Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Because dude, your not allowed to be doing that! not at DeviantART or anywhere else, it pisses people off.

You want image hosting? use these and stop hotlinking:

http://imageshack.us/

http://imgur.com/

http://photobucket.com/

What, in particular, pisses people off about using DA as a host? What is pissing me off is how it's somehow pissing you off when I'm the one who should be pissed off because it's my art in the first place.

I don't like using those image collection sites because that's basically asking for people to copy-paste-steal your work. It's why I use it just to make sigs and avatars. DA at least has some measures to prevent that or at least identify the work (However flimsy that is).

Sorry for de-railing the topic like this, I'm just frustrated by lack of flexibility in image hosting here. Luckily, I learned more of the details of this editor from reading the FAQS, so maybe I can bypass this with no problem.

Wordpress, you really have spoiled me rotten.

Edited by FalconKick

Dude if you want to use your work outside DevART do what every other artist does and watermark the shit out of it. but at some point your gonna have to accept the fact that your work will be taken and used for some shitty fancharacter.

I'm pissed off because when people use deviantART for their meme images or fuckwhatever it makes it harder for real artists who want to showcase their work, as is they can't even hotlink they have to use the fav.me share urls to showcase it or use the embed code. god knows how much harder they will make it if people continue to do that shit.

Dude if you want to use your work outside DevART do what every other artist does and watermark the shit out of it. but at some point your gonna have to accept the fact that your work will be taken and used for some shitty fancharacter.

I'm pissed off because when people use deviantART for their meme images or fuckwhatever it makes it harder for real artists who want to showcase their work, as is they can't even hotlink they have to use the fav.me share urls to showcase it or use the embed code. god knows how much harder they will make it if people continue to do that shit.

I put my signature in all of my stuff, but you know: Them kids and their Photoshop.

I thought the whole point of the embeds was to secure people's art work by creating a link to the deviantart of the user, ensuring that the viewer was going to see the artist gallery. Unfortunately, this shit don't work here.

I also just realize that the bypass method i was going to use isn't going to provide any more security than using those other sites, since it's already a bypass of the "NO-DOWNLOAD" feature on DA. So it's an oxymoron. 

Listen, hit me up with the PM or such so we can continue this discussion elsewhere.

NOW....LET'S TALK ABOUT CHIPMUNKS IN HOT PANTS!!

Isn't that a little off----Oh...I thought she's a ground squirrel...?

In the current Archie continuity, she's a Chipmunk. It's varied a lot in the past though.

Chipmunks ARE Ground Squirrels. Chipmunks are a type of Ground Squirrel, they just tend to be a bit smaller than average ground squirrels.

Eh, I actually like having game Robotnik in the comic. I've always preferred his look to SatAM Robotnik's anyway.

• Thumbs Up 5

What, in particular, pisses people off about using DA as a host? What is pissing me off is how it's somehow pissing you off when I'm the one who should be pissed off because it's my art in the first place.

I don't like using those image collection sites because that's basically asking for people to copy-paste-steal your work. It's why I use it just to make sigs and avatars. DA at least has some measures to prevent that or at least identify the work (However flimsy that is).

Sorry for de-railing the topic like this, I'm just frustrated by lack of flexibility in image hosting here. Luckily, I learned more of the details of this editor from reading the FAQS, so maybe I can bypass this with no problem.

Wordpress, you really have spoiled me rotten.

People like you on Deviantart piss me and other artists off, but that's for another time. Deviantart isn't a bloody image hosting website and you shouldn't treat it like utter crap.

To be on topic, I'm alright with this change since it means the various annoyances have been taken away, such as the fact Knuckles has always gone on about how he's the last of his kind and yet in the comics there was thousands of the buggers. It gives the comic a fresh start when it seemed to be struggling a little with various characters being forced under copyright.

Eh, I actually like having game Robotnik in the comic. I've always preferred his look to SatAM Robotnik's anyway.

I agree. And...well to be honest, game "Classic" Eggman looks more trustworthy than red-eyed, obviously evil Julian Kintobor. So, from my point of view, King Max and all the others don't actually look like idiots trusting a guy like SatAm Robotnik. But that's probably just me.

Knuckles has always gone on about how he's the last of his kind

Really? I don't remember that happening at any point.

Well, just read 252, and it was GREAT, cant wait to find out what happens next, though it does have me curious about wheter or not some non-satam, and non-Sega excillery characters will return. I mean, Shard is extremely likely, and outside that I dont have many I care too much about, though I am vaguely curious if they will decide to have say Monkey Khan or even say Mina Mongoose show up again

Of course I figure Mighty, Nack, and Ray are safe as forgotten characters, just going to be curious about how they will be reintroduced

tumblr_ms7wznXDLH1qlj42ao1_500.jpg

I'm loving the cover for Sonic Select #9.

Edited by Son1ctrainer
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well, just read 252, and it was GREAT, cant wait to find out what happens next, though it does have me curious about wheter or not some non-satam, and non-Sega excillery characters will return. I mean, Shard is extremely likely, and outside that I dont have many I care too much about, though I am vaguely curious if they will decide to have say Monkey Khan or even say Mina Mongoose show up again Of course I figure Mighty, Nack, and Ray are safe as forgotten characters, just going to be curious about how they will be reintroduced
I think the only characters we need to worry about are most of the Penders cast and probably the parents

I think the only characters we need to worry about are most of the Penders cast and probably the parents

And it still a shame we have to worry about things like that, but you are right they penders characters and parents are the main ones to worry about. It bugs me alot, but I have to see where this goes before any further judgement.

tumblr_ms7wznXDLH1qlj42ao1_500.jpg

I'm loving the cover for Sonic Select #9.

Okay its official, I'm Team Dark Xbone. Suck it Team PSonicfagz!!

(Spaz your a brilliant man, If SEGA does anything to fuck that up I sware I'm gonna choke a bitch.)

Edited by goku262002

A game on PS3 and XBox 360 that features team Sonic and team Dark, which also needs a game guide for many parts in it and leaves some players angry and frustrated?

...Erm.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

Was that last part really nessesary? That was ment for goku btw

Edited by Dejimon11
  • Thumbs Up 1

Was that last part really nessesary? That was ment for goku btw

Yes, because on top of thier storyline meddling they tend to force archie to make "revisions" to their covers.

Prime example: The SSS cover, before meddling:

APRIL-SSS7.jpg

After meddling:

SSS_7-0.jpg

That was only meddled with because they felt it was too crowded to draw reader's attention. And the only reason SS#7 and SL#5 were meddled with was because of having Geoffrey on the front. Similar for StH#244 and 245, except with Julie-Su and Lien-Da instead.

The cover for SS#9 has none of those snags.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah hate to break it to you that was not SEGA's fault that was an Archie decision. It's not the first time they change the cover to something they done it with their own stuff as well. Not to mention that cover is in the back of the book

Edited by Dejimon11
  • Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I would say the first cover is much better than the second one to be honest. The second one is way too plain and doesnt seem as festive as the first one. Seems like a downgrade to me. I know it may have been archie's choice, but still, it looks like a massive downgrade to me.

While I'll partially agree the final cover isn't anything spectacular, I can't really say that I prefer the original either. It seems less about celebrating a milestone and more of a 'surplus of characters I should know or care about when I don't' that #125's cover already got away with.

To be fair, the target of the magazine is more likely to recognise every one of those than over half the characters on the cover of #125. Heck, even I have trouble recognising some of the characters on #125, and I've been researching this shit for a decade now!