Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It does look like Bunnie's new robotic arm but the chain seems out of place 

Chain? What chain?

Edited by mistercokehold8

Chain? What chain?

The hand in the bottom right of #254's cover, it looks like interlocking links of a chain running around it.

I looked at it long and hard, and I see no chain. I do however see a stream of purple energy in the hand itself. Look:

240px-SonictH254.jpg

Hmmm #254 says it will feature the unlikely return of a character no one saw coming.....five bucks says its Bunny.

Well, it says alongside Uncle Chuck, so I'm guessing it's someone smart. Maybe Nate Morgan, back from the dead?

With it sounding like Dark Gia or whatever, I'm thinking Chip.

It says returning, though. They haven't been in the comic, AFAIR.

The main reason I feel Countdown to Chaos isnt an Unleash adaption is because we have no solid proof. 

Well it could be the return of Perfect Chaos, but what if it ends up with Tikachoas? odd but possible... Also Uncle Chuck could also mean robots, he did rebuild Shard, prehaps he rebuilt someone else? Or he could have recruited someone who knows

Nack would be odd random, but possible like I said he hasnt shown up for a while

I looked at it long and hard, and I see no chain. I do however see a stream of purple energy in the hand itself. Look:

240px-SonictH254.jpg

I see no purple energy, just a lazer grazing past the hand and casting light, but I see this grey chain wrapped around the black wristcuff thing. It looks different from the hands visible on Bunnie's preview art. If that is her, the prospect of morphing robot parts is intriguing.

I looked at it long and hard, and I see no chain.

Around the chunky bracelet thing, you can't see the blue'ish grey'ish linked chain? Not IN the hand around the black chunky wrist bracelet looking thing. I dunno if that's purple energy, kinda just looks like purple color on the palm bit of the glove to me...guess we should just be patient and wait for the next covers to show up rather than stabbing around in the dark.

Oh I see it now! Hmmm.....I think maybe that might be part of the design if thats even Bunny.

Returning character?

Well aww... here I was hoping for the Gaias.

I figure it’s more that Ken lucked out and Sega really didn’t care much for the characters since they had nothing to do with the games, and to them the comic is a giant commercial for their own merchandise. On the other hand, obtaining the rights to something like a non-iconic character expy rehash seems to be surprisingly easy (coughSonichucough) but incredibly easy for others to work around. ("Posey" being renamed to "Fluttershy" with a slightly different cutie mark).

I wouldn't doubt that, really. They just decided it wasn't worth the effort and thus Archie found itself with less of a leg to stand on without the official voice to back it.

Sad, were I SEGA I'd treat Archie as more of a partner and would have crushed Penders with full force.

I for one cannot wait for cuddly werehog antics.

Seconded.

A-Antoine.. took of his clothes?

..Why am I hot all of a sudden?

Shame they don't have to rename him like the others. Otherwise I'd suggest renaming him Ant-want.

Way I see it is that this is a bit of a soft reset. previous arcs may be finished, but in rather quicker more compressed ways, making this a better starting point by better defining the remaining characters and possibly making it a good starting point, but I do expect a number of questions to be resolved as well

One question on my mine is this. Are they gonna do anything with the fact that Knuckles may be the last of his kind?

Now this is just a personal opinion of mine, but Im highly looking forward to normal Sally returning in the comics, because while Mecha Sally was cool at first, but it dragged on for too long! It got old really fast for me.

Don't bank on the reboot bit, people are hyping that so much they're going to be amazingly disappointed. Everything Ian said so far points to the "reboot" resuming itself to "Penders stuff is canon, but we're not talking about it any more".

It sure is gonna be hard taking characters like Sonic's parents, an entire civilization that has a lot to do with the Master Emerald and Angel Island (and Knuckles), Sally's mother and brother, and various other semi-important-to-past-events people and just pretending they don't exist, then.

Honestly that's why I believe we're gonna get a reboot of sorts, if anything. They wouldn't just change the character designs for no reason, would they?

Not even to mention that thing the SxMM crossover was saying about how one world is left devastatingly changed while the other survives.. and considering how good of a track record the MM comics have had (and what we're seeing here in these recent comic shots), its gotta be the 'hog's world.

So yeah, even if it isn't INCREDIBLY big, and even if it wraps up things that happened before; we're most likely getting whats essentially a reboot in some way or another.

Edited by Azookara

Possibly the biggest question I have is after the crossover: Is the battle with Tails Doll and Team Freedom gonna happen or not!?

200px-Tails_Doll_Transforms.jpg

It sure is gonna be hard taking characters like Sonic's parents, an entire civilization that has a lot to do with the Master Emerald and Angel Island (and Knuckles), Sally's mother and brother, and various other semi-important-to-past-events people and just pretending they don't exist, then.

Honestly that's why I believe we're gonna get a reboot of sorts, if anything. They wouldn't just change the character designs for no reason, would they?

Not even to mention that thing the SxMM crossover was saying about how one world is left devastatingly changed while the other survives.. and considering how good of a track record the MM comics have had (and what we're seeing here in these recent comic shots), its gotta be the 'hog's world.

So yeah, even if it isn't INCREDIBLY big, and even if it wraps up things that happened before; we're most likely getting whats essentially a reboot.

... They already explained that. After the crossover, everyone is appearing in the wrong places. That's it, I'm betting.

- Where's Sonic's parents? Somewhere, we don't see where they "respawned" after the crossover and they aren't mentioned again, except maybe a line by some character saying "Oh, Sonic's family has returned home", with us still not seeing them.

- Where's Knuckles' civilization? In another zone, didn't you read Endangered Species? That's sorted already.

- Where's Elias and Alicia? Read the reply to "Where's Sonic's parents".

- Where are the Council? Read above.

- Where are the [Penders character]? Read above.

The problem was going to be how to explain why they went into the bus without showing them entering the bus, if you catch my drift. Well, the crossover solves that- EVERYONE got put into a bus, and they're going to be reappearing as the story calls for them (notice the solicits going "The Freedom Fighters are gone!" "Chuck appeared!" "Rotor and Antoine appeared!" etc). The ones they don't want reappearing simply don't.

EDIT: Also, as to the "one world survives!" and whatnot, maybe that refers specifically to the world exploding, as the covers are showing?

Edited by Captain Harlock

Some little teaser quasi-answers for further speculation:

- the glove isn't Bunnie. It isn't a Freedom Fighter, either.

- the character with Chuck is another SatAM-er.

Have fun. wink.png

Huh, so it might be Dulcy showing up, maybe?

Edited by VEDJ-F

With it sounding like Dark Gia or whatever, I'm thinking Chip.

Dark Gaia does not appreciate being called Gia! Only her little brother Chip can do that :D.

(Inb4 someone tells me that no one knows Dark Gaia's sex)

Huh, so it might be Dulcy showing up, maybe?

List of Suspects (AKA Who it might be):

Maximilian Acorn

Dulcy

Snively

I dont think its Dulcy, my best guess is Snively!

List of Suspects (AKA Who it might be):

Maximilian Acorn

Dulcy

Snively

What about:

Nack

Silver Sonic mk2

Dont really know anyone else XD

What about:

Nack

Silver Sonic mk2

Dont really know anyone else XD

Look above a few post. Ian says it's another satam-er. I looked at a list, and those were the only ones who would fit

You see it says someone that no one expects so I would say it is either Dulcy from the fact that its been so long since she appeared in the comic alongside Sonic and friends. Or it could be Snively finally gotten tired of his Uncle, and Snively deciding to work with Sonic and co' to take him down. 

At least that's how I could see it happening.

Edited by LordMetallix

New word from Ian himself!

Ah, what the heck, more fun teasing:

THE MYSTERY GLOVE
- it is a villain
- it's not a SatAMer
- nobody will guess it

Challenge accepted!

• Thumbs Up 3

Hm it's not Finitevus, Enerjak, or any of the comic villains off the top of my head. I actually for some reason think that Black Doom had chains on his wrists but the hand dosen't look like his. I don't think its Mephelis as we saw what he looked like in Sonic Universe. Hmm I have no idea at the moment.

Thrash? I dont know..... Snively in battle armor? Nack! nah thats not really his look.... hmmm guess we will have to wait and see

On the SATAM front other than an episode years ago I never really watched it, but I know they have both nineties cartoon on Netflix, and I would like to watch it, but which one is it!? also I have a weak spot for the old cartoons so I will proably enjoy it. Just realized its the one with sally in it XD

Edited by Mandobardanjusik