Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I kinda like the more ruthless Archie counterpart because while Sonic can joke all he want Eggman actually feels like a threat and his actions actually cause significant damage. People may survive his attacks, but damn are they shaken and felt.

Yeah. I haven't seen the conclusion yet, but Eggman throwing Light out of the ship was great. I like it when Eggman is like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

faster_than_quick__sonic_250__by_herms85

Another brilliant spread drawn perfect. Looks like Quick Man wasn't fast enough for the blue blur

Edited by kimplix
  • Thumbs Up 4

It's not, actually. It's a universe far more similar to the gameverse, but it's not actually the gameverse.

But they make distinct references to events that happened only in the games; the Time Eater,Metal Overlord, Wisp, etc.

But they make distinct references to events that happened only in the games; the Time Eater,Metal Overlord, Wisp, etc.

Yes, but it doesn't mean that it's the actual gameverse. It's another universe where these things also happened. 

Yes, but it doesn't mean that it's the actual gameverse. It's another universe where these things also happened. 

So its the Not!Gameverse basically.....makes about as much sense as it sounds.

So its the Not!Gameverse basically.....makes about as much sense as it sounds.

Yep, it's been said as such. I mean, if it were the gameverse, the Archie-exclusive characters would outright not exist instead of just being elsewhere on the planet, to start with. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Yep, it's been said as such. I mean, if it were the gameverse, the Archie-exclusive characters would outright not exist instead of just being elsewhere on the planet, to start with. 

Just because the Archie characters still exist doesn't mean it's not the gameverse. 

Found this and decided to share it with you lot

We’d recently reported on Ken Penders‘ court case against Archie Comics, and the ludicrous court transcript with Archie Comics expressing a desire to settle but unable to because of issues with Sega.

Since then, I understand that Archie Comics has settled with Ken Penders over issues regarding the rights to Knuckles characters he created for the comic books and were subsequently used in Sonic The Hedgehog games. And as a result, the judge has dismissed the case.

And now, Ken Penders has announced he is going forward with his Lara-Su : New World Order project, which features said characters.

First off, TL-SC:NWO will not only feature the majority of characters I’ve created during my run on the Sonic titles, but there will also be some important new additions to the line-up as well beyond the previously announced Commander Taelor. And to nip any speculation or needless questions, yes, Robo-Robotnik and Evil Sonic are my characters, and no, there are no plans (currently) to use them. With regards to those characters, I’m not trying to be cute or yank on anypony’s chain. The fact is when business is involved, anything’s possible. At this time and in the foreseeable future, all I will say is that whatever happens in Mamaroneck is a certain party’s business over which I have no control over.

I understand we should look for changes Archie Comics may be making to their reprints of his work, which had been on hold.

The lawsuits against Sega and Electronic Arts are still continuing, which may be bolstered by this ruling and decision.

And my lawsuit against Sega and EA will continue to make its way through the CA courts…

With this popped up, It censorns me that either the echidnas return at future time, or they're lost in some unknown universe trapped and no way of getting out no matter how hard they try to do so

Edited by kimplix

I wasn't saying that was the reason why, I was just pointing out that's one of the ways it differs from the gameverse. 

The gameverse is really just the games outright, not any comic adaptation of them, including this one. 

Edit: Obviously, that wasn't aimed at the post directly above. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

I dunno, calling the current universe as not the game verse because of a few technicalities just make it sound more confusing as it needs to be imo.

Wait...Pender's is still suing Sega and EA?

Now the man's really nuts. He may have gotten lucky and turned one on Archie, but I will be utterly SHOCKED if he gets anywhere with Sega and EA.

They own Bioware, who made Sonic Chronicles, which Penders claims copyright infringement on his work or something.

How is EA related to Penders, if I may ask?

EA took on Bioware, which created Chronicles. Which includes the Nocturne tribe and Shade which Penders thinks is a illegal knock-off of his precious Dark Legion Echidna's and Julie-Su.

Cover previews! Let the shit go down!

1286516_ful.jpg

1286517_ful.jpg

(W) Ian Flynn (A) John Workman & Various (CA) Ben Bates

'Countdown to Chaos,' Part 2. The long-awaited debut of the new Freedom Fighters continues! The mysteries deepen as Sonic and Tails find their long lost pal Antoine! But what is the state of our formerly fallen fellow freedom fighter? What has Uncle Chuck's research uncovered about the nature of the dark power they've found seeping from the earth? And an unlikely return of a character you won't expect alongside Uncle Chuck! Plus, Eggman versus G.U.N. and the prize is Eggman's life!

1286518_ful.jpg

1286519_ful.jpg

(W) Tracy Yardley (A) Tracy Yardley & Various (CA) Dustin Evans, Dawn Best

'Pirate Plunder Panic' Part Three: THA'RR BE MUTINY ON THE HIGH SEAS! As Capt. Metal and Capt. Whisker clash, the quest for the Sol Emeralds pits pirate against pirate even if they be on th' same vessel! YO-HO! Meanwhile, Blaze, Amy, Cream and Marine are caught in the blazin' crossfire-and in the tentacles of the terrifying, sea-villain salty dog, the Kraken! You'll be walkin' the plank if you don't read this exciting issue with new cover art from that scallywag Tracy Yardley, plus a variant cover from Sonic comic veteran artist Dawn Best!

1286836_ful.jpg

(CA) Ben Bates

The Sonic Legacy series returns with a third massive volume! Over the years, the Sonic comics have inspired thousands of stories, three spin-off series, and a library of graphic novel collections. Continue your library of the Blue Blur's earliest adventures with this gigantic collection of thrilling adventures and hilarious antics as only Sonic and the Freedom Fighters could provide! It's perfect for long-time fans of the series or those looking to get in on the ground floor! The volume collects Sonic the Hedgehog #37-56 and is loaded with extra material and special features! Sonic and the Freedom Fighters take on the evil Dr. Robotnik once and for all, and the result will surprise you!

1286515_ful.jpg

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Jamal Peppers & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

Get ready for the truest, bluest and way-past-coolest Sonic Super Special Magazine issue ever made! The world's first Sonic comic magazine has got your hook up for everything new in Sonic video games and comics - featuring an all new comic adaptation of the latest SEGA video game smash hit Sonic Lost World! At a full 20 pages, Sonic Lost World is the longest video game adaptation yet to be featured in an issue of Sonic Super Special Magazine, but that's not all! Get ready to explore new settings, new villains, and a new Sonic comic universe landscape in the aftermath of the Sonic/Mega Man crossover event! Plus all the super special features you love!

1286837_ful.jpg

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Tracy Yardley & Various (CA) Tracy Yardley, Ben Hunzeker

It may take two to tango, but it takes twelve to Treasure Team Tango! The most successful Sonic graphic novel series continues strong as some very special SEGA game characters take the center stage! It's Team Rose vs. Team Hooligan vs. Team Babylon vs. Team Dark in a winner-take-all battle royal! The race is on for the missing Sol Emeralds as the heroic Amy Rose teams up with the fiery Blaze the Cat and the charming Cream the Rabbit in this super-fun, action-packed hit story! Sonic Universe Volume 6 collects the entire Treasure Team Tango storyline from Sonic Universe #21-24 plus exclusive special features!

1286835_ful.jpg

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Jamal Peppers & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

The year's most talked-about comic crossover is here, collected for the first time in graphic novel form! Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man: Worlds Collide Book 1 collects the historic first meeting of two of the biggest video game icons in the world! See the two blue heroes do battle while their evil counterparts doctors Eggman and Wily revel in every minute of it! Featuring all the action, fun and adventure of the first four chapters of the 12-part epic, plus exclusive bonus features you can only find in this graphic novel collection!

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 3

Now the man's really nuts. He may have gotten lucky and turned one on Archie, but I will be utterly SHOCKED if he gets anywhere with Sega and EA.

...Anyone besides me just imagine what would happen if Penders won again and somehow did something like getting the rights to the franchise?

Wait wait wait...

70x283.png

The Freedom Fighters have new designs? Bunnie's got her roboticized arm back at least? Sally's been restored?

Looking good :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay so, the Satam cast, from what I can tell, is also going to be rebooted into new designs and (possibly) new histories?

Sounds pretty cool.

Edited by Gryo Man

That dude should had been content with his recolor fancharacters he won from Archie, but I'm sure he won't be able to pull the rug out from Sega and EA. Especially the latter. If anything, he should probably quit while he's ahead, because I doubt he would survive retaliation from one of the two or both.

Also interested to hear that the Lost World tie-in will be 20 pages, which definitely sounds intriguing since ATAP stories have been usually around maybe 5-7 pages long aside from the ASRT and Olympic ones since they had an entire issue each.

Dimensions:

I just reasoned that the Genesis Wave has fused the game and comic continuities together temporarily rather than opening a whole new world together. Basically I'd say the current Sonic is a composite of the game and comic Sonics... once this arc is over it will be back to normal. :P

Wily and Eggman:

This was going to happen inevitably. Know the reason good always wins in the end? It isn't because some divine force is guiding good. It's because good people work together as an end, whereas bad people work together as a means. It's why the Sith of Star Wars limited their numbers to two; evil forces always end up devouring themselves in their reckless desire for more power. It doesn't take much logic to see why good triumphs; evil always weakens itself from within.

Eggman and Wily both being greedy, ambitious madmen, I think it was obvious this partnership wouldn't last even if they won.

New stories:

Oh yay! Sounds like we're finally getting a large Unleashed adaption and not a small one. I'm eager to see how this goes.