Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Has anyone notice that it looks like they got rid of Sally's pants from her first redesign? It looks like it. If it's true, I can just see it now. Many people complained about Sally having pants, and if they got rid of the pants, they'll complain for them getting rid of them.

They didn't. If anything, it looks like she looks exactly the same.

I dont know if this questions been asked or not, but when the crossover ends I wonder if everyone forgets about everything thats happened prior to it or will some remember.

I dont know if this questions been asked or not, but when the crossover ends I wonder if everyone forgets about everything thats happened prior to it or will some remember.

In Sonic's case, sure, they might remember.

Mega Man....highly unlikely. The Genesis Wave did a little time effect in which Mega Man's world takes place after MM10 when pre-Genesis Wave took place before MM3.

This was done just so we could have more characters from the series to show up that have yet to properly debut in the comic such as Bass, Duo or any MM4 Robot Master-onwards so that the crossover didn't suffer from character balancing issues when it came to showcasing how greater the game cast for Sonic is compared to how Mega Man's so far in the comic's run.

EDIT: And oh yeah, kind of forgot about Proto Man since post-crossover shows he still goes by Break Man.

Edited by DarkLight

Yay, Big! <3

I'm guessing 255 will continue this, since there seems to be someone at the bottom right of 254's cover.

Yay, Big! <3

I'm guessing 255 will continue this, since there seems to be someone at the bottom right of 254's cover.

Damn right it does. And that robotic arm you mentioned is either Bunny (Rabbit? Rabbot? I have no clue), or some robotic helper. Either way, we'll have to wait another month for the 3rd cover

Cover previews! Let the shit go down!

1286516_ful.jpg

Just noticed this, but is Sonic doing one of his parkour moves from Lost World on the cover?

28022soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12

Edited by Professor Pickle

>full-on-ish Sonic Unleashed adaptation
>character redesigns to be more Sega-y

>what looks to be nearing a semi-total reboot
>Universe is doing an SRA adaptation

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'mma drag my cursor to the nearest "Subscribe to SONIC COMICS" button.. 

It's been a looooong time.

Don't bank on the reboot bit, people are hyping that so much they're going to be amazingly disappointed. Everything Ian said so far points to the "reboot" resuming itself to "Penders stuff is canon, but we're not talking about it any more".

• Thumbs Up 1

What Im wondering about this lawsuit, did Archies get anything out of the agreement?

Look at Pender's newest post on his website:

Originally I had not planned on attending this year, but events conspired to change that, and so I will be walking the halls and hanging out from Wednesday July 17 through Sunday July 22 at the San Diego Comic-Con. I will post on the message board under the ASK KEN section where and when I can be found when I have definitive information to post.

At this time, the only thing I know is that I will be giving the introduction to the SPOTLIGHT ON ELLIOT S! MAGGIN panel on behalf on my close personal friend Elliot (whom many of you may be aware of his most famous works involving the Last Son of Krypton) as well as hanging out periodically with Elliot at his table wherever it is located within the hall.

Beyond that, I could be anywhere, like maybe even attending the Archie Panel and see what's up. (Hey, I'm curious, too, y'know?)

Edited by mistercokehold8

What Im wondering about this lawsuit, did Archies get anything out of the agreement?

Look at Pender's newest post on his website:

Originally I had not planned on attending this year, but events conspired to change that, and so I will be walking the halls and hanging out from Wednesday July 17 through Sunday July 22 at the San Diego Comic-Con. I will post on the message board under the ASK KEN section where and when I can be found when I have definitive information to post.

At this time, the only thing I know is that I will be giving the introduction to the SPOTLIGHT ON ELLIOT S! MAGGIN panel on behalf on my close personal friend Elliot (whom many of you may be aware of his most famous works involving the Last Son of Krypton) as well as hanging out periodically with Elliot at his table wherever it is located within the hall.

Beyond that, I could be anywhere, like maybe even attending the Archie Panel and see what's up. (Hey, I'm curious, too, y'know?)

And hope shit doesn't go down. Literally

And hope shit doesn't go down. Literally

I don't think anyone's gonna poop on the guy. XD

Interesting. I would like to get another interview with him.

As far as the new designs go...

Sally = We've already seen it and she looks good.

Bunnie = Impossible to tell at this point. Just looks like normal Bunnie to me.

Rotor = Badass! I love it!  He looks like he kick some serious butt now. Plus, the goggles on top is a nice touch.

Antoine = ..Anyone else notice that whenever Ian gets a chance to recreate Antoine, he's topless? Other M, that Silver Arc and now this? Maybe, it's part of his master plan...

Paul - Ian, we need to talk.

Ian - About what?

Paul - It's the way you've been writing Antoine lately. I mean, listen to this latest Sonic script you did. "As Antoine pulled out his long sword to attack the giant Swatbot, His muscles tighted around his furry skin. His nipples stiffened at the thought of vengeance."

Ian - Yeah...so?

Paul - Don't you think it's a little...ummmm..

Dubs - Paul! We just got the numbers in! About female readership has tripled in the last 3 months!!

Paul - What?!!

Ian - You're welcome.

I actually just wish the current story would be canceled.  The Pender's case screwed with a lot of stuff didn't it? Just dropping it seems so much easier. Then again that might make Penders feel good and I just really hate him right now. He doesn't deserve another victory. But if you're going to bother with a reboot it should be a proper reboot. Not shoveling a thin layer of dirt on top of years of stories and then telling the readers "just pay it no mind, lol"

Also I wonder what this reboot entails.  I guess more removal from the SatAM styled universe and set more towards a games themed universe. That's fine I guess. But I'm raging if they waste my time rehashing more game stories into comics.

If we're gonna do this, may as well go all out. No more Mobius. Call it Earth.  No more Freedom Fighters, no more Acorn monarchy, no more Mobotropolis. No more a whole lot of things.

Edited by Dejablue

LOL They're a bit more kid friendly there and that's a tiny bit borderline. I don't think it's offensive, but it's pushing it, so no.

Also, I think he'd find it funny. 

Dubs - Paul! We just got the numbers in! About female anyone with eyes readership has tripled in the last 3 months!!

Fix'd.

I actually just wish the current story would be canceled.  The Pender's case screwed with a lot of stuff didn't it? Just dropping it seems so much easier. Then again that might make Penders feel good and I just really hate him right now. He doesn't deserve another victory. But if you're going to bother with a reboot it should be a proper reboot. Not shoveling a thin layer of dirt on top of years of stories and then telling the readers "just pay it no mind, lol"

Pretty much. I personally want to keep the non-game characters Penders wasn't able to take, but a reboot in terms of plot would probably be a relief at this point. Plus it'd be cool for new readers to be able to jump in without worrying about catching up, I guess.

This whole mess with Penders is such a headache, ugh.

Hmmm #254 says it will feature the unlikely return of a character no one saw coming.....five bucks says its Bunny.

Hmmm #254 says it will feature the unlikely return of a character no one saw coming.....five bucks says its Bunny.

With it sounding like Dark Gia or whatever, I'm thinking Chip.

Well everyone is hoping for shard to return.... What about Silver Sonic 2? I mean Chuck is a robot guy

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

I don't believe its an Unleashed adaptation either, "dark power" coming from the earth could be anything.

Perhaps that character they mention is whoever that hand belongs to on #254's cover, so they don't give it away but they get a place on the next issues cover? It does look like Bunnie's new robotic arm but the chain seems out of place and doesn't look like its on the pic of her on the Super Special cover.

Besides Bunnie who's been MIA for ages?

Edited by Tenko

Nack's been gone a while, and like I said ebfore Silver sonic has been as well