Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Wait wait wait...

70x283.png

The Freedom Fighters have new designs? Bunnie's got her roboticized arm back at least? Sally's been restored?

Looking good smile.png

I don't read the comics, nor do I really care for any of the characters. But these look lush indeed.

• Thumbs Up 3

Verte, where'd you get that scan from, it looks like its from Sonic Mega Collection Plus.

EDIT: Nvm, I found it. I derped.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

Verte, where'd you get that scan from, it looks like its from Sonic Mega Collection Plus.

Like, the previous page

1286515_ful.jpg

1286515_ful.jpg

Oh yay. Looking at the covers, seems the Genesis Wave's side effects have been to wake Antoine from his coma.

Well I can get down with this. Ant's pretty cool ever since he stopped being a wimp I think.

Is it me, or did they make Antoine a little more "commando" if you know what I mean?

Is it me, or did they make Antoine a little more "commando" if you know what I mean?

He does have a lengthy military legacy in the family name to keep up!

Sonic's not going to be happy at Ant becoming the posterboy for the Acorn military I assume. :P

The FF's new design gives them a more SEGA look, which is exactly what the comic needed.

I really think if the comics take off post-crossover that maybe we could see the FF showing up in other kinds of media in the future. I think it's possible that we will see the Freedom Fighters in a game again, and if not, at the very least, a cartoon series.

I think it's time for Archie to pitch to Cartoon Network about this. I am dead serious. A line-up like that right next to Adventure Time and Regular Show would make CN what it used to be in the 90's.

He does have a lengthy military legacy in the family name to keep up!   Sonic's not going to be happy at Ant becoming the posterboy for the Acorn military I assume. :P
You're a laugh a minute, bud. XD Seriously though, it's weird seeing him without his trademark coat on. Not a big deal, of course, but it really popped out at me.

Seriously though, it's weird seeing him without his trademark coat on. Not a big deal, of course, but it really popped out at me.

Redesigns do tend to do that, yes! Usually rancor causes such designs to be reconsidered but I think this will avoid that sort of backlash.

At least, dear God I hope. My faith in the Sonic fanbase is low as is.

Did Antoine lose his clothes?blink.png

Well let's be honest. Who wears clothes in the SEGA world?

I guess the Archie cast decided it was time to throw off the tools of bourgeois oppression of the working class that we call clothing.

I think it's time for Archie to pitch to Cartoon Network about this. I am dead serious. A line-up like that right next to Adventure Time and Regular Show would make CN what it used to be in the 90's.

Uhhh, there's already reports of them making a new Sonic cartoon that's generally going to be in the same style those shows are in.

'Sonic Boom' it's been called.

I doubt they'd put those characters in, it's apparently concentrating on the Sega cast only.

And to be on topic....that Antoine pose looks rather awkward. It's hard to tell what he's doing or looks like he wants to chop Sonic but Sonic's not caring at all.

The females. And Charmy.

My post was posted twice? Well....okay.

This is the spare, obviously. 

Edited by Mogtaki

All the female anthros. And every human. /answering a rhetorical question

The redesigns are neat. Rotor in particular catches my eye for some reason, plus he's looking to be pretty badass in that one cover. Then again, comic book covers do lie from time to time.

I really hope this isn't a lie. Antoine's looking to be all sorts of awesome.

I really do like how Ian rewrote him from being the little chicken of the group to an actual character, rather than just some massive stereotype of the French.

...granted. They could have played it for laughs if Ant had suddenly got all eager to surrender during the Angel Island arc, given the Dingoes had the whole "we are obviously Nazis but not Nazis" vibe going on.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

EA took on Bioware, which created Chronicles. Which includes the Nocturne tribe and Shade which Penders thinks is a illegal knock-off of his precious Dark Legion Echidna's and Julie-Su.

Penders logic:

If echidnas like Knuckles, then my property; do not steal.

I swear that's the only thing the Nocturnus and the Dark Legion share aling with being from a different dimension, because the Nocturnus are a group of hitech ninjas with a Roman Empire rank structure supported by copycat AI robots that grew too powerful while the Legion was previously a technophilic cultist group consisting entirely of cyborgs who had clashed with their technophobic brethren. A big chasm of a difference there Penders.

And nevermind how different Shade and Julie-Su are both visually and personality wise. If he wins, the it's a testament of how insanely stupid our justice system is.

• Thumbs Up 7

And nevermind how different Shade and Julie-Su are both visually and personality wise. If he wins, the it's a testament of how insanely stupid our justice system is.

I blame the fact cases like this probably don't come up too much. A lot of cases are decided not by evidence so much as looking at prior cases for guidance. Where there are no prior decisions on the subject it can become a lot less clear-cut.

I guess there just isn't much precedent on the ownership of recolors.

...even though the answer as to who should win such ownership is pretty dang obvious.

Cover previews! Let the shit go down!

1286516_ful.jpg

1286517_ful.jpg

1286518_ful.jpg

1286519_ful.jpg

Admittedly Rotor and Antonione is looking awesome(and it should be interesting to see

also want to say that Ian was a fan like most of us, and grew up with SATAM as well, so I am not surprised he wants to update and them and make them relevant, especialy with losing a lot of the extra characters they are staples many fans are familiar with

Pirate Plunder Panic is also looking good, and Bean and Bark ought to be a laugh, though once again it makes me wonder what Nack is up to, maybe he will be in the offpanel?

Nack will most definitely be in Off-Panel if he's not included in the actual story. A person grumping about not having their "rightful" role is fairly common for those.

In retrospect I'm seeing what folks mean about the 254 cover. It really does look like Ant's trying to make hedgehog sushi.

And...it's not about the designs changes themselves but what they implicate in making past things redundant.

Should contact Ian or someone and find out if this "reboot" of sorts with the new freedom fighters and changed world etc, if the other characters will be redesigned. The non Sega ones I mean.

Also interested if this will have any impact on the future of Sonic Universe or its planned arcs. Or if the other Sega characters will be given new roles or backstorys for the comic from here on.

To be honest tho, I hate to say it but I'm almost thankful to Penders for this. It actually looks really interesting and as the Sonic comic crew have said themselves should probably have been done sooner. Maybe at the last genesis wave. Tho I wouldn't have wanted to lose this awesome crossover.

And...it's not about the designs changes themselves but what they implicate in making past things redundant.

That... doesnt even make that much sense. Honestly I'm fine with it, Them being made relevant and useful is a good thing. And honestly as long as you dont allow it to become bloated additional characters to work with is a good thing