Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Welp. The time has come hasn't it.

I'm quite mixed with what I see so far. On the one hand, there's great potential for this arc. If the Archieverse, Genesis world and SEGASonic dimesnion really are colliding to gether to form such an unholy trinity, the story could waver in between different universe flashbacks from time to time. That could be cool.

On the other hand, I was never really big on the idea of a semi - reboot to begin with. I knew it was gonna happen, I could see it coming, but I was not the most enthusiastic of people. There's bound to be some world rebuilding after this, and it really ticks me off that a lot of elements I enjoyed from this comic might never  be seen again. At least Ian said that some additional plot threads might be wrapped up further down the line.

I have more sentimental reasons why I have doubts as there are characters I really enjoyed in the stories, but that's enough of that. I can't go too deep into this without the full issue for context, so I'll jsut have to wait and see.

ChaoControl will problemly be getting the book any day now, (He get's the book before nearly anyone), so I may suggest holding off on acting like a psycho child till we see ALL of the comic beyond 5 preview pages.

Again, I'm allowed to be angry about this. I feel like I wasted my time, and I've got no reason to think that what I said is going to change otherwise because its not the same arc anymore so things that we started on with are not going to end the same way if it ever gets resolved at all.

Just wish I could tell my past self who started reading the King Naugus arc to just skip it...

Edited by goku262002

Just wish I could tell my past self who started reading the King Naugus arc to just skip it...

You didn't get any enjoyment out of it at all while it lasted? I'm very behind and I still liked what I had read. I "enjoyed" it.

A plot is more than its conclusion, you know. It's the whole journey there whatever that conclusion may or may not be. The lack of a conclusion that many would have wanted is disappointing, but if you enjoyed even one section of the arc (which was ridiculously long anyway) then it's hard for me to really believe that it was a complete waste of your time. If you were reading the arc and thinking "this is good stuff, I enjoy this" then you weren't wasting your time or money. You buy things and spend time on things you enjoy, even if you're not sure if that thing will ever end satisfactorily, which is an unfortunately common doubt in media.

I really understand your frustration, I'm a Shenmue fan, but to say you wasted your time and money when you most likely enjoyed what you did get out of the arc is a bit of an overreaction. Knowing Shenmue III was never going to happen didn't impede my enjoyment of the first two instalments in the least.

Relax and try to remember the parts of the arc you enjoyed most, and look back on it fondly while hoping that they can reach and maintain quality in new ways now.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 3

I like a plot when its coheriant and fluid, a Beginning-Middle-End type of senerino. To me, it just feels like they went Beginning-Middle-En*GENESIS WAVE CROSSOVER*-Middle. So close to the previous arc from concluding but decided to jump ship and throw us into the middle of a similar looking arc.

I did get some enjoyment out of what was the old arc, Shard was the best thing to come out of it but who knows if he still exists in this fused universe or even so exists the same way.

Goku, it's a bit half and half. They've thrown away a number of things, but they've kept others. Hardly the kind of reboot some people were wanting.

It's still a bit clusterfucky, but on the bright side they haven't thrown EVERYTHING in the fire like some people here wanted to do with the SatAM Characters. I'm still upset myself because I didn't get a proper conclusion with the Endangered Species arc, but at least there are things still around that we enjoy.

Take it as bittersweet, everyone here sacrificed half but gets to have the other half.

Hmm I wonder if Nicole was promised a "real" body via Nagus's magic in exchange for that ring? Can't wait to get my hands on this, preview is not enough!!

Also regarding the continuity, I doubt it will end up fixed anytime soon if at all. I mentioned it in the original debate over changes being made, but they are putting a guide to the "new universe" in an upcoming issue of the magazine, so not only did it cement in my mind that pretty big changes were going to be made, thus needing a guide to explain. But it also shows they are sticking with this for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Tenko

Wait. I just looked at the preview pages, and the only thing promised seemed to be Nicole making Naugus a super ring. Did it say somewhere else that he promised her anything, or is it just speculation?

Wait. I just looked at the preview pages, and the only thing promised seemed to be Nicole making Naugus a super ring. Did it say somewhere else that he promised her anything, or is it just speculation?

Speculation, taking a stab and guessing she's still good. Then seeing she's made a promise with a bad guy. Kinda lends itself to the interpretation he's either done something for her already or will do something for her. Otherwise why would she make a promise to restore his powers?

Speculation, taking a stab and guessing she's still good. Then seeing she's made a promise with a bad guy. Kinda lends itself to the interpretation he's either done something for her already or will do something for her. Otherwise why would she make a promise to restore his powers?

Geoff/Naugus did come to her looking for a solution to his.... ailment right before the crossover occurred. Perhaps Nicole being willing to help Naugus now, stems from her taking the bait and being willing to help him out back before the timelines altered.

Geoff/Naugus did come to her looking for a solution to his.... ailment right before the crossover occurred. Perhaps Nicole being willing to help Naugus now, stems from her taking the bait and being willing to help him out back before the timelines altered.

Good point, wasn't it Nagus inside Geoffry tho not Nagus himself? That Wally thing makes me remember that Wally Dithers character from Sonic the Comic. It won't be, just reminds me is all.

It should be pointed she was going to help Naugeoffrey in part one of this story. New continuity all you like there's still parallels, so my bet would be something like that- she was coerced of sorts, either by a moment of pity at him or by his status as king, to help him.

As for the Wally deal, here's some silly speculation from /co/. As it turns out, the Ixis elements were added by Penders, so we can expect to see that jettisonned. So what if Wally was chosen as a name since it sounds close to another magical Sonic character who we know is showing up, Wendy Witchkart? Wendy was mentioned as being able to do crystal magics, just like Naugus. And since there was never a good visual reference for her she can easily be designed to look like a rhinobsterbat like Naugus. Maybe we're replacing all Ixis with minecart-riding warlocks.

Uhh I'm not sure how to react within seeing the preview pages. I mean, it's great that they are going more in-line with the games since I'm a fairly new reader but at the same time it's confusing as to why Sonic only remembers anything from and before the crossover. I shouldn't worry much since it is Ian and he shouldn't disappoint. Heck, I'm sure they'll explain stuff but as of now, by just seeing these preview pages I'm a bit "meh" on all these changes. 

Edit: Looks like we have a sort of preview on Sonic Super Special #8. These pics were taken from Archie's Facebook page and Suzannah Rowntree's Twitter. Kinda sad seeing the cover isn't foil-enhanced like all the other Super Specials.

559148_10151794515709525_415662828_n.jpg

BSH7ae7CUAAHL0n.jpg

Edited by lefteri001

Poor Sonic I feel so sorry for him he looks so lost. It'll probably take him a little while to accept this new reality. Nagus really doesn't have a clue either when those images came into his head.

I knew we were getting a reboot of some sort yet people insisted there is no reboot.

Did Tails Doll turn into Perfect Chaos?

I thought it was the Biolizard when I first saw it.

Edited by Celestia Ludenberg

So Sonic remembers the old world, Naugus remembers it, I bet Eggman does. I also bet Ian will find a way to get at least the main charatcers to remember it to, if not Tails at least.

Still went with the obnoxious "big face that tells you nothing about what's in it besides the obligatory Sonic Jump part" but I'll still pick it up upon release.

Archie's prototype covers tend to always have Sonic looking bright cyan, not sure why.

Maybe he's in the middle of using Laser?

Archie's prototype covers tend to always have Sonic looking bright cyan, not sure why.

I found the problem lies with Diamond's solicits, where the artwork they put up on their site is strangely oversaturated and bright (in an eye-irritating sort of way--this isn't unique to Sonic, it seems all covers show up like this on Diamond's site). By the time the previews come out on other sites, the colors are usually correct.

Shame they just had Peppers redraw from an old piece of Sonic stock art and add in green eyes though.

Wally Witchcart, hahaha imagine if they had him married to Wendy and he's been on the run from her for like...forever. Would bring his nastiness level down to comic relief tho which would be bad.