Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Hmm...odd. I thought the only shit SEGA didn't care about in terms of the classics is anything Izuka didn't have a hand on or anything post Sonic 3. Seeing as there are no Hyper forms, it doesn't surprise me that they the other robotic Sonic and only focus on the famous one.

For more examples of this bullshit, see your Avatar for details.....non-canon my ass, Charmy kicked ass against a giant Metal Sonic and I'm sticking to it.

You do realize that still happened whether Knuckles' Chaotix is canon or not, right?

You do realize that still happened whether Knuckles' Chaotix is canon or not, right?

But when the former happened, it was just a bee and his overly irritated chameleon/crocodile/echidna/armadillo/junk pile friend...and it was epic. The latter wasn't as cool because The Chaotix had to be part of some distraction coalition with the other teams (not as epic).

Wasn't there a Silver Sonic/Mecha Sonic in one of the Gamegear titles before he eventually started looking like Metal. So that's technically three Silver Sonic's in the games if you count the Adventure cameo. Adventure had Metal, Mecha and Silver tho in capsules didnt it?

Isn't it that Mecha Sonic = Every single Sonic robot not named Metal Sonic?

So the Game Gear and Adventure Mecha Sonics would be the same guy that was in Sonic 2/3&K.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmm...odd. I thought the only shit SEGA didn't care about in terms of the classics is anything Izuka didn't have a hand on or anything post Sonic 3. Seeing as there are no Hyper forms, it doesn't surprise me that they ignored the other robotic Sonic and only focus on the famous one.

For more examples of this bullshit, see your Avatar for details.....non-canon my ass, Charmy kicked ass against a giant Metal Sonic and I'm sticking to it.

Nope, they don't really give a shit about much of the main classics either. They'll rip assets from them left, right and centre (including the Badniks), and re-release them multiple times (for Sonic 1 and Sonic 2), but the only direct references made to them are that they happened in some form, and they don't do the research to get the old story straight (case in point; Sonic 4 saying that the stories of Sonic and Knuckles in S3&K happened at the same time when in the actual games that's an impossibility).

Edit: Okay, this is obviously barring Generations where they went back in time and stuff. 

And don't even get me started on the treatment of S3&K. The other classics bar Sonic 1, 2 and CD may have not happened at all, but this is easily the game that Sonic Team just...neglect. 

Also Team Chaotix kicking ass is way cooler than a little bunch of animals that happened to be in the same place being used as a hammer throwing tool for Knuckles.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Double post.

tumblr_mt45ufUqF31rnuk43o1_500.jpg

Sonic The Hedgehog #256 Regular Cover Comic Book is an Urban Collector pre-order. It’s the dramatic conclusion to the epic ‘Countdown to Chaos’ saga! In Part Four, it’s a race against time as the countdown reaches its thrilling end! Metal Sonic is out to kill Sally and the Death Egg II has launched-things are not going well for our true blue hero! Can he and Tails get to the Aquatic Ruins Zone in time to save the day? And what horrifying discovery awaits Dr. Eggman? You definitely won’t want to miss this earth-shattering climax of the storyline that shook the Sonic comic books to the core! Featuring the final adjoining cover in the series from artist Ben Bates, and a special ‘end of the world’ variant cover from Tracy Yardley!

tumblr_mt45xp9Cpi1rnuk43o1_500.jpg

Sonic Universe #59 Regular Cover Comic Book is an Urban Collector pre-order. Brand New Story Arc! Jump aboard the action as we begin the ‘Shadow Fall’ saga! Team Dark is sent into the deep, dark depths of space to stop the approach of the Black Comet! It hasn’t even been fifty years! The Black Comet is home to an evil, violent race of aliens known as The Black Arms, but the Black Arms were defeated months ago - so who are these new alien invaders inhabiting the comet sent to consume the earth? And what sinister new villain awaits Shadow in its depths? You cannot miss this gritty, alien-blasting new storyline with art from Jamal Peppers, and cover art from Tracy Yardley! Plus a killer Shadow variant cover from T. Rex!

Sally, don't point! It's rude!

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

So wait, are they saying that the Black Arms came to Earth and got their arses handed to them offscreen?

So wait, are they saying that the Black Arms came to Earth and got their arses handed to them offscreen?

So Sonic Colors and Shadow the Hedgehog happened. You know... I actually had a feeling that instead of an endless war between the Black Arms and Xorda, Shadow had already defeated them instead...

So at this point, we could say the that at least: Sonic 1-3k/4, Possibly Tails Adventure and maybe Sky Patrol, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, possibly Sonic Advance 1-2-Battle-3, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06/Sonic Rush-Rush Adventure/Sonic Rivals 1-2, Storybook series, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors Wii AND DS, and maybe somehow Sonic Generations happened in this new world somehow alongside certain events in the comics (at least ones important enough and weren't written by Penders).

Edited by Sparky

Suddenly, this subtle reboot is starting to look fun!  Bates has just done an ultra awesome job with the covers and the Shadow the Hedgehog comic adaption is just the ticket for me.  I may not have like the game, but the story sure was strong.  There's no way I'm dropping this comic now.

Suddenly, this subtle reboot is starting to look fun!  Bates has just done an ultra awesome job with the covers and the Shadow the Hedgehog comic adaption is just the ticket for me.  I may not have like the game, but the story sure was strong.  There's no way I'm dropping this comic now.

It's not an adaptation. It's a sequel. It's SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG II: SHADOW FALL.

• Thumbs Up 1

[...] and they don't do the research to get the old story straight (case in point; Sonic 4 saying that the stories of Sonic and Knuckles in S3&K happened at the same time when in the actual games that's an impossibility).

I don't think a short plot synopsis that's never alluded to in the games but was only written on a small part of an English-language promotional website by what was almost certainly a minor Sega of America staffer grants us a great deal of insight into Sonic Team's opinions.  I think you're right about how much they care about continuity, but nobody who matters will have even seen that synopsis, let alone cared.  I really wouldn't use it as a reflection on the direction of the series.

Not sure if this has been discussed or not but I'm not sure what to think of Sally's Design. The clothes are fine, it's the red stripe that bugs me. It goes down from the back of her head, ears, and to her tail? I think it clashes too much with her hair. Which is also very red it seems. It just looks kind of off.

The only thing that bugs me about Sally's design is her eyes. They are TOO big and it throws everything off. If they made them like Bunnie's eyes it wouldn't be too much of a bad design. But as of right now they are too big in my opinion. :C

Not sure if this has been discussed or not but I'm not sure what to think of Sally's Design. The clothes are fine, it's the red stripe that bugs me. It goes down from the back of her head, ears, and to her tail? I think it clashes too much with her hair. Which is also very red it seems. It just looks kind of off.

Which is odd, seeing as I'm pretty sure the hair is now part of the stripe itself thus they're one continuous thing.

It's part of the hair itself, the idea is mixing the fact chipmunks have striped backs with the fact Sonic characters don't wear wigs, and make her hair just grown fur coming out of the stripes.

So I guess SEGA lifted the mandate on the whole SHTH thing, too bad its too late now and the old universe will never see its resoluton, but its cool reguardless were touching on game adaptions again.

Can we have Eggman Nega now SEGA?

Loving the sound of these solits. I'm thinking that this reboot is going to be one of the best things to happen to the comic in a long, long time.

It's part of the hair itself, the idea is mixing the fact chipmunks have striped backs with the fact Sonic characters don't wear wigs, and make her hair just grown fur coming out of the stripes.

That's right, I didn't look at it like that. Of course the red stripe would be part of her hair as well, considering they're covered in fur. I guess it's just an odd design choice to me then.

Holy ...

NOW my own concerns with Sal's redesigned face are gone. Her eyes look more like the original look, but slightly Blaze - ish. I love it. And hot damn are these solicits juicy. I really can't wait to see how all of this turns out.

Amy and Cream are back from the Pirate Plunder Arc too... should have seen it coming. I'd have figured they'd show up in #257 instead, but sweet. Good to see them back.

My only downside is the fact that I have to see Aquatic Ruin Zone. I've grown to hate that zone over time, but that's for a different topic.

And... is that... a Black Arm? The Black Arms are in a Sonic comic?!? A PLOT LINE from SHADOW, something I've been looking forward to seeing ever since being mentioned in #171, being explored all while Team Dark travels through SPACE?!?!?!?!?

Yes_gif_by_kimminjung-d4avb4j.gif

Now all I need is some more money to subscribe to Sonic Universe too...

That's right, I didn't look at it like that. Of course the red stripe would be part of her hair as well, considering they're covered in fur. I guess it's just an odd design choice to me then.

Think of it like Vanilla's tuft of hair in her forehead, since it's most likely what Jampole\Bates modelled it after.