Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It shall always be canon to me, no matter what Ian says from his Papal throne.

IMO it's probably the best thing to ever come from Penders. I love it because of how hilariously dumb it is. Ogilvie isn't even a first name, I guess; it's a surname of Scottish origin. Given the Franco-Scottish Alliance, I guess it was meant to be another nod to the whole "Sonic's family is French" thing.

But I guess you know that already, don't you? tongue.png

Heh, I actually wouldn't have thought of that. First I've heard of "Sonic's family is French" thing, actually.

I think it's acknowledged as canon, his character profile in the first "Sonic Sagas" volume mentions that Sonic had his name legally changed to "Sonic" with no disrespect to his forebears. I'm guessing this is something that happened off-panel, because I don't know of any issues that explicitly mention it. I'm alright with Sonic just being "Sonic" though; the whole bit with him having a "real name" was always a little silly to me anyway, and since it was never particularly important or mattered in the stories, it's just really easy to look past. I get the joke of "the cool guy having a not-so-cool name" but, eh, it always seemed like a throwaway for me.

Also, just saw TSS's interview with Flynn. I'm happy that, if it's any kind of reboot, it's not sweeping everything under the rug. I figured it wouldn't be the case, but it's always nice to hear a little extra confirmation from the guy writing the darn thing. I love the new character designs and how it's coming to more of a "SEGA standard" while still preserving the characters themselves. I like that Archie is trying to open up and make the book way more accessible, especially when they grabbed a lot of people from the crossover event. I also hope we do get to see Scourge and Fiona in the next year or so. I've been wanting to know what Scourge's big plans for Moebius and Mobius are forever and also why Finitevus is on Moebius and what he wants with Scourge as well.

It shall always be canon to me, no matter what Ian says from his Papal throne.

IMO it's probably the best thing to ever come from Penders. I love it because of how hilariously dumb it is. Ogilvie isn't even a first name, I guess; it's a surname of Scottish origin. Given the Franco-Scottish Alliance, I guess it was meant to be another nod to the whole "Sonic's family is French" thing.

But I guess you know that already, don't you? tongue.png

It is quite funny and as you can see, Sonic thinks the same as you, hence the change in name.  Would that mean he changed his middle name to 'the'? tongue.png

Hi guys.  I don't mean to interrupt any other conversations that are being done at the moment on this post but I couldn't find anywhere else to post this.  I have had Archies Sonic The Hedgehog issue #1 for the past 6 years now.  It took me 2 years to find (and since I live in England a lot of Ebay searches made that the result).  But the problem is.  I have only read the comic about twice.  Since then it has been inside a slimy, inside a suitcase and behind my bed.  WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH IT!?  I'm not selling it because I'm not wasting 2 years of my life and it is way to Sonic collectible to get rid of but I can't display because my room has a huge window to my front garden meaning as soon as someone sees it I have a big chance of it being stolen.  Anyone here know what I should do with it?

I just got MM #28, and for those of you who are curious to know what happens to old Megs after the crossover:

Rock's world returns back to normal and resumes where it left off before the crossover. However, everyone's memory is wiped of the whole extra-dimensional dilemma (Save for Wily having the BIGGEST urge to stomp on a carton of eggs) and Break Man's previous damage to both city and robot are mysteriously reversed. While MM, the Light Numbers, and Break Man resume their brawl, Ra Moon reveals his true intentions and takes over Wily's operation, claiming his Robot Master army for himself. Light tells Roll that he thinks that Break Man might be Blues and she hops into the fray to try and stop the brothers from fighting. However, just when she reveals to Rock who he really is, Blues accidentally shoots her in the back, disabling her. (Much to the shock and sadness of everyone, including himself.) While the suitably cheesed-off Light Numbers try to get some payback for their sister, Ra Moon sends out an EMP wave across the entire world, disabling every machine, device, and robot on the planet save for any of Wily's forces. After Mega Man falls to the wave, Break Man looks on in shock as the entirety of Mega City shuts down.

• Thumbs Up 1

So after all of that, nobody even remembers?....that's actually kinda tragic, because Mega Man will never know of the sacrifice Sonic made for him, and vice-versa if the same is true for Sonic's world.

Kind of expected it honestly. At least Wily remembers but likely won't ever mention it since he'd rather forget it all himself. Interesting how they handled the Roll situation by having Break Man accidently shoot her, leaving her in critical condition instead of how SAR did it with Ra Moon's electromagnetic field.

Edited by DarkLight

I knew Mega Man wouldnt remember anything if he did it would spoiler all the fun for him in the upcoming events(aka the MM 3-10 adaptations) I have to admit that i was caught off guard to seeing Roll get shot by

protoman breakman now to see if all this build up for the super adventure rockman adaptation for worth putting on hold for a year

Kind of expected it honestly. At least Wily remembers but likely won't ever mention it since he'd rather forget it all himself. Interesting how they handled the Roll situation by having Break Man accidently shoot her, leaving her in critical condition instead of how SAR did it with Ra Moon's electromagnetic field.

Wily doesn't remember, though. He just had an urge to stomp on a carton of eggs. Otherwise, that'd raise a bunch of holes... such as why he didn't know Ra Moon was about to betray him.

Alrighty, if we're gonna start discussing post-Worlds Collide Mega Man, I think it might be best to do so

I just read issue 251.  Wow, what a way to end on a high note!  This crossover has been true fun and definitely deserves to go down as a highlight for both comics.  If they ever think about doing it again, they have my full support.

Heh, I actually wouldn't have thought of that. First I've heard of "Sonic's family is French" thing, actually.

Mostly it's because I think too much about it. Between Jules, Bernadette, and Maurice (Charles can pass as a French name as well, however Anglicised), I think it's clear Penders was going for a French feel. It fits the blue coloration as well - France's color is generally blue. Finally you have the Acorn Kingdom representing Medieval Europe, and since Mercia is England, it makes sense the Acorn Kingdom goes the way of the other great monarchy, that is to say, France.

I think it's acknowledged as canon, his character profile in the first "Sonic Sagas" volume mentions that Sonic had his name legally changed to "Sonic" with no disrespect to his forebears. I'm guessing this is something that happened off-panel, because I don't know of any issues that explicitly mention it.

Oh ho ho, seems Ian might have subtly backpedaled. I recall Ian saying the Ogilvie thing wasn't canon (I'm not alone in ignoring this decree), but the fact he establishes Sonic wasn't his original first name makes one wonder... wink.png Opens up the fun possibility, at least!

I also hope we do get to see Scourge and Fiona in the next year or so. I've been wanting to know what Scourge's big plans for Moebius and Mobius are forever and also why Finitevus is on Moebius and what he wants with Scourge as well.

I'm assuming it has something to do with Anarchy Beryl and its properties.

Would also explain the Anarchy Beryl Bomb of the "possible" future timeline...

It is quite funny and as you can see, Sonic thinks the same as you, hence the change in name.  Would that mean he changed his middle name to 'the'? tongue.png

Well, it seems to be the cool thing for furries and Mobians.

So after all of that, nobody even remembers?....that's actually kinda tragic, because Mega Man will never know of the sacrifice Sonic made for him, and vice-versa if the same is true for Sonic's world.

Sonic remembers some parts of the first Genesis Wave. Since the wave is ultimately from Sonic's world, not Wily's, I think it's safe to say the crossover will have more influence on Mobius rather than Mega Man's world. Wily had only one emerald, Eggman had six, etc. This was Eggman's plan through and through, with Wily just being an accomplice when you think about it.

Wily doesn't remember, though. He just had an urge to stomp on a carton of eggs. Otherwise, that'd raise a bunch of holes... such as why he didn't know Ra Moon was about to betray him.

Yeah, I misread there.

No, there's about three weeks until subscribers get it, so about August 21st.

My bad. I think it's Sonic: Countdown to Chaos that comes out in October...

I wonder if Sonic will remember anything from the crossover. It's kinda sad that Mega Man and Sonic probably wont remember each other. Sonic never got the chance to tell Mega Man about the wisps :(

Read parts 0 - 10 in a day then got 11 & 12 the follow'ling day.

Fun lil' crossover, especially near the end..

My only complaints - after all the battles fought and won by the Sonic characters (as individuals or teams) it was kind of .. shocking? disappointing? that they were all taken down by Metal Sonic and Bass .. especially Shadow and Blaze who wouldn't have gone down so easily.

I guess with the combined genius of Eggman/Wily I was expecting a little more than the "we're ahead of schedule, they'll be dealt with this time" scenario.. they could've modified the Robot Masters to be immune from Rocks Spin Dash attack.. had Knuckles Man & Rose Woman self destruct.. but I guess if you spend the first 3 issues drinking.. :P

On the positive side - cameos, a few surprises.. when Dr Light was giving his speech inside his chamber and Eggman was listening, I thought for sure he was listening to reason.. instead Eggman did what he did..

Overall a well balanced crossover, they spent around the same time explaining things and making references to each series.

Artwork was great too.

I hope they remember what happened, when the story resumed from the first reset (#230) Eggman remembered what had happened while Sonic could only remember bits and pieces but knew where he was when they returned..but the "Hi Sal" proves that it actually did happen .. so it's safe to assume this crossover did take place.. we'll see if the characters either acknowledge what had happened (and why not, they could do another crossover as long as the Mega Man series continues), have no recollection of the whole thing (boo) or worst case scenario none of the characters discuss it at all.

Anywho, looking forward to the next Sonic.. probably take a quick peek into the next Mega Man too.. I'm going to guess they all return right where they left off (Sonic closing in on Mecha Sally / Mega Man getting his ass handed to him)

It wasn't just Metal and Bass who were rounding up Sonic's friends, the Copy Robot was as well.

EDIT: My headcanon is that they sent Copy Robot to take down characters that would've been more hard to take down since all he needed to do was just shoot and they'd be sent to the roboticizer immediately. Hence why we had him not only handle each Chaotix member one-by-one, but as well as Silver and later revealed in Part 7, Shadow.

Blaze, Amy, and Knuckles are still up in the air as to who brought them down but it really doesn't matter in retrospect.

Edited by DarkLight

My only complaints - after all the battles fought and won by the Sonic characters (as individuals or teams) it was kind of .. shocking? disappointing? that they were all taken down by Metal Sonic and Bass .. especially Shadow and Blaze who wouldn't have gone down so easily.

I guess with the combined genius of Eggman/Wily I was expecting a little more than the "we're ahead of schedule, they'll be dealt with this time" scenario.. they could've modified the Robot Masters to be immune from Rocks Spin Dash attack.. had Knuckles Man & Rose Woman self destruct.. but I guess if you spend the first 3 issues drinking.. tongue.png

On the positive side - cameos, a few surprises.. when Dr Light was giving his speech inside his chamber and Eggman was listening, I thought for sure he was listening to reason.. instead Eggman did what he did..

Overall a well balanced crossover, they spent around the same time explaining things and making references to each series.

Artwork was great too.

I hope they remember what happened, when the story resumed from the first reset (#230) Eggman remembered what had happened while Sonic could only remember bits and pieces but knew where he was when they returned..but the "Hi Sal" proves that it actually did happen .. so it's safe to assume this crossover did take place.. we'll see if the characters either acknowledge what had happened (and why not, they could do another crossover as long as the Mega Man series continues), have no recollection of the whole thing (boo) or worst case scenario none of the characters discuss it at all.

Anywho, looking forward to the next Sonic.. probably take a quick peek into the next Mega Man too.. I'm going to guess they all return right where they left off (Sonic closing in on Mecha Sally / Mega Man getting his ass handed to him)

The one thing that always bugged me about that Hi Sal part...

How the hell is she supposed to read that when he's thousands of feet up in the air in the Death Egg?

I wonder if Sonic will remember anything from the crossover. It's kinda sad that Mega Man and Sonic probably wont remember each other. Sonic never got the chance to tell Mega Man about the wisps sad.png

Sonic will likely remember only bits and pieces; he remembered the first Genesis Wave upon seeing the second, for example.

I think it's one of those things you don't really forget... you just can't actively recall it.

There was likely a point in your childhood where you tripped or otherwise got hurt. You probably can't recall it actively, but if someone explained it in enough detail it might click into place. I guess it's kind of like that, the events of a Genesis Wave. Your old memories and new memories mix and match, each trying to assert which is dominant in you at the given moment. Seems a Genesis wave basically turns you into two people.

It wasn't just Metal and Bass who were rounding up Sonic's friends, the Copy Robot was as well.

EDIT: My headcanon is that they sent Copy Robot to take down characters that would've been more hard to take down since all he needed to do was just shoot and they'd be sent to the roboticizer immediately. Hence why we had him not only handle each Chaotix member one-by-one, but as well as Silver and later revealed in Part 7, Shadow.

Blaze, Amy, and Knuckles are still up in the air as to who brought them down but it really doesn't matter in retrospect.

blaze said what happened to her in part 7. we were giving some hints about knuckles in part 12 as for amy...she gets captured when the plot demands it

as for amy...she gets captured when the plot demands it

With Sally being a robot and all, I guess it makes sense they need someone else to fill the damsel in distress role.

Personally I prefer Tails being the one who gets nabbed... avoids the possible shipping implications of a kidnapped Amy or Sally, while also illustrating their brotherly bond more. I did like how Tails got a prominent supporting role in the crossover.

From what I can tell from the interview Sonic Stadium did with Ian at SDCC 2013, is 1), That from he can say, the old countiy will still count, because why read over 250 issues to change that.  2), That there will be new heroes, new villains, new locations, new vehicles, just overall new stuff., 3), The redesigns was/is to bring the freedom fighters and other notable characters up to Sonic Standards, basically finally make them look like SONIC characters in a Sonic Book and getting them in line with the franchise.  4), As far as Scourge and Fiona go, you have to read the comics to find out their fate. 5), His goal is to do shorter arcs after Countdown that will have/give you more bang for your buck, but still lead to something bigger later on down the line.  He also acknowledges that  the fan's Main problem with The Mecha Sally Arc, was that even through some things were good, it was taking too long to get any point/payoff.  So after Countdown, he wants to change that possible with (my opinion) 2 to 4 issues an arc at most, that have a good payoff/point, but still at the same time lead to something bigger down the line, possibly with anniversary issue like 275 or 300.  

So despite how you feel about Ian Flynn, at least he has given us some idea as to what's to come and does acknowledge the Main Problem a LOT of fans had with Mecha Sally Arc, and no we're not talking about weaponization or her robotaztion before that.

So if you want to know more from the Horse's mouth himself, go to TheSonicStadium Youtube page and click on the Ian Flynn Interview.

Hope this helps that want to know what's going to happen after the crossover and 252. 

God Bless

I guess with the combined genius of Eggman/Wily I was expecting a little more than the "we're ahead of schedule, they'll be dealt with this time" scenario.. they could've modified the Robot Masters to be immune from Rocks Spin Dash attack.. had Knuckles Man & Rose Woman self destruct.. but I guess if you spend the first 3 issues drinking.. tongue.png

Artwork was great too.

As I said in some of my vids on my bwrosas Youtube channel, they should had Wily and Eggman, add the speical feature to the robotized masters of combining into one Giant Robotized master, (ex. Amy & Rouge as the legs, Shadow as the main body, Blaze and Silver as the arms and hands and knuckles as the head, and perhaps the chaotix combined together as a weapon for them), add in the self-destruct, and the fighting against many robot masters to try and save their friends before they self-destructed and have it go from MM#26-to SU#53 and end that portion of the story in STH#250.  Would have made things bigger is scale.

If my knowledge is right, Eggman and Wily both sometimes forget the minor details despite their genius.

So they'd probably end up like ADAM - they tell their minions to self-destruct, but do not specify when. While the case of Metal Sonic is easy since he has no desire other than to serve his master, it might not be so clear cut on a roboticised individual.