Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Im guessing Sonic remembers due to the fact he did the Chaos Control. Blaze remembers probably cause she's not on the rewritten Mobius.

Ah, but Naugus remembers his "previous" life. So my guess is that Sonic, Naugus, Eggman and Blaze will remember they're previous lives, and I assume Tails will eventually. And I think Eggman, Blaze and Silver will remember WC as well as Sonic, and I think Tails will eventually.

Sonic was the focus of the change, so he remembers. Blaze remembers because the Sol Zone didn't change (popular fan theory right now is that she never even was Genesis'd- the white flash she mentions in the Crossover being Copy Bot capturing her), while Amy and Cream don't since they WERE Genesis'd, but then apparently pulled to Sol by the Emeralds. Eggman likely also remembers since he was on the epicenter of the change.

Picked up SU55 today, good stuff indeed! Probably the only time I've bought a variant covered issue before the regular one. Stoked to see Marine back in action (hate to say it, but I'm a fan), even more stoked to find out the characters didn't have to go through a cliche massive mind-wipe as per norm with a lot of crossovers. Leaves the door open for the 2 worlds to meet again.

Can't frigg'n wait to see what's happening on Mobius in 252

Just read Plunder Panic Part 1. Pretty solid issue.

Marine is annoying as heck though, (tongue.png ) and I was a little confused about the ending. Who is this Captain Metal person? I didn't read the crossover, so I may have missed out on Metal Sonic getting destroyed or something like that. Can someone please fill me in?

Marine is annoying as heck though, (tongue.png ) and I was a little confused about the ending. Who is this Captain Metal person? I didn't read the crossover, so I may have missed out on Metal Sonic getting destroyed or something like that. Can someone please fill me in?

its a link to an earlier Universe issue, he was a dimension hopping metal sonic tracking down all emeralds, shadow destroyed him, or so we thought

In the first Sonic Universe issue, Shadow and Metal Sonic warp to Blaze's dimension (linked with a Sonic the Hedgehog arc where Sonic was on Moebius/the Anti-Mobius), and Metal Sonic is destroyed... courtesy of Marine, no less.

No clue as to who's rebuilt him or even given him the pirate tone voice, though.

Edit: Flipping post notification just while sending.

Edited by t0ms0nic

I've never read a Sonic Archie comic in my life, but I've always been fond of the Light Mobius concept, which is basically Sonic characters 30 years in the future, right? I read up on it on the wiki, and it's quite interesting to see Sonic as a king and family man, and Tails as an adult.

I've never read a Sonic Archie comic in my life, but I've always been fond of the Light Mobius concept, which is basically Sonic characters 30 years in the future, right? I read up on it on the wiki, and it's quite interesting to see Sonic as a king and family man, and Tails as an adult.

You should read them! smile.png 

I just recently got into them and have to say that they are worth the time!

Well, that makes one of us.

Don't get too attached though, because this future is likely to never show up again now. 

When I read issue 55, I was expecting a lot of explosions,

fire and mishaps and that's exactly what I got, but it also had some unexpected bonuses too.  

First off there were plenty of characters I am delighted to see again.  

Blaze with her emotional temperament and Bean with his overly cartoonish nature.  

Yardely! really knows what he's doing when writing the characters, bringing in some hilarious

lines for Bean and some pretty emotional ones for Blaze as well. 

It was a good sight to see a good share of action in this as well, with the boat battle and

the hellfire of bombs.  

The robot pirates were a nice touch as well, with Captain Metal proving to be quite the villain,

but how has he been rebuilt after getting blown up in the first Universe arc? 

My suspicions lead to Eggman Nega, but you never know.  

On the matter of artwork I was as usual glad to see the befitting style of Yardely's!  

Along with Ben Bates, he does the best artwork for the comic, bringing plenty of

bright colours in a dark atmosphere.  

Of course I have a couple problems with it.  

Bark was only seen for about one panel and did absolutely nothing in this issue.  

So far it's a good start to the arc, so I'll rate it 8.8/10.  

Great opening from Yardely! just a lack of Bark was my main problem.          

Edited by QuantumEdge

...Yardley's the artist, not the writer.

Also, I know Bates had a go at her during Worlds Collide, but I keep getting this odd feeling like Yardley's somehow the only one allowed to draw Blaze in the main comics.

I like Yadley!'s SONIC art. In fact, she was the artist which introduced me, unbeknowst to myself, as I was 7, to the comic franchise, as I picked up Sonic X #23 on my way back home from living in Cyprus for about 4 years. However, I don't like his Mega Man art as it just feels too off-model. Also, I've no idea whether this person is male or famale. I've seen him called as a male in place but I'm pretty sure hers is a femine name. HELP ME!

It's always fun when genders are accidentally mixed up from my experience.

Now the challenge of avoiding opening the spoiler tags. My curiosity is killing me... I really need to head down to the comic shop to get the newer issues. If they have them. I never remember the dates of comic releases.

No, Yardley's doing double duty as artist AND writer for Pirate Plunder Panic.

You know it's been a real long time since I've seen a Yardley story... is he any good at them? I'm having trouble thinking of any others he's written. Probably because his art makes my eyeballs melt from the radioactive levels of awesome he's got going on.

He wrote Babylon Rising and that had some fun dialogue.

I'm going to preorder my first issue! laugh.png Soon my collection shall start! It's pretty convenient too, seeing as it's the first issue in the semi-reboot.

[quo

He wrote Babylon Rising and that had some fun dialogue.

Hmm, I remember that most for the badass image of Sonic opening the door behind himself and just casually falling out of it. If that's any indication I guess I'll like this story.

I'm going to preorder my first issue! laugh.png Soon my collection shall start! It's pretty convenient too, seeing as it's the first issue in the semi-reboot.

Don't forget the Archives as a cheap means to acquire the older issues... unless you're a hardcore collector, of course. The good news is you can ignore most of the issues between 60 and 160 if you're content to read a wiki for the sake of knowing the plot.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

It's always fun when genders are accidentally mixed up from my experience.

Now the challenge of avoiding opening the spoiler tags. My curiosity is killing me... I really need to head down to the comic shop to get the newer issues. If they have them. I never remember the dates of comic releases.

You know it's been a real long time since I've seen a Yardley story... is he any good at them? I'm having trouble thinking of any others he's written. Probably because his art makes my eyeballs melt from the radioactive levels of awesome he's got going on.

If I'm correct issue 252 is released on September 4, but subscribers get it several days before.

Edited by QuantumEdge

If I'm correct issue 252 is released on September 4, but subscribers get it several days before.

Ah, thanks for the clarification! My gas tank will certainly be happy at not having wasted a trip.

I really should consider subscribing to the comic books so I can get them sooner; it's always a bummer when my friends get them a week or so before me. I like helping out the local comic shop I guess.