Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Cause in sonic universe 4 hope asked the commander why he named them team dark. He said "that will become evident in time"

Well, then I'd love to see what he meant.

Cause in sonic universe 4 hope asked the commander why he named them team dark. He said "that will become evident in time"

I thought that this was answered in the Treasure Team Tango appearance. GUN and the United Federation doesn't give two shits about any other surrounding factors to their mission. As long as it got the power it needed to protect itself, it didn't matter what methods were used to get what they want. Hence, Rouge's somewhat non - concern at Blaze's dying world.

What in the fu-?

Come the fuck on, dude. Practically every other character already got their limelight after Shadow had the first arc in Universe: Knuckles did, the Chaotix did, Babylon Rogues, Team Rose, Team Hooligan, Eggman, freaking Scourge, and several other characters like Bunnie, Antoine, Monkey Khan, Finitivus, and so forth came along with them...Hell, Silver had two freaking arcs already after Shadow had his one, and prior to the Crossover, Shadow and Team Dark have practically been out of the limelight for a long ass time as it is. It's been about 40 damn issues prior to the Crossover since they were involved, I think they've been out of the limelight long enough to allow them back in after awhile. So stop acting like Shadow's been getting too much attention when it's been the exact opposite.

Ya forgot Tails, ya big lug! The Tails' Adventure adaptation!

• Thumbs Up 3

Remember earlier how I said I was chasing a source for that comment regarding the FF redesigns? I got it now.

16l.png

Yes it is merely a screenshot, but you can't link to the Tumblr equivalent of PMs. Spiritsonic, as you may have guessed, is Evan's Tumblr account, so it checks out. 

Screenshot was taken by...it should be obvious. 

"The World Adventure Begins" on the final issue of Countdown to Chaos...maybe it is gunna be Unleashed after all. What with it being called World Adventure in Japan and all.

Other variant cover.

1299038_ful.jpg

This T.Rex guy is proving quite the good'un.

Darn, beat me to it! Tristan Jones (a.k.a. T-Rex) is definitely rocking these Sonic covers, and I hope to see him on interiors one day (if I have to start writing letters, dammit, I will!). To be honest, before I saw his upcoming Silver Sonic cover for #253 (and I didn't know he used "T-Rex" as an alias at the time) I had no idea Jones even drew! He wrote some TMNT stuff for Mirage back when the Turtles were still owned by Mirage, which was illustrated by other Mirage artists (notably Paul Harmon [EDIT: Actually, I'm fairly certain Harmon was the only one who illustrated Jones's TMNT scripts at Mirage]), and then he wrote the TMNT part of the "Infestation 2" crossover IDW did last year.

Also, I'm glad to see Shadow is finally going to be getting the spotlight in the comics again. It's been a while. First Blaze, then Shadow post-crossover... I wonder who'll be next? Knuckles, perhaps?

Edited by Zaysho

Remember a cover can be overglorifed compared to the persons' real art, so we don't really know if him doing interiors would be a good idea. but hell if T-Rex doesn't make a good variant cover.

Remember a cover can be overglorifed compared to the persons' real art, so we don't really know if him doing interiors would be a good idea. but hell if T-Rex doesn't make a good variant cover.

He's doing interior work for other properties/publishers (some of the stuff I saw for his issue of Hoax Hunters looks pretty good). So it's not like Jones is a bad cartoonist. I don't think it could hurt if he got a shot.

I will say his art leans a little too much towards "dark" sometimes, so I don't know how well his aesthetic would translate to Sonic. I imagine he will have to make some adjustments to conform to the house style/SEGA style to fit the current standards of the book, and as a professional artist, I can't imagine he'd object. Don't forget someone else would be inking his work too (either Austin or Amash, depending on the book) if he ever got the chance, and that would change the feeling of his work too.

Edited by Zaysho

If the reason has to do with anything about the Black Arms "soul-tainting gas" from Shadow the Hedgehog, that'll be a cop-out.

Edited by Scheming Minor

"Marine. Stop. Talking. Now."laugh.png

Words that Ian wishes he could say when he writes her.

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 8

Considering the characters in Sonic Rush Adventure got fairly annoyed with her throughout the game, with Blaze getting VERY angry at her near the end, it's pretty accurate to the games.

edit: Plus I get the feeling Amy is concerned about Cream in that moment. Marine's freaking out is NOT helping the rabbit's obvious distress there...

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 2

While it does lead to some good lines, I'd rather not have Marine be boiled down to "the annoying girl no-one likes" and little else.

Come to think of it, I don't see the fascination of continuously stapling a pirate theme to the Sol Dimension. Sonic's world has no single set motif, why should Blaze's constantly have pirates?

Oh wait, the use of pirates is a SEGA mandate for this story isn't it :U