Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Not sure if this has been discussed or not but I'm not sure what to think of Sally's Design. The clothes are fine, it's the red stripe that bugs me. It goes down from the back of her head, ears, and to her tail? I think it clashes too much with her hair. Which is also very red it seems. It just looks kind of off.

probably shading or over color, when one uses the same color to shade or etc.. and doesn't realize it, a color mistake. like in animation.

Edited by bwrosas

I really need to try drawing out the new Freedom Fighter designs sometime...

Ditto. I've already drawn Sally's new look. but that was a while ago.

I don't think they gave Archie extra details in the delay. Remember that the Who's Who was going to take entire volumes before SEGA got involved. It was likely delayed to cut a lot of stuff out and edit what was left together. 

Ah, that makes more sense. Still, I would love for the comic to do this sort of thing again sometime in the future, with updated information and junk.

The difference between the Sonic Underground epilogue and the Encyclopaedia is that the latter didn't have to put up with reality itself changing in its hiatus. I'm sure if it had been any longer before it came out (since it came out not too long before the whole behind the scenes thing got super-heated instead of just affecting the characters in the arcs as had been the case since January), it would have to have been canned.
I seriously doubt that the underground finale was delayed due to legal issues. Perhaps it's was because the shard vs metal sonic issue would be a better lead into the crossover or something

I don't actually suspect legalities for SU, it's just that the aftermath of the crossover appears to be partly a result of such stuff. Because of SU#50 being allocated to Shard and Metal Sonic, and the post-crossover period being so different to what it was planned to be it seems, it's just inadvertently being pushed further and further toward the cliff of irrelevance. 

The theme for all the stories so far post-crossover has been trying to keep the high energy from the crossover finale going. Instead of going from "high-stakes planetary fight" to "also now they conclude Mecha Sally, they conclude the Naugus arc, everything concludes, closing energies", they're going from it to "new arc, new elements, generate curiosity, generate hype, old and new readers alike are hooked by it".

Once you realise that, you understand that in the middle of that going "oh and also the conclusion of a mediocre show from 10 years ago" just breaks flow immensely. It'll get published, but likely in YEARS, and wouldn't be surprised if it published as a FCBD issue or something.

• Thumbs Up 5

Aw no Aquatic Ruins zone? That plus Omega's return was all that really interested me in those new solits.

Would've been interesting to see how Aquatic Ruins (my fav zone from Sonic 2) fit into the original story, ya know, unless it's just part of the new mandate from SEGA that at least one place from the games must show up in every issue of the comic for obligatory reasons rather than for the plot.

Important supplementary comments.

I'm guessing since you didn't menction this, its from Ian right?

If SHTH already happened (thus confirming that game adaptions have happened from the Genesis/fuckwhatever universe and were meshed into this one, probably writing out the old adaptions as well) then how is the black comet still around? unless Comic!SHTH didn't blow up the comet at the end and just flung it out to space.

I recall that before the dimensional shattering the Black Arms were hooked up in a war with the Xorda ( for obvious legal reasons to not appear in the book.) I wonder because of the recent dimensional rift the Xorda now has ceased to exist?

Another Shadow arc? Ugh..surely there are others that don't get much limelight and could use an arc before Shadow gets another. Still no sign of Dark Gaia, unless its part of the next arc of the main comic, personally hoping not tho, a Shadow pseudo sequel and Unleashed would drive me away for a while that's for sure. Now I'm more interested in what the next cover is rather than this one.

I'm guessing since you didn't menction this, its from Ian right?

If SHTH already happened (thus confirming that game adaptions have happened from the Genesis/fuckwhatever universe and were meshed into this one, probably writing out the old adaptions as well) then how is the black comet still around? unless Comic!SHTH didn't blow up the comet at the end and just flung it out to space.

Perhaps he just worded it strangely, but reading those comments again, I noticed that Ian says "a Black Comet". Maybe there's more than one, at least in this continuity? Seems fairly believable to me, actually.

Couldn't we have kept the comic covers in spoiler tags? I didn't look at them all, but I definately had it spoiled that there was a Shadow arc coming. That's why I dont look at the comic covers ahead of time, because they tell you what is coming, which I see as a spoiler of whats to come.

Then you should expect to get spoiled every time you walk into a comic store. Seriously, I don't think the issue is ruined for you just yet. wink.png

Perhaps he just worded it strangely, but reading those comments again, I noticed that Ian says "a Black Comet". Maybe there's more than one, at least in this continuity? Seems fairly believable to me, actually.

Yeah I did notice he did say "A black comet" meaning that this Black Arms could be a reserve force. probably to be dispatched if anything happens to the main force.

But the comet was supposed to be 1 of a kind wasn't it?

Very minor thing that those who like the behind the scenes process might find interesting; I'm requesting a source for something from a different site. Apparently, the designs weren't finalised by the time of Evan Stanley doing the pencils for #252. NICOLE was in her original look before she had to redraw her to her new look, and the plug braids weren't added until after the pencils were submitted. This might mean that Sally also wasn't finalised, hence why she looks a bit different to what's seen on the cover of #256.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Another Shadow arc? Ugh..surely there are others that don't get much limelight and could use an arc before Shadow gets another.

What in the fu-?

Come the fuck on, dude. Practically every other character already got their limelight after Shadow had the first arc in Universe: Knuckles did, the Chaotix did, Babylon Rogues, Team Rose, Team Hooligan, Eggman, freaking Scourge, and several other characters like Bunnie, Antoine, Monkey Khan, Finitivus, and so forth came along with them...Hell, Silver had two freaking arcs already after Shadow had his one, and prior to the Crossover, Shadow and Team Dark have practically been out of the limelight for a long ass time as it is. It's been about 40 damn issues prior to the Crossover since they were involved, I think they've been out of the limelight long enough to allow them back in after awhile. So stop acting like Shadow's been getting too much attention when it's been the exact opposite.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Well, technically, team Dark were in Treasure Team Tango, so that was the same time team Rose, Hooligan and the Babylon Rogues got some limelight (while the Rogues got more not long after, Rose and Hooligan are only coming into play again now as teams). And if you want to be really technical, they were supposed to all appear in Scrambled, but SEGA said no and thus only Omega did.

Still pales in comparison, especially considering that while Knuckles only has one arc in Universe, he was the focus of one other (in an alternate future) and had an arc in the main Sonic comic (albeit eventually kinda...neutered). 

Edit: What am I thinking, M:30YL didn't even have Knuckles.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Yeah, Treasure Team Tango was issues 21-24, we're in 55-58. So I was off by six issues.

EDIT: Or 10, not counting the Crossover. So 30 issues...

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Treasure Team Tango was focused primarily on Team Rose tho, with Team Dark kinda picking up the rear.

Let's hope it focus on Team Dark and doesn't devolve into Shadow & His amazing friends.

Treasure Team Tango was focused primarily on Team Rose tho, with Team Dark kinda picking up the rear.   Let's hope it focus on Team Dark and doesn't devolve into Shadow & His amazing friends.
You mean shadow and his merry sidekicks. On a serious note I hope this arc will explain why they are called team dark

Then you should expect to get spoiled every time you walk into a comic store. Seriously, I don't think the issue is ruined for you just yet. wink.png

There aren't any comic shops for like over one hundred or way more miles from my current locations. They don't seem to stick around that long and close very easily.

You mean shadow and his merry sidekicks. On a serious note I hope this arc will explain why they are called team dark

Why would they need to explain that? Their only called that in the comics because they were called that in Sonic Heroes, because they were supposed to be like the "Dark" story in Sonic Adventure 2, and the team has Shadow and Rouge and Omega, who I guess are supposed to be "Dark" characters to an extent.

Edited by Sparky

Why would they need to explain that? Their only called that in the comics because they were called that in Sonic Heroes, because they were supposed to be like the "Dark" story in Sonic Adventure 2, and the team has Shadow and Rouge and Omega, who I guess are supposed to be "Dark" characters to an extent.
Cause in sonic universe 4 hope asked the commander why he named them team dark. He said "that will become evident in time"
  • Thumbs Up 1