Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So its the World's Collide continuity combined with the Genesis continuity combined with the original continuity, and its such a cluterfuck that the world is destroy itself....seems legit.

So the arc did get a reboot like I said a few pages back. Motherfuckers, that means investing in this ENTIRE king naugus arc has been a waste of time seeing as nothing is as we have left it and were in some kind of new fucked up fusion universe of both the games and the comics.

Nice, and to top it Sonic is the only 1 that remembers anything from the previous universe and the crossover. Where the flying fuck is Zonic when we need him...

So we're getting the game/comic fusion-reboot?

Awesome. Ready to see what happens over this arc.

Yeah great cool for you and the non-readers. meanwhile, I just feel like I could skipped this arc and saved myself some cash, this seriously feels like a waste of time to me. 

Yeah great cool for you and the non-readers. meanwhile, I just feel like I could skipped this arc and saved myself some cash, this seriously feels like a waste of time to me. 

Uhh... okay. Sorry for liking this news?

Seriously, it sucks that threw out most of an arc, but this looks like nothing but GREATGREATGREAT as a decision for the series from now on, to me. Depending on the upcoming comics, I may subscribe again.

• Thumbs Up 5

Dude, you've seen literally five pages and you're already condemning this? At least wait two or three more issues before you start complaining because we don't even know the extent of the changes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a feeling this isn't the last we've seen of Naugus. I mean he freaked out, but he'll probably be back soon.

I also get the impression the direction they're going here is Sonic will try to fix the universe (I mean, I'm guessing the Zone is really unstable after all those shenanigans), but may or may not succeed.

I noticed that Sonic called Mega Man "the kid", well jeez Sonic, id think you'd be a bit more personal with him consider all you been through >:/

Yes I know that mentioning Mega Man in a Sonic comic would confuse readers, but still.

Edited by Soniman

I can take a wild guess and be pretty sure I'm hitting the mark right.

Nothing is as we left it, the arc we spent time on was washed out and molded into god knows what because now the Genesis universe fused with the Comic universe.

I'll put it this way, you remember when Marty McFly fucked with the timestream and caused an alternate 1981 that basically turned his town into a living hell? its something like that. Eggman fucked with the timestream, sonic did his best to restore it like last time but now instead of reverting everything to like it was like in SG we got a fused universe where nothing is like it was and all the character personalitys, traits, and memories are either gone or fused with the genesis universe's alternate self.

I just feel like that after Genesis I could've skipped over this...everything and still been alright because thats what I feel they basically did.

Edited by goku262002

So the arc did get a reboot like I said a few pages back. Motherfuckers, that means investing in this ENTIRE king naugus arc has been a waste of time seeing as nothing is as we have left it and were in some kind of new fucked up fusion universe of both the games and the comics.

Nice, and to top it Sonic is the only 1 that remembers anything from the previous universe and the crossover. Where the flying fuck is Zonic when we need him...

um id say wait until the issue comes out before you make an assumption based on 5 pages. Also did anybody notice that a certain part of the tails doll was removed?

um id say wait until the issue comes out before you make an assumption based on 5 pages. Also did anybody notice that a certain part of the tails doll was removed?

I know what they are doing, its not that hard to see. theres no need for me to keep hoping that things are what they were pre-crossover, the comic got fused with another universe and rebooted simple as that.

Sorry if I feel alittle ripped off here. I spent money on an arc that was never going to get concluded or not going to get concluded the way it was thanks to fucking Penders and the legal troubles. even a half assed conclusion would've been ok with me so long as they came back to where we left off. now it just feels like were being drop-landed in the middle of another arc that vaguely resembles this one.

Edited by goku262002

I know what they are doing, its not that hard to see. theres no need for me to keep hoping that things are what they were pre-crossover, the comic got fused with another universe and rebooted simple as that.

Sorry if I feel alittle ripped off here. I spent money on an arc that was never going to get concluded or not going to get concluded the way it was thanks to fucking Penders and the legal troubles. even a half assed conclusion would've been ok with me so long as they left it were it was. now it just feels like were being drop-landed in the middle of another arc that vaguely resembles this one.

Except we've know this shit for MONTHS, beforehand. We knew changes were coming, so why are you acting like it just came right the hell out of now? Legal shit happens, I understand you're but stop acting like its the end of the world because of it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't know the EXTENT. I figured that we were going to go back but things were just going to be alittle off, like a character(s) suddleny vanishing or something. not a full blown fusion of another universe followed by a drop into a new but similar looking arc.

Don't tell me I don't have a right to be angry about this. its frustrating that I spent months reading this for nothing to get resolved. basically anything we read post-genesis wave #1 just became void or changed, hell maybe even some stuff before that, who knows what the extent is now.

Is Shard even still hurt or did that battle even happen to begin with? did Mighty and Ray even find their sister or was that wiped out? do the secret freedom fighters even still exist since that was a plot device of the old arc? thats an example of some of the questions that are going on in my head.

Edited by goku262002

With the Freedom Fighters getting a Sega-tized redesign, I definitely saw this extreme of a change coming.

Also.. how do you know nothing got resolved? Those things could still be going, but differently than before, for all we know.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well... this is interesting... I guess it's a little more of a reboot than anyone here would like, but judging by the opening splash page, most of the original universe exists in some form: We see Eggman defeating Sonic from #175, Super Sonic at the end of Genesis in #229, Sonic and Shadow teaming up presumably from Sonic Universe #2 (I don't see Metal Sonic troopers, so it seems like a safe bet), and then Wisps... for some reason. And, what's with Naugus all the sudden? He's no longer merged with St. John, supposedly lacks his powers, and NICOLE refers to him as "Wally?" Just what is going on here?

I guess it's not unreasonable to think that "other time and place" Flynn always used to avoid cluttering up the Archie continuity is now part of all this in some way, shape or form.

I can understand feeling a little ripped-off by these events, especially since everything post-Genesis is either completely gone or rearranged to the point that important plot points are swept under the rug. It's only six pages, and I want to give Archie and Flynn the benefit of the doubt it's not all been a complete waste, and I think Sonic having memories of another timeline, and Naugus having memories (though his ghosts seem to be missing) and perhaps Eggman will too. I also wonder if other universes/zones are feeling the effects of this (dammit, I want a follow-up to "Scourge:Lockdown"!).

Hopefully "Countdown to Chaos" isn't overhyped like "Endangered Species" was (though that arc's failings are due to the legal issues, so I can't fully blame Flynn for working with what he was given).

Edited by Zaysho

With the Freedom Fighters getting a Sega-tized redesign, I definitely saw this extreme of a change coming.

Also.. how do you know nothing got resolved? Those things could still be going, but differently than before, for all we know.

I saw the character physical changes as a after the fact thing. now I just believe they are just going to pop out of nowhere like nothing that was going on in the previous universe mattered. Like Rotor for example, I figured that sometime after this arc was finished that he was going to find a way to cure his back without the nanosuit and get himself back on the team now I just believe they are just going to re-introduce him out of nowhere and have nothing that ailed him in the previous universe non-existant.

I doubt it is, not with the way the context was set up. Sonic being respawned all the way back home, tails remembering nothing of the events at the north pole, no sign of the Team Fighters whatsoever, NICOLE somehow getting into Naugus's hands. already thats telling me that whatever was going on before isn't going on in this fused universe.

Well... this is interesting... I guess it's a little more of a reboot than anyone here would like, but judging by the opening splash page, most of the original universe exists in some form: We see Eggman defeating Sonic from #175, Super Sonic at the end of Genesis in #229, Sonic and Shadow teaming up presumably from Sonic Universe #2 (I don't see Metal Sonic troopers, so it seems like a safe bet), and then Wisps... for some reason.

Hmmm...ATAP....that didn't cross my mind. ATAP could be universe we fused with, after all ATAP is supposed to be more/less the game universe and the game universe or something close to it was supposed to be the one that was used in WC.

I think the 2 bottom panels are supposed to represent ATAP/the games' telling of SA2 and Colors. basically the ATAP/Games universe colliding with the comic universe.

Edited by goku262002

After what fact, though? The Penders thing? Because while getting rid of certain characters and rewriting some stuff makes some sense from that, they didn't have to redo the character designs. New designs also tend to mean new directions, and when it started to look like Sega, I expected it to be more like Sega, so with this plus Penders' shenanigans, I wasn't surprised by the reboot being this extreme after all.

After what fact, though? The Penders thing? Because while getting rid of certain characters and rewriting some stuff makes some sense from that, they didn't have to redo the character designs. New designs also tend to mean new directions, and when it started to look like Sega, I expected it to be more like Sega, so with this plus Penders' shenanigans, I wasn't surprised by the reboot being this extreme after all.

How do I word this...Like having the arc finished kind of after. I was expecting the changes come via resolution, Sally having a new get-up after the derobotizaion, rotor getting a new look after the conflict with naugus, Bunnie returning with a new look, etc. etc. . but now it just looks like that they are just going to come from the left side of the field with a new look but no explaination as to why.

Haven't you been one of the people that have been pro-full reboot? if so, it explains why your mindset would go to that. me on the other hand wasn't expect this much of an extreme right away.

I like where this is going, seeing what's changed, how things will be resolved, where they are going with all this. Its interesting enough that if what was going on previous doesn't get a end so to speak, that it wouldn't bother me that much.

Also its always nice to see Tails take on a more down to earth lead type role which seems to be explored a lot more in the comics than the games these days. Love the panels with him using his running full speed animation too. And then one with Sonic actually moving his arms in a proper sprinting like fashion, real nice touches. Great art :)

ChaoControl will problemly be getting the book any day now, (He get's the book before nearly anyone), so I may suggest holding off on acting like a psycho child till we see ALL of the comic beyond 5 preview pages.

ChaoControl will problemly be getting the book any day now, (He get's the book before nearly anyone), so I may suggest holding off on acting like a psycho child till we see ALL of the comic beyond 5 preview pages.

I need to see him posting spoilers or pics or spoiler-pics or SOMETHING soon! I NEED TO KNOW!!!!