Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

But thats the thing, doesn't Shard fill his role right now? I mean other then for closure theres no real reason for him to come back...unless they want to do a team up of him and Shard vs. Metal Sonic rematch!

Say, I just had another thought.... what if they merge the remains of his and Shard's bodies together with Shards personality? now look at it this way, last we saw Shard was in extremely bad shape, they need to fix him up, and standard metal sonic parts wont cut it, and they need an edge against the new metal sonic, so they take the remains of silver sonic 2 (from whereever they have him stored), and combine them with Shards shattered remains.... just a thought

And boy am I glad my favorite characters are safe, they are mostly forgotten characters anyways XD(Mighty, Nack, Ray, Bark, and Bean of course! and some of them are showing up again soon!)

The characters were sidestepped from not being menctioned too much but not Echinida wiped out of existence. they are still pivotal to the arc, Geoffrey is Nagus now and the whole reason why this arc is happening is to get Elias back into power.

Unless you want Vagina Tails Doll to be the final baddie of this arc and have Sally to take Elias spot?

You're not getting my point. The comics are written months in advance, remember? Even if the court case had ended with Archie winning, the arc was already written to NOT include Geoffrey and such. The arc was always going to end Penders-free.

Things do change last minute though you have seen that for a fact.

Okay Geoffrey excluded, hes merged with Nagus and is going to become some kind of horrible fusion and be cured at the end of it all. what about Elias though? hes still needed.

I hate to see Elias and Geoffrey go.  I hope there's some kind joint usage thing.  Especially since Geoffery is the host body for Naugus right now.

Also, Worlds Collide looks like it's going to go Unicron Singularity up in here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay Geoffrey excluded, hes merged with Nagus and is going to become some kind of horrible fusion and be cured at the end of it all. what about Elias though? hes still needed.

Wait, so Geffory merged with Nagus technicly counts as a seperate character, so that can technicly be considered safe, and a way they might be able to keep geffory is that if he does ever get seperated he will proably go through a major personality and behavior shif(I mean that much exposure to that much evil is going to have some side effects) so he could easily become a different person because well he kinda is

We had two dangling arcs: the one with Lien-Da, and the one with Nagus. Lien-Da got altered at the last second into an unsatisfying conclusion and we still have yet to see what'll be done with Nagus. I was actually interested in Lien-Da's plight out of all those characters, so that's disappointing for me.

Whatever this golden age is going to be, it isn't going to come for a while. But it's not the best thing at the moment.

Haha you may be right Mando, if he can get away with taking Evil Sonic then surely Archie can in turn make a Geoff-Nagus and get away with it provided they give him a new outfit and change his personality enough. I think we will be seeing some of Penders characters still tho. People seem to forget they came to an agreement and its been said by Penders that both sides got some of what they wanted. So for all we know Archie may still be able to use a number of his characters.

We just have to play the waiting game to see what happens after Worlds Collide.

From the hints of the solicts it just seems like they are abandoning this current saga and starting over. theres no real menctions of the current saga past the first issue back from worlds collide. so I guess everything wraps up in the first issue.

I'm really curious to see how he's going to sell his Lara-su Chronicles.

With this trial, he fu**ed pretty much every echidna's lover because they're never going to appear in Archie so they're probably going to boycott Ken's comic, and I don't think the kids will buy a She-Knuckles look-a-like when they can have Sonic.

So who will buy this? Ken's hardcore fanboys and Flynn's haters... so what.. fifty people, a hundred maybe?

Edited by CiNozzo

I'm a bit sad for Lien-Da.. and Ken having Evil Sonic and Robo-Robotnik is beyond ridiculous, I have no idea at all how they got away with that and how SEGA wasn't able to stop them :/

But to be honest my biggest worry is the Ken comics themselves, I still can't believe those insults to Sonic are going to be published and maybe even marketed. Barf. I hope they crash and burn.

They will crash & burn. Everyone with sense hates him now. A note guys, I got Sonic Archives 21. I'll see if anythings changed & report back. I saw that Vector almost said crap but that's probably Penders being 'edgy'.

They will crash & burn. Everyone with sense hates him now. A note guys, I got Sonic Archives 21. I'll see if anythings changed & report back. I saw that Vector almost said crap but that's probably Penders being 'edgy'.

Yeah, that's another problem... I hope the Archives and Sagas will be left unchanged.

Edited by CiNozzo

Never mind Ian Flynn, unlike Penders, actually got off his ass and already gave an ending to Jani-Ca's storyline. And it was awesome, even if a bit of self-insertion for Other M (though other M was a fun piece of fanfiction so okay I can kind of forgive Ian). I was positively giddy back when the Archie blogs were still active; I loved logging in every week to see all the details on Dark Mobius. So yeah, Lara-Su Chronicles can piss off.

Count me with the consensus that the law really is stupid. How can you own a recolor? I mean seriously? Anyone else would get copyright infringement stuffed down their throat.

I guess SEGA just didn't really care to contest it. I am curious to see how the Elias/Geoffrey thing resolves itself now, though. If nothing else we have a brilliant loophole to keep Penders away if any of his characters may have use.

Which they very well may. Ian's a Penders fan himself.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Ian likely has zero say on it.

He has no actual vote in the process, yes.

The way the order flows is either the Editor tells the writer what sort of story they'd like (the Silver arc was assigned to Ian for example; Ian actually hated the idea of Enerjak as the villain until he saw Yardley's new design. You can tell he had to make it more fun for himself by reusing the characters from Other M), or the writer has an idea but clears it with the Editor first. The Editor in turn has to present the idea to the head of Archie, who also has to present it to SEGA. With all this red tape it's no surprise they write the stories so many months in advance.

He could wish to use a character, though, and possibly argue his position. Though ultimately he doesn't have any actual power. He's basically a nonvoting delegate.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

You're still not getting my point.

From the moment Endangered Species was altered, they obviously changed the entire plans from that point on to count on not being able to use Penders characters. That includes the end to King Naugus arc. Which means that no, Elias isn't needed, and hasn't been since around... 6 months ago? 7? When was Endangered Species?

No matter how many last minute changes they make, I doubt even if Archie won the case they'd in 3 weeks rewrite the arc to add the characters back.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a bit sad for Lien-Da.. and Ken having Evil Sonic and Robo-Robotnik is beyond ridiculous, I have no idea at all how they got away with that and how SEGA wasn't able to stop them :/

But to be honest my biggest worry is the Ken comics themselves, I still can't believe those insults to Sonic are going to be published and maybe even marketed. Barf. I hope they crash and burn.

Unless part of the agreement was to have Archie's Red Circle Comics publish The Lara-Su Chronicles or have it published as SU Non-Canon Arc.

Edited by bwrosas

I don't think that would happen. I'm pretty sure Archie hates Penders, especially for how bad an image they gave their Sonic comics even to this day, not to mention this whole debacle. Sure there was a settlement or whatever in court, but that probably didn't put a stop to any negative feelings on their end.

Right, Sonic Archives 21 looks almost fine. There's one bit I'm unsure of though. In the Knuckles Story in Sonic 81, there is a point where some of the Chaotix are being taken on a boat by Queen Hathor. The font looks a little different as they say 'Why take a boat the long way when we could have just walked across the..'. I can't remember the original dialogue, anyone want to jump in if I'm wrong? Otherwise, it's A-Ok.

Nope, that's the original dialogue, weird font included.

But Vector's eyes were originally with yellow sclera by mistake at the bottom of the same page, was that fixed?

They're blue now. Though, now I've noticed a large uncoloured section on Julie-Su's head on the page.

The sclera are blue? That's even worse than yellow!

The sclera are the whites of the eyeballs.

Whoops, my bad! Those are white all page. Haven't done biology in years :-p

Rest of July:

Subscribers:

1. Will Get Part 12 of Worlds Collide in the mail. (Sonic the Hedgehog 251)

2. Probably Get Mega-Man 28 in the mail as well

Regular Readers:

1. Will Get Part 10 and 11 of Worlds Collide in the Comic Book Store(Sonic Universe 54 and Mega-Man 27)