Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The new designs look boss.  Glad to see Rotor's evidently being freed of that back aliment, as cool as Iron Rotor was.

New stories:

Oh yay! Sounds like we're finally getting a large Unleashed adaption and not a small one. I'm eager to see how this goes.

So the crossover leads to Dark Gaia's resurrection?

I could see that happening.

...What is Rotor wearing on his head?!

I think Antoine should have kept his military coat tho. Looks a bit off putting compared to the other redesigns I'm actually cool with.

Really liking the look of all of the new stuff. At first I wasn't quite sure if I was ready to return to the main plot yet due to how awesome the crossover's been, but seeing all of these changes definitely makes me excited to see what awaits after the genesis wave's effects come to pass. Pirate Plunder Panic and the promise of a main game adaptation that's longer than five pages are also getting me pretty pumped. Should definitely be an interesting couple of months for the comics.

I blame the fact cases like this probably don't come up too much. A lot of cases are decided not by evidence so much as looking at prior cases for guidance. Where there are no prior decisions on the subject it can become a lot less clear-cut.

I guess there just isn't much precedent on the ownership of recolors.

...even though the answer as to who should win such ownership is pretty dang obvious.

I figure it’s more that Ken lucked out and Sega really didn’t care much for the characters since they had nothing to do with the games, and to them the comic is a giant commercial for their own merchandise. On the other hand, obtaining the rights to something like a non-iconic character expy rehash seems to be surprisingly easy (coughSonichucough) but incredibly easy for others to work around. ("Posey" being renamed to "Fluttershy" with a slightly different cutie mark).

Its like back when T-mobile gained the rights to a specific shade of pink that no other telecommunication service was permitted to use in advertisement, only to lose a case against a company they tried pressing charges on because they used a shade of pink with a slightly different hexadecimal number. 

Looks like the red shoe from the last issue cover that everyone thought was Sally's but recoloured to avoid spoilers was actually Antoine's. Seems like its a multi cover poster type deal

I gotta admit, I give props to Ian for shitting on the ridiculousness of Metal Overlord.

Yeah cuz Sonic making a joke about something is shitting all over it rolleyes.gif

I guess that means Chaos was ridiculous too cuz he made a joke about it when fighting the Chaos Devil. Then theresthe fact that Metal Sonic only looked that way in Heroes because he copied all the data of everything he thought he needed to beat Sonic; data from Chocola and Cheese and from Froggy, ie; Chaos' data.

Metal Overlord was actually quite awesome and a fun boss to play against before the giant monster thing became clique and tiresome as the final boss of every game.

That Pirate Plunder cover! Both those Pirate Plunder covers! Bean, Bark, Whisker and Johnny! All it needed was Nack to be the best thing ever! Really can't wait for that arc, will be something to take my mind off how stupid the redesigns of the main cast of SatAM seem to look.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I'm guessing the second wave is going to cause a soft reboot to everything, I'm guessing its gonna purge most of the current storyline seeing as with some characters M.I.A. the arc can't really complete itself.

Liking the looks from what I can tell, hopefully since the covers are now out we can get some concept art released by the artists on DevART.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, definitely looks like after the second Genesis Wave the story and universe may be leaning towards the games' side a bit more now.

The only design that rather irks me is Bunnie's, mostly due to her hair. I might as well start calling Rotor "The Rotor" from now on, too.

At first I noticed Bunnie’s change. Looks okay I guess. I think, it’s so blurry that its hard to tell. But it looks like they actually put her back in that purple leotard from SatAM…Um,okay?  I am thankful for Rotor’s redesign. He actually benefits from this I can already tell.

The only design I just don’t like is Ants. They took his jacket away.  Friggin Why?

Edited by Dejablue

Oh goody! I'm not the only one who finds it weird!

Yep i'm being contrary to everyone else.

Again.

I hope their logic and reasoning wasn't "Herpty doo well none of the other males wear anything but shoes and gloves so lets get rid of Ant's jacket JUST BECAUSE OF THAT!" Oh and give him a random white belt or whatever over his chest because reasons.

-And in a bizarre twist, the fandom is now asking a male character to button up that shirt.

I can't see but it looks like he might have "fur clothes" but I could be wrong.

• Thumbs Up 5

Huh, I am really liking the designs, they look like something Sega would make which is great. Never was a fan of SatAM or the characters but I appreciate the changes.

New stories:

Oh yay! Sounds like we're finally getting a large Unleashed adaption and not a small one. I'm eager to see how this goes.

1286518_ful.jpg

WAIT. So not only are we FINALLY getting an adaptation of Unleashed which has my favorite story in the series. We are ALSO getting an adaptation of SONIC RUSH ADVENTURE!?

WELL, at least I know I jumped into the comics at the right time lol

Say how far ahead are these previews usually by the way because I'm curious to see if I will start getting them in time as I just started my subscription.

EDIT: ALSO dumb question ,but how exactly do the variant covers work exactly? Do you get both in the mail, are they harder to find?

Edited by LordMetallix

Huh, I am really liking the designs, they look like something Sega would make which is great. Never was a fan of SatAM or the characters but I appreciate the changes.

WAIT. So not only are we FINALLY getting an adaptation of Unleashed which has my favorite story in the series. We are ALSO getting an adaptation of SONIC RUSH ADVENTURE!?

WELL, at least I know I jumped into the comics at the right time lol

Say how far ahead are these previews usually by the way because I'm curious to see if I will start getting them in time as I just started my subscription.

You should get them, these previews are from the last quarter or so of the year, and the beginning of next year

Also its going to be 10 times better than a rush adventure adaptation, It has Bean and Bark, Bow before the shiny

Also did no one else notice the Bark with googles and a snorkle?

Also here is a question, who is the partial arm shown on the sonic cover? it has Vector's chains but a purple glove?

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Has anyone notice that it looks like they got rid of Sally's pants from her first redesign? It looks like it. If it's true, I can just see it now. Many people complained about Sally having pants, and if they got rid of the pants, they'll complain for them getting rid of them.

A-Antoine.. took of his clothes?

..Why am I hot all of a sudden?

• Thumbs Up 2

Also here is a question, who is the partial arm shown on the sonic cover? it has Vector's chains but a purple glove?

Looks kinda like Bunnie cause of the dark colored palm area and light colored fingers like in the Super Special image..but as you say there's a chain on there. Vector has chains but not gloves like that. Who else could it be? Any other Freedom Fighters that haven't been seen yet that may get a design change?

Oooooooooh so that shoe was Antoine's!

Well played, Archie. :D

I'm also feeling a bit buh?! by all this. There was so much build up going on before the crossover; the traitor, Shard's apparent demise, Bunnie reuniting with her uncle, Antoine in a coma, Amy starting to become a permanent main character (yay)... so is all of that going to magically disappear with another Genesis Wave?

Well, daaayam.

If they magically disappear, that would be too much of an asspull as it is. The Genesis wave is convenient due to the Penders case, but it can't do everything without people asking "wtf?", and some are already doing that as of now considering the case. There's still some ends that need to be tied, and they need to take care of that.

I will miss Bunnie's cow-girl look. Especially her hat. But it's nothing to cry about.

1286516_ful.jpg

My heart pumped of joy for this cover. Glad Antoine is back in the comics

Edited by kimplix