Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Really hyped for these stories. Countdown to Chaos is definitely looking quite epic and so far PPP has been a blast. Sill haven't read At All Costs Part 2 but I hope to receive that issue soon. From what I hear many things are out of whack.

Couldn't we have kept the comic covers in spoiler tags? I didn't look at them all, but I definately had it spoiled that there was a Shadow arc coming. That's why I dont look at the comic covers ahead of time, because they tell you what is coming, which I see as a spoiler of whats to come.

I love the Archie series, as it's written so much better than the actual games and still retain characters that Sonic Team have phased out of recent titles.

Edited by TwiceStyle

I love the Archie series, as it's written so much better than the actual games and still retain characters that Sonic Team have phased out of recent titles.

Too right!  It's even better since Ian came aboard and brought back so many forgotten Sonic game characters smile.png

Eh, I'm quite the opposite. I dropped the comic after Genesis out of sheer boredom and only pay attention to new releases or solicits to see if my interest would spark again. It worked for the crossover, but not here unfortunately.

If anyone here still likes it, cool for you, but I grew disenchanted with it a long time ago and still waiting for something to really get me to care again. But some will point out, "But about the change in continuity? The new designs? That sould be interesting!" Well, I agree it is, but nothing really of my personal interest. Some chose to sit out the crossover because they didn't care and that was their choice. That's kind of me right now with this whole comic drama. I don't mean to sound like I hate the comic or the direction it's taking, just fairly neutral.

Edited by DarkLight

Agreed. Seeing all of these characters show up every once in a while brings a smile to my face. Though this just gives me a pipe dream of if the writers of the Storybook Series could meet Ian, have a good meal, and write up a good arc or game story just for the fun of it. Oh it would be glorious...

• Thumbs Up 1

The Black Arms?

Yeah, wasn't exactly looking forward to seeing them...like at all. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here and see what they can do with them.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I've been waiting for the comic to finally do something with the Black Arms! Should be quite interesting. biggrin.png

Edited by CC14 Blast Mode

Gotta love thay Shadow story. Though, on Bumbleking, Ian has said someone else is leading the Black Arms. Who could it be? I know its far fetched but my guess at the moment is Mephiles. Also, will Shadow possibly remember the other timeline? In Ian's 25 years later, King Shadow remembered the timeline being rewritten due to his Chaos Control mastery.

Concerning the solicits: these fell under the rare occurrence where things weren't 100% nailed down before the solicits were sent in. Diamond Distributors wants the solicits way in advance. So somewhere along the way, I guess some signals got crossed.

So just a few clarifying points:
- no Aquatic Ruin Zone (the rest is on target)
- "Shadow the Hedgehog" has happened. A lot has already happened.
- The Last Story is the single most solidly canon aspect of the game, and that's what I'm working off of. I would very much like to go back and tell the comic's version of the game. There's a lot I want to get back to.
- No Black Doom
- Yes, Black Arms
- Yes, it's a Black Comet

As for the rest, I leave it to your wild speculation.

Important supplementary comments.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'll bet it's a comic-original character leading the BA and not Mephiles. What connection do the two have with each other beyond "enemies of Shadow"?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I'll bet it's a comic-original character leading the BA and not Mephiles. What connection do the two have with each other beyond "enemies of Shadow"?
True, he has no connection apart from Shadow baddies. I just remember Ian mentioning bringing Mephiles in eventually, this just seemed conveniant. Also, I can imagine them together for some reason.

The new FFs look totally boss now.  I'm interested by the whole Black Arms thing.  I suppose this new canon opens up doors to do things that were tricky before.

I hope the SU epilogue didn't get dropped though.  I was really looking forward to that.

The new FFs look totally boss now.  I'm interested by the whole Black Arms thing.  I suppose this new canon opens up doors to do things that were tricky before.

I hope the SU epilogue didn't get dropped though.  I was really looking forward to that.

I'm sure it will show up later. Now's probably not the best time to do it considering all the crazy shenanigans, but maybe when things have settled down in the story a bit.

Well probably get it one day. Remember the encyclopedia was meant to come out in 2010

Edited by Dejimon11

Since I'd been doing this on 4chan for weeks now, the sorta-finalised cover. Now to just update the compilation of the new designs.

These covers were already rockin' by themselves. But this...

This is a masterpiece. Seriously, I want this up on my wall.

• Thumbs Up 2

The difference between the Sonic Underground epilogue and the Encyclopaedia is that the latter didn't have to put up with reality itself changing in its hiatus. I'm sure if it had been any longer before it came out (since it came out not too long before the whole behind the scenes thing got super-heated instead of just affecting the characters in the arcs as had been the case since January), it would have to have been canned. 

The difference between the Sonic Underground epilogue and the Encyclopaedia is that the latter didn't have to put up with reality itself changing in its hiatus. I'm sure if it had been any longer before it came out (since it came out not too long before the whole behind the scenes thing got super-heated instead of just affecting the characters in the arcs as had been the case since January), it would have to have been canned. 

Yeah. It's a good thing that the Encyclopedia was able to come out when it did. I mean, the Who's Who was already delayed when apparently Sega saw what the concept was and liked it, giving the team extra details to work with and stuff. If it was canned after all that hard work, that would have been a shame.

I don't think they gave Archie extra details in the delay. Remember that the Who's Who was going to take entire volumes before SEGA got involved. It was likely delayed to cut a lot of stuff out and edit what was left together.