Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I mean heck, near the end of the Genesis arc, he said that Chaos Control was Shadow's thing. Presumably he feels that way about all Chaos powers...

Useful as a super form is, it in and of itself is also a Chaos ability. It makes sense for him to not want to use it either.

I think he's content to let Shadow be the one who cheaply pulls out incredible power at the drop of the hat; all Sonic needs is his feet if he wants to win.

Seeing as Chaos powers are in a way, a trick or an abilty that is not in itself, fully natural like his speed, Sonic likely would prefer to use his natural abilties over special powers any day from what we have seen. He uses gadgets and abilities normally only when he needs to or is forced to, otherwise, he is just doing what comes natural really. So this does make sense.

Seeing as Chaos powers are in a way, a trick or an abilty that is not in itself, fully natural like his speed, Sonic likely would prefer to use his natural abilties over special powers any day from what we have seen. He uses gadgets and abilities normally only when he needs to or is forced to, otherwise, he is just doing what comes natural really. So this does make sense.

It's a bit of a stretch to call Sonic's speed "fully natural" in the way your saying it.

Edited by tsz11

Well in the archieverse, they never have given an explination for why he has to speed, so I wouldn't think it would be hard to call it is a natural ability that has was born with. That's what I'm saying really. Not that all hedgehogs have a natural speed ability. Knuckles' chaos abilities were genetically altered into him, so that isn't a natural ability the way I see it.

it believe that Chaos powers are Sonic's equivalent of DC's Speed Force.

in the games Sonic needs rings to run fast.

Rings are linked to the Chaos Emeralds.

with enough energy Sonic turns Super and stuff, he can go at light speed with a trail or rings, these things.

Sonic is naturally fast, but the rings and chaos emeralds are the source of energy he needs to travel at ultra fast speeds, because Sonic quite doesn't subverts the laws of thermodynamics yet.

it believe that Chaos powers are Sonic's equivalent of DC's Speed Force.

Rings are linked to the Chaos Emeralds.

with enough energy Sonic turns Super and stuff, he can go at light speed with a trail or rings, these things.

Sonic is naturally fast, but the rings and chaos emeralds are the source of energy he needs to travel at ultra fast speeds, because Sonic quite doesn't subverts the laws of thermodynamics yet.

I see it as more like Sonic already is connected to the universes natural flow of chaos energy, and can already move at super speeds and subvert the laws of thermodynamics and stuff, but the ring energy he obtains or chaos energy he absorbs from the emeralds add on to that. 

You mean boost, right?

You know, there's a Generations power-up that works on completely the opposite to needing rings to run fast. 

I'm pretty sure Sonic Team's stated that normal Sonic's speed (i.e. so fast only Super Sonic outspeeds him) is a 100% natural part of him.

You know, there's a Generations power-up that works on completely the opposite to needing rings to run fast. 

Boost to win became "boost to not die."

I'm pretty sure Sonic Team's stated that normal Sonic's speed (i.e. so fast only Super Sonic outspeeds him) is a 100% natural part of him.

Well it would be logical. A character who's dependent on outside power sources quickly displays weakness.

On the other hand, a character who depends on nothing (Shadow in some interpretations, for example) will look overpowered.

Balance is key!

Sonic Super Digest #5 has a Sonic Jump adaptation. 

imagesssss_zpsecaa2b6d.jpg

Well, this is peculiar. What is there to adapt from that game beyond its excuse plot of "Eggman kidnapped some animals. Stop him."?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, this is peculiar. What is there to adapt from that game beyond its excuse plot of "Eggman kidnapped some animals. Stop him."?

well, its better than dash, but here is a thought, what if they go a labrynith route, and say that eggman sabatoged sonics shoes and then trapped him in a special dimension where most paths are vertical XD

If they could make a story for All-Stars and the Olympics of all games, this shouldn't be too hard. 

Neither 5 or 4 are out yet. This is just an initial solicit months in advance. 

SSD#4 is due out sometime this week, the pre-release preview was yesterday. 

Ah good to know. I just dont look at anything ahead of time, since I detest spoilers massively. That's why I was rather happy when new material came out on here, people immediately put the stuff into spoiler tags about any new issues.

So is Bean showing up anytime soon because that would be fucking awesome.

Hmmm.

I'm guessing you haven't read the newest issue of Sonic Universe where he is in the issue and even on the cover?

Edited by Jet Prower

Bean appears in Sonic Universe #55, which is...this month, I think?

edit: ninja'd D;

Edited by ElementofChaos

Bean appears in Sonic Universe #55, which is...this month, I think?

edit: ninja'd D;

Shouldn't new issue information be in spoiler tags? If not its fine, just seems like should be a bit considerate of others when it comes to new issue information ^^;

I've just been on a minor Wally Gator kick and why the fuck is Naugus being called that now?

I am as confused as Sonic regarding that minor point.

Also it looks like Naugus possessing Geoffrey is being disregarded.