catching up on reading this crossover. I started reading it, but i started getting behind.

So Penders won.

How in the fuck does one claim your creation? Honestly, it is like someone taking your genitals, putting a bow tie on it, and then saying that is their creation therefore it is theirs. 

I have a question about subscriptions for this. I'm guessing if I subscribe to the comics now ill miss out on worlds collide at this point? I was just curious as I wanted to take advantage of that Worlds collide promotional deal they have going.

I have a question about subscriptions for this. I'm guessing if I subscribe to the comics now ill miss out on worlds collide at this point? I was just curious as I wanted to take advantage of that Worlds collide promotional deal they have going.

Proably not, but at this point it would be cheaper (and nicer) to buy the collection book they are going to release in a couple of months if I remember hearing right

Proably not, but at this point it would be cheaper (and nicer) to buy the collection book they are going to release in a couple of months if I remember hearing right

Ah, well I was going to buy the collection book as the copy I would read a lot and would just have the others for collection purposes as I'm a big Mega Man and Sonic fan. I just wasn't sure since it said 6-8 weeks till you start getting them.

EDIT: And I also planned on starting up on the normal sets of comics whenever worlds collide ended so I would not be too out of the loop plot wise with the new Universe, Sonic, and Mega Man arcs coming up soon. 

Haven't read the Archie comics in a good long time so thought I'd start at as good of a spot as I could.

Edited by LordMetallix

Mr. Penders has just posted about his comic project and he's claiming hes retained copyright of Evil Sonic and Robo-Robotnik. What. Why on earth would Sega allow this?

Well that's just dumb.

Note: This doesn't mean that the modified characters that stemmed from them are affected.

What in the actual fuck? How is it possible the Penders could have gotten the rights to such characters?