Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I agree with Vizard, the World Collide arc was the very first arc I had read all the way through in nearly 10 years and other then a few Megaman things going over my head at the time I was fine. I'm actually glad they did a soft reset, makes it far easier to start reading the series afterward. I wonder how the current Universe arc is going to tie into with the main Countdown to Chaos arc considering:

Amy and Cream are stuck in Blaze's world helping her fight Captain Metal and whatnot, while during this Tails among others are remembering the World's Collide event. Makes me wonder if Amy will remember it as well.

From what we got so far, some of my fears have been put to rest, mostly the one where only Sonic would remember everything

I heard that there terriffic

Why are you quoting and responding to your own post? wacko.png

Why are you quoting and responding to your own post? wacko.png

Because i forgot to add that rolleyes.giflaugh.pngangry.pnglaugh.pnghuh.pngblink.png

It doesn't make any sense because you guys are intentionally misreading everything in order to be angry. Fuck's sake, you're making me have to defend Penders. I'm at work so I'll have to write more complex later, but everything you're blaming on him was the fans. THE FANS want a Kickstarter. THE FANS approached him with the proposal of money. ALL PENDERS HAS DONE IS SAY "nice and all, but if you're serious about this you'll need to convince Archie. Here are my conditions- you're licensing MY characters, this is how I want them to be. Other than that, in the organizational sense of the thing, I wash my hands off."

I repeat, PENDERS HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG HERE. EVERYTHING WAS STARTED BY FANS REGARDING THIS KICKSTARTER IDEA. STOP BLAMING THE MAN FOR WHAT HE HASN'T DONE, HE'S GOT ENOUGH TO BLAME ON WHAT HE HAS.

EDIT: AND NO FOR FUCK'S SAKE HE'S NOT POLICING FANFICTION OR ANYTHING HE HASN'T EVEN SAID ANYTHING ABOUT FANFICTION

Y'know, to be honest, I was trying to be funny with the first point. It was a really BAD attempt at humor, but still, an attempt. No harm intended.

I know that those are his terms, I was just a little confused as to how the story would work with the characters if Archie decided to place them in, regarding canon.

And... well. I feel stupid. So the kickstarter was just a thing that some of his fans cooked up. My mistake, I'm sorry. 

EDIT: And how 'bout dem spoilas?! I can't wait to read the entire thing myself, but MAN is this looking to be good. It's nice to see that at least Eggy remembers a little more of Worlds Collide than Dr. Wily did.

And all of these frequent flashbacks between the timelines? Now that is what I call "Collision Chaos!"

...oh my gosh what have I done

Edited by Spinning Silver

Aww man, the bushy'ness works so much better with him. Eyebrows, mustache, hair...gunna miss it. The tail that properly represents his species is a good change tho.

Still can't help hearing "sweet transvestite" everytime I see King Max tho, damn Tim Curry voicing him in SatAM >.<

Edited by Tenko
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, here's hoping that part with Sally isn't an asspull.

Or she doesn't run into the dreaded "BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!" Wall Blasters again.

But seriously folks, out with that old fool Max, in with New Max for me. biggrin.png

Aww man, the bushy'ness works so much better with him. Eyebrows, mustache, hair...gunna miss it. The tail that properly represents his species is a good change tho.

Still can't help hearing "sweet transvestite" everytime I see King Max tho, damn Tim Curry voicing him in SatAM >.<

Or she doesn't run into the dreaded "BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!" Wall Blasters again.

But seriously folks, out with that old fool Max, in with New Max for me. biggrin.png

Honestly, I do like the new personality, and overall the new look isnt bad, even if I will miss the old eye-brows

Honestly, I do like the new personality, and overall the new look isnt bad, even if I will miss the old eye-brows

Oh yeah, totally. The new Max is more like SatAM Max than the previous comic one. Who's idea was it to turn a kind hearted king everyone loved into a royal douchbag after he was rescued from the void anyway?

Oh yeah, totally. The new Max is more like SatAM Max than the previous comic one. Who's idea was it to turn a kind hearted king everyone loved into a royal douchbag after he was rescued from the void anyway?

Penders most likely. honestly I thought he was good in his one or two appearances in sATAM. and way I ssee it is that essentialy in this time he never had detteriation, though the full explanation ought to be interesting

Out of curiosity, who created Monkey Khan and Mina Mongoose, was it Penders, Boller or someone else.

I know a certain artist who would be a little sad to see Mina go, so I'm kinda curious.

Out of curiosity, who created Monkey Khan and Mina Mongoose, was it Penders, Boller or someone else.   I know a certain artist who would be a little sad to see Mina go, so I'm kinda curious.
Bollers created Mina Frank Storm wrote and drew the issue Khan debuted in

Bollers created Mina Frank Storm wrote and drew the issue Khan debuted in

Honestly, I think both characters are decent, not great but decent, and are nice additional characters that we get to keep luckily

Told you guys about this, the arcs were thrown out and there making characters come out of nowhere with their new looks.

I've never read Archie Sonic, so can anyone recommend me a good jumping on point? The Mega Man/Sonic crossover looks like a fun team up, will I be confused if I go right into reading it? I don't know much about Mega Man, but it looks really interesting.

Start at the crossover. because I can't reccommend anything from the past issues considering the entirity of the King Naugus and Mecha Sally arcs were thrown out and the past universe is gone so anything unresolved is gone for now.

The crossover is set after Generations, yes. But that reality is separate from Genesis, which is separate from ATAP, which is separate from this new reality.

Well we really don't know if the Genesis universe the crossover was based in was ATAP or not, but we do know that some events from that universe that were game related were carried over and mashed into the comic universe.

OMG. The earlier Eggman finally looks handsome and like a Robotnik. It took them how long to do this?

Though I know someone who will be sad to hear about the glossing over of the SatAM design, but that point is moot.

Also edit from the Halloween issue:

New Lost World CGI concept art of Eggman!

LostWorldEggmanthumbnail.jpg

Ooooh. He's pulling on his moustache like Waluigi. Me likey.

Edited by Scheming Minor

Must...not...click...spoiler tags...

I'm really looking forward to seeing how everything plays out, what with Sonic, Naugus and Eggman being the only ones to remember the old universe and Worlds Collide arc thus far (even if Naugus' memory is still unclear). Also, I think Naugus will retain his name because:

a ) Sonic referred to him as Naugus (as did Tails, I think)

b ) Nicole called him Wally, but Naugus got pretty touchy

c ) Wally is a stupid name to give to someone like that

Edited by InfinityAlex

She was just demonstrating that she was fearless by calling him by his real name as opposed to his self-imposed name.

Since when did he have a real name? He's always been Naugus. This guy is made up of three other wizards. Pret---ty sure he has never been called Wally.

Well, it was a joke in the comic, that's since when. There's a bit in comedy where you'd make a character feel lowly and terrible by calling them by their real name, resulting in embarrassment.

The whole thing seems like an ass-pull to me.

"The comic is too confusing so we're gonna clear that up by......making it more confusing by making some people remember the old world but some not remember it and leave people guessing who still does then change characters names or fuse some characters together and change designs on characters that don't need them (seriously Sally looks horrible) and leave some other characters in a different dimension and drop plots that never concluded altogether."

Really that is how they're going about making this comic more "accessable" to newer readers? Seems horrible, plus will offput longstanding fans of the comic too. Been pretty disappointed with the way this comics been going since WC started.

Well, it was a joke in the comic, that's since when. There's a bit in comedy where you'd make a character feel lowly and terrible by calling them by their real name, resulting in embarrassment.

...except that Wally isn't and has never been Naugus's real name?

I don't think you're understanding the joke concept. It's commonly played in cartoons to openly mock or to cause the bad guy to lose their temper.

and actualy we dont know that, assume everything we have learned about Nagus since well the beginning of the comic has been wiped clean or rewritten, and we are back to around SATAM knowledge levels

I don't think you're understanding the joke concept. It's commonly played in cartoons to openly mock or to cause the bad guy to lose their temper.

Except that in order for the joke to work, Wally would need to be Naugus's real name, which it isn't.

It's like if, say, Spider Man mocked the Green Goblin by calling him by his real name and saying "Johnny" instead of "Normy". It doesn't make sense and the joke fails.

Unless Nicole meant to call him a wally and we're putting capitals where there are none.

Edited by Spin Attaxx