Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

MEANWHILE THE EVENT WE'VE ALL WAITED FOR

subscribers getting the issue. Not CC14, though.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #252 QUICKGET 

I happened to check the mail when I went home for lunch (I normally don't bother), and as luck would have it I got my copy! I haven't done these in a while because it seemed no one found use in them, but I thought that since we're chomping at the bit I'd go over what was revealed in the rest of the issue. 

The first six pages start at >>215061. 

The big one: 

King Acorn is King Max, but not the one we know. This is Max!New, who looks far younger and almost seems a cross between Max!Old and Elias. And a kind old sport, not a douche. (Sonic even has a thought bubble about him not being a jerk.) In addition, he now has a full squirrel tail, just like Ray the Squirrel. Curly and everything. And a new crown. I'll have a picture tonight if no one posts one sooner (use spoiler image plz). 

The rest of the story: 

When Naugus leaves that's it, exit stage right, no return in the issue. 

Nanites are gone. Nada. Zip. 

Tails Doll is controlled by a Command Core (not the exact name, but I haven't the issue at work), which is apparently a common thing in this new world. It eats the surrounding landscape to heal itself until Sonic and Tails managed to pull it out. 

After Nicole is thrown outside in her little tricorder, the mechanics mess up a bit, breaking the speaker. Tails finds her but her hologram seems to indicate he should stay away; he doesn't notice this, though, and when he picks her up she shocks him and he remembers everything from WC and both timelines. This also "defragments" her and she spends the rest of the issue fairly incoherent (whether or not she also remembers everything now is unknown.) After they beat Tails Doll, Sonic starts to "remember" (for lack of a better world) the new timeline. 

There is a "New Flashback" quickly comparing Robotnik (looking more like modern Eggman) meeting King Max in the old timeline to Eggman from the Genesis games meeting King Max!New. 

Naugus had trapped King Acorn in a holding cell below Castle Acorn and managed to use some tech from a prior Eggman attack to make it extra secure. For whatever reason, Nicole was left with King Acorn, and apparently could still render a physical form but some power source died before Naugus took her and trapped King Acorn. 

Speaking of Eggman, he landed in southern Efrika in the remainder of the Machine X from Worlds Collide, along with Orbot and Cubot. All of them completely remember the WC events and the prior timelines, Eggman mentions Wily by name (well, "Al"). No mention is made on the new timeline, as I recall, and Eggman even starts pushing his busted Eggchair across the desert and hopes there's a nearby base... 

Anyway, the Freedom Fighters had gone on a mission to find Sally, and the last transmission back to Mobotropolis was a "heavily encoded" message from Rotor, a set of co-ordinates that Sonic and Tails are going to go after. As they're talking about who could remember changes, Nicole tries to offer some advice about finding the FF and Tails takes this to mean that if they find people close to Sonic, they might remember upon contact with him. Interestingly, King Max rests his hand on Sonic's shoulder but is still not aware of another timeline (and they don't tell him.) 

A final page shows us a heavily-shadowed Sally(!New, if it has to be said) hiding in the Death Egg as EGGSwats run around trying to find her.

.......This is nowhere near Eva levels of mind screw, but......what?

This is actually kinda funny. Now I wanna see them manage this...

.......This is nowhere near Eva levels of mind screw, but......what?

aw man, cant wait to read this, this ought to be interesting

Also, some corrections by another Anon.

He's replying to my query of whether Max still has a 'stache.

He does retain the mustache, but Anon got some details wrong. The Command Core isn't implied to be common, but it is implied that they've fought Tails Doll before. It's Tail Doll's red gem. Also the flashback really does look like Julian. And NICOLE is getting BETTER over time, supposedly finding the others will help NICOLE and Tails find out what's wrong and what needs to be fixed.

Does anyone know if individual parts of the crossover will become avadible soon, or will it only be the graphic novels?   

Ok, this thought just occured to me, does this mean that something happened to Max, to heal him, and reverse aging, but also resulted in elias not existing, or could it be perhaps this is in fact Max jr? well ought to be interesting to find out

I don't know what gave you that impression, considering that, immediately upon seeing Eggman and his bunch, Zavok literally threatened to kill them.

I'm just spitballing, but if Zavok and crew are already wandering the planet and didn't get released then they were obviously not any threat to Sonic and his world previously.

The Zeti are referred to as guardians, and to be a guardian one must guard something generally. Eggman is an outsider/intruder thus they don't want him getting his hands on whatever it is they guard at a guess. Hence the less than friendly welcome.

Now in the game we know Eggman and Sonic team up to beat them...why?..who knows, why they can't just leave them be without hostilities is yet to be shown. Especially considering the point before of if they were always around and awake why are they only a threat now? Because they got their hands on Eggmans bots perhaps? They have a way off the planet with Tails biplane?

I was just throwing it out there that if they weren't hostile before even tho they were awake (and cranky towards outsiders) why would they suddenly be now without good reason. Perhaps someone is messing with what they are guarding. Eggman at a guess since it always ends up being him. If Sonic removes the threat to their planet or whatever then I could see them going back to not caring about the outside world and leaving Sonic be. Or even helping to stop whatever happens end game if Sonic needed the help. I doubt they will be the final final boss when Eggmans around to double cross at a moments notice.

Dear god! I can't read these spoilers! I'm about a week away from getting the comic! I CAN'T GIVE IN!

Yeah, here's hoping that part with Sally isn't an asspull.

Unrelated to the subject Clevelands back in Quahog Seth Macfarlane posted on Twitter "RT @spartygirl: @SethMacFarlane since The Cleveland Show got cancelled does that mean the Browns are moving to Quahog? // Yup" can't wait

Here comes more spoilers.

Pics, this time.

sonic252spoiler1.jpg
sonic252spoiler2.jpg
sonic252spoiler3.jpg

actualy, other than the hair, I kinda like the new look, interesting to see that in this new timeline Julian looks like classic eggman

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Here comes more spoilers.

Pics, this time.

sonic252spoiler1.jpg

sonic252spoiler2.jpg

sonic252spoiler3.jpg

OMG why did I look!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Unrelated to the subject Clevelands back in Quahog Seth Macfarlane posted on Twitter "RT @spartygirl: @SethMacFarlane since The Cleveland Show got cancelled does that mean the Browns are moving to Quahog? // Yup" can't wait

If it's completely unrelated to the subject of the thread, then it's considered spam here. Please be aware of this when posting from now on and contribute to the discussion on the basis of it's what it's about.

• Thumbs Up 7

On another note, I kinda like Max's redesign, a couple things like the hair could have remained, but I am honestly excited to see what happens next

Edited by Nepenthe

I've never read Archie Sonic, so can anyone recommend me a good jumping on point? The Mega Man/Sonic crossover looks like a fun team up, will I be confused if I go right into reading it? I don't know much about Mega Man, but it looks really interesting.

Edited by Nepenthe

Oh man, SATAM Eggman is extremely dated and just not appealing anymore. Classic Eggman is timeless though.

I've never read Archie Sonic, so can anyone recommend me a good jumping on point? The Mega Man/Sonic crossover looks like a fun team up, will I be confused if I go right into reading it? I don't know much about Mega Man, but it looks really interesting.

Now's the best time to jump into the Archie Sonic bandwagon with the new arc/soft reset of the universe.

As for Worlds Collide, you shouldn't be confused on the Sonic side of things (basically post-Generations). Some Mega Man references might go over your head, but for the most part, it's presented well enough to be understood.

On the side, I also recommend picking up on the Mega Man comics.

I think if you wanna start go and get the Sonic Archives they have Volumes 0-21 out now they have the original Sonic Mini Series before it was ongoing then 1-21 has issues 1-82 so i think you should start there

Edited by Nepenthe

I would reccomend what Vizard said, but if you want to read older issues, around 160/161 Flynn started writing, and is considered the end of the dark age, but another decent place is the first genesis arc. Sonic Universe is new enough that starting from the beginning is easy without getting too disoriented, and are all great reads

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone one read the Sonic Genesis arc yet i absolutley loved it I loved the way they took Classic Eggman instead of New Eggman or SATAM Eggman

Just a suggestion but anyone should try to find the Sonic The Comic issues you can probably find them online

Has anyone one read the Sonic Genesis arc yet i absolutley loved it I loved the way they took Classic Eggman instead of New Eggman or SATAM Eggman

Just a suggestion but anyone should try to find the Sonic The Comic issues you can probably find them online

I heard that there terriffic