Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Actually, technically the next story isn't part of Countdown to Chaos in the regular book. It's the second part of All Or Nothing, the first part of which was in StH#247.

Can't wait to see what Ian's got in store for those, but I'm also pretty sad that the crossover's ending. It was amazing! I loved every issue! But I'm sure these'll be the same way. happy.png

Now, to pray to the Dark Gods that Archie acquires the license to another major video game hero or two so they can do more in the future!

I mean, if Sonic can crossover with Sabrina the Teenage Witch...

I can only imagine the fanfare if Archie had a license to say, Mario. Perhaps they'd have the guts to do what SEGA and Nintendo will not!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Nintendo would never give licensing rights to a comic to Archie, or any American company for that matter, now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, considering how protective they are of their IPs, I'd be surprised if they did license Mario to Archie. It's still good to dream tho...

Yeah, considering how protective they are of their IPs, I'd be surprised if they did license Mario to Archie. It's still good to dream tho...

Yeah, it was ultimately this.

But hey, Nintendo's loss of revenue I guess.

There's always other gaming icons to look for I suppose!

I would not want Mario in a comic book, he's supposed to be one of these characters with little to say except for iconic phrases.

I'd rather someone else, someone who'd suit it a little more (even though I'm not sure who right now).

I would not want Mario in a comic book, he's supposed to be one of these characters with little to say except for iconic phrases.

I'd rather someone else, someone who'd suit it a little more (even though I'm not sure who right now).

donkey Kong:? Kirby(well he did have a tv series)? how about a sega francise, perhaps a combination or two, like a comic that includs a number of forgotten characters, like a comic with Ristar, Vectorman, and say Sketch Turner?

donkey Kong:? Kirby(well he did have a tv series)? how about a sega francise, perhaps a combination or two, like a comic that includs a number of forgotten characters, like a comic with Ristar, Vectorman, and say Sketch Turner?

StC did all the old characters back in the day in one comic, it was certainly beast.

This might have been touched on already, but I'm kind of curious as to what Mega Man Legends would be like in Archie's hands.

I'd suggest Ratchet for the humor but he already gets comic books between games. No running series, alas. One can always dream!

More on topic...

My greatest thought on these Genesis shenanigans is that the timeline is distorted to a point we don't need to worry about Shard's demise. He was pretty much as good as dead given that his "heart" of sorts had cracked in two, but this changes the game considerably.

...watch him survive but be evil again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd suggest Ratchet for the humor but he already gets comic books between games. No running series, alas. One can always dream!

More on topic...

My greatest thought on these Genesis shenanigans is that the timeline is distorted to a point we don't need to worry about Shard's demise. He was pretty much as good as dead given that his "heart" of sorts had cracked in two, but this changes the game considerably.

or perhaps downloaded into silver sonic 2?

More on topic...

They'd need to contact DC Comics about that since they did the Ratchet and Clank comics.

I dunno, I think it's more in how it's handled rather than whether or not a particular character would work in a comic book. Sonic seems to be proof enough of that. Mario's probably more of a blank slate than most other franchises to be sure, though, so who knows how well it would work anyway?

I hope we don't lose Shard, he was shaping up into a fun character. I really liked his "first" appearance (as Metal Sonic 2.0) post Sonic Adventure, and it was a pleasant surprise to see the character revived and added to the supporting cast. I like to think "Countdown to Chaos" won't quite be the big change the solicits are playing up. Some changes to the status quo (such as characters receiving their updated designs, other characters going MIA, etc.), surely, but not a complete change. If anything, from what I can tell, the characters will come back from "Worlds Collide" to where they left off, similar to post-Genesis, and then something happens that leads to everyone becoming scattered. May explain why Amy ends up in Blaze's world for the upcoming Sonic Universe story, and why Sonic and Tails have to go searching for their friends.

Heh, sorry if this is stating the obvious too much, I haven't been on here in a while and only briefly browsed the last couple pages.

I know it's wishful thinking, but I'm really hoping to see Finitevus again.

Of course, since his backstory and whole motive as a villain was Penders' doing... either Archie's gonna have to do a reworking of him, or not use him altogether.

I know it's wishful thinking, but I'm really hoping to see Finitevus again.

Of course, since his backstory and whole motive as a villain was Penders' doing... either Archie's gonna have to do a reworking of him, or not use him altogether.

actualy, penders essentialy dissed finitevus, and Archie has complete control of him, so its all up to Flynn

• Thumbs Up 1

And if Flynn can use a character without any sort of problem attached, hes going to use them. especially since were short on characters now.

So, I'm guessing #252 will be the new jumping off point for the comic right much like how #160 and #186 were?

How about Samus Aran? I would totally read a Metroid comic book...

theres been a couple of mangas. personaly I would love a return of a starfox one now that I think about it, but lets start disscussing about what we think might happen, I still get the feeling Silver sonic 2 might come back, though now that I think about it this is an oppurtunity finetivous would love XD

They'd need to contact DC Comics about that since they did the Ratchet and Clank comics.

Depends if the license is still in force or not; otherwise it's a Sony decision.

There seems to be a lot of different takes on exactly what happened with this case.

From what I heard, however, the disputed characters were basically placed under joint ownership. Penders can use them, but so can Archie. No royalties or ceases and desists may be issued by either faction against the other. A sort of neutral outcome, overall.

Now, whether Archie would care to use such characters after the bad taste it's left in Archie's mouth...

That and of course the fact he's predominantly actually the product of Jon Gray, so that makes him safe.

Archie did try to get the license to make comics of metriod mario and kirby but nintendo rejected heres some test samples that they sent http://www.comicartfans.com/searchresult.asp?PM=2&txtSearch=Tracy++Yardley&Order=&PI=36

Archie did try to get the license to make comics of metriod mario and kirby but nintendo rejected heres some test samples that they sent http://www.comicartfans.com/searchresult.asp?PM=2&txtSearch=Tracy++Yardley&Order=&PI=36

actualy those are pretty good, too bad none of them were accepted by nintendo, that would have been great

Wow, just based on this piece, I'm surprised Nintendo wasn't interested. Yardley killed it on these. I wonder why Nintendo turned Archie down? After all, if I'm remembering correctly, Capcom was quite impressed with Archie's output with Sonic and went to them. Could be simply they weren't interested in branching out, I suppose.

Wow, just based on this piece, I'm surprised Nintendo wasn't interested. Yardley killed it on these. I wonder why Nintendo turned Archie down? After all, if I'm remembering correctly, Capcom was quite impressed with Archie's output with Sonic and went to them. Could be simply they weren't interested in branching out, I suppose.

well, nintendo is highly protective, and there is the whole penders debacble

well, nintendo is highly protective, and there is the whole penders debacble

Doesn't matter, the Penders issue should have a say weither these comics should be made or not.

There idiots, we would have gladly thrown money at those if they were comics. You don't my money Nintendo? thats fine I'll just give it to SEGA and Capcom instead you go on rehashing NSMB for the 47th time.

Edited by goku262002