Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I would subscribe, but DHC offers no subscriptions and the Archie subs are US and Canada exclusive. Still, preordering's good enough for me, especially seeing as I get 50p off. (Preordering is £2.25 whereas buying the comic when it's released is £2.75)

He wrote Babylon Rising and that had some fun dialogue.

I completely agree with you

anyways Paul Kaminski posted this preview of 252 on his twitter

BSS4_bTCEAAoVCs.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems Sonic and Eggman remember the crossover the most, likely due to having been near the actual nexus of it and such.

Personally I'm just stoked to see exactly what the post-crossover world looks like, with all the ripples it's surely caused. Now if only Sonic had multiple personalities as a result of remembering the game canon and comic canon simultaneously. Would be amusing. tongue.png

With regards to subscriptions, I feel the pain of European fans of Archie! I have a heck of a time getting my hands on Fleetway issues...

Wait you guys, wouldnt that mean he could possibly be in Blaze's dimension!! remember the synopsis?!

here are the previews to SU 55 spoiled due to size

SU_55-0.jpgSU_55-2.jpgSU_55-3.jpgSU_55-4.jpgSU_55-7.jpgSU_55-8.jpg

Im starting to see why people dont like Marine

Edited by Dejimon11

Good thing is Yardley got his groove back.

For whatever reasons, his Worlds Collide art looked way too blocky and kinda yucky, might be the fault of the inker too, but it didn't looked right.

Good thing is Yardley got his groove back.

For whatever reasons, his Worlds Collide art looked way too blocky and kinda yucky, might be the fault of the inker too, but it didn't looked right.

I blame Terry Austin's terrible, rigid inking, the strange, oversaturated colors, and Tracy having one heck of a time drawing a decent Mega Man.

Those four issues were a pain to look at, quite frankly, which is something that pains me to say about such a talented artist. Again, the whole is only as good as the sum of its parts.

I just got to issue 196. Very pleased with the comics so far. I think my only thing would be to see more game tie ins. Word on the street is that they are looking to do a reset for the comic or some sort of reboot with the characters?

Without giving away spoilers, is this true?

I gotta say, I'm really excited to see where the comic goes from here. A SEGASonic/ArchieSonic blend of canon is actually something I've always kind of had hopes for since Ian began writing. Everything he's done over the years, from condensing the emerald count to 7, to introducing various SEGASonic characters and locale has been subconsciously preparing me for a reboot like this for some time. Needless to say "New" Mobius has really grabbed my interest.

Also, does Marine seem considerably more "Aussie" this time around? I don't remember her lingo being quite so prominent in SU #1.

Edited by Speedmancer

I just got to issue 196. Very pleased with the comics so far. I think my only thing would be to see more game tie ins. Word on the street is that they are looking to do a reset for the comic or some sort of reboot with the characters?

Without giving away spoilers, is this true?

It's a little complicated, and I wouldn't call it a "reboot" per se, but more of a rearrangement. It's certainly not how things were before "Worlds Collide," but the previous continuity (supposedly) isn't completely swept away. I can't really comment much since I haven't read the issue yet, but I don't think it's a total reboot.

Welp, just placed my preorder for issue 252 and I'm totally stoked for this.

Here's where I got it, if anyone else in the UK wants to order. It's free shipping and the prices are good. (Used the search link for those wanting the variant. I myself bought the regular cover) http://www.disposableheroes.co.uk/index.php?searchStr=sonic+the+hedgehog+%23252&act=viewCat&Submit=Go

I was browsing Google Books to get the previews back up (i know there are previews released already. Don't judge me please) and it seems that the previews are gone. Reason being is that I saw a little of the sonic grams letter and I was wonder if anyone who has the issue via subscription knows the rest of it?

I have a subscription, but I haven't gotten the issue yet, so no I don't know.

Don't subs get it a week before everyone else? If so, you've still got 4 days. (Issue releases on the 4th of September. Hopefully I'll get mine then)

What if Captain Metal was rebuilt by Captain Whiskers?

Also, speaking of the Wily Egg, I think it's going to be in this Universe arc

SU-58_Normal.jpg

Yes, the Egg 'O War (feel like I've heard that in a game before) is actually the rebuilt Wily Egg. How Cap'n Metal got hold of it is a mystery.

I was wondering, is it possible to get a subscription for the comic in the UK? Or do I have to to a comic shop to ask for it, would love to have it mailed to me without having to worry about it!

I looked the other day and there appears to be no subscription available in the UK. However, click the link I posted earlier and you can preorder the comics (or buy them once they're out) at a good price with free shipping! I'm not sure how long the shipping takes, though. This is the first issue I've ordered, so I assume I'd get it on release or a day (or two) afterwards.

I just got to issue 196. Very pleased with the comics so far. I think my only thing would be to see more game tie ins.

The era of tie-ins is over, I'm sorry to say. We get 5-7 pages highlighting a game in an alternate dimension but that's generally it. I think it'll be a while before we get a tie in as grand as Sonic Adventure's was.

But who knows. Ian might surprise us and find some way to throw the games into the books... if he's willing to make Soleanna and Elise canon, I hope he'll do so for the better received games, and not just a nod.

Don't subs get it a week before everyone else? If so, you've still got 4 days. (Issue releases on the 4th of September. Hopefully I'll get mine then)

It really depends on location. As I recall some folks can get their issues nearly two weeks in advance. Pretty lucrative given the staggered two weeks between issues format we've got going.

Yes, the Egg 'O War (feel like I've heard that in a game before) is actually the rebuilt Wily Egg. How Cap'n Metal got hold of it is a mystery.

That's time/dimension travel leftovers for you. I guess it's akin to how Eggman's base got teleported to Earth in Sonic X, due to its proximity to the Chaos Control.

The era of tie-ins is over, I'm sorry to say. We get 5-7 pages highlighting a game in an alternate dimension but that's generally it. I think it'll be a while before we get a tie in as grand as Sonic Adventure's was.

But who knows. Ian might surprise us and find some way to throw the games into the books... if he's willing to make Soleanna and Elise canon, I hope he'll do so for the better received games, and not just a nod.

It really depends on location. As I recall some folks can get their issues nearly two weeks in advance. Pretty lucrative given the staggered two weeks between issues format we've got going.

That's time/dimension travel leftovers for you. I guess it's akin to how Eggman's base got teleported to Earth in Sonic X, due to its proximity to the Chaos Control.

technicly solenna DOES exist in the comics

SU#4

10.jpg

its either next to or in the United Federation territories, we just have never been there XD admittedly, primarily a nod, but it is there!

SU#4

10.jpg

its either next to or in the United Federation territories, we just have never been there XD admittedly, primarily a nod, but it is there!

Jet also said that the rouges went to a libary in solenna

• Thumbs Up 1

Well yes, that's what I was referring to. If Soleanna and Elise are both confirmed to exist within the continuity, I'd presume better received ideas such as the Wisps would find their way in somehow. Ian left us hanging with the Black Arms arc given SEGA refused to give permission to use them, so I'm hoping we can get at least something out of a space adventure.

The Genesis arc is a very loose adapation of Generations, given its timing and theme. So I'm hoping Lost World's elements will find their way in somehow.