Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Craziness and randomness are not synonyms, one can exist without the other. For example, Bean lamenting the weapons he was using as friends had context, which allowed his obsession with explosives to be exploited, which I found amusing.

And if I'm right, Bean's motive for stealing the Sol Emerald is that it was simply shiny. Being distracted by shiny things has context there, so it'd be funny...if I didn't explain the joke first.

Edit: And I also recognise that non-sequitor humour does have its place, I just don't see the draw of a character who's considered almost nothing but that.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

As an Australian can I just say how much I love how Tracey writes Marine's dialogue?

There's actually stuff I recognise in there!

He mixes archaic Australian slang with modern Australian slang and it never sounds too forced.

Oh and as a lover of random humour, Bean is great. The character is pretty popular so I can't be the only one.

Bean is basically Deadpool minus the 4th wall breaking.  Probably talks just as much too

Don't know why I keep bringing this up, but my best friend makes both of them seem like the most sane and boring people ever. Seriously, I don't know why I keep mentioning him. 

I've never read or seen Deadpool, so I can't draw a comparison myself. 

Look up the episode "Ultimate Deadpool" of Disney XD's Ultimate Spider-Man or watch a part of a playthrough of the Deadpool video game. That should give you a pretty good idea.

Oh lord, Deadpool. Yeah, Bean is like him. And I never liked Deadpool in the first place, not even as a kid. Explains a lot about my dislike towards Bean.

Bean is basically Deadpool minus the 4th wall breaking.  Probably talks just as much too

I've never read or seen Deadpool, so I can't draw a comparison myself.

Don't know why I keep bringing this up, but my best friend makes both of them seem like the most sane and boring people ever. Seriously, I don't know why I keep mentioning him. 

Look up the episode "Ultimate Deadpool" of Disney XD's Ultimate Spider-Man or watch a part of a playthrough of the Deadpool video game. That should give you a pretty good idea.

Oh lord, Deadpool. Yeah, Bean is like him. And I never liked Deadpool in the first place, not even as a kid. Explains a lot about my dislike towards Bean.

What? No love for Duckpool? No love for that special brand of non-chalant combustible violence and lovable shenanigans that border on annoyingly psychotic?

joke_art___duckpool_by_gokulio-d6mlkwm.j

What would Mistah J say? WHY SO SERIOUS?

Obvious references aside, Sonic characters are often defined by arch types. So I think turning a one-note character like Bean into a wacky nutcase who;s funny is unique onto itself, cause there was never an arch type like this present in the games. I still think Ian Flynn ought to at least provide SEGA with some notes on characterization, to help develop them less developed characters

the same goes with Marine. Her annoying tendencies and egotistic drive makes her ripe for comedy and even admitting these faults mean she can grow as a character...which is saying much considering she was just an annoying tag along in Rush Adventure and didn't do anything except throw a water balloon at a giant robot.

• Thumbs Up 4

What? No love for Duckpool? No love for that special brand of non-chalant combustible violence and lovable shenanigans that border on annoyingly psychotic?

joke_art___duckpool_by_gokulio-d6mlkwm.j

What would Mistah J say? WHY SO SERIOUS?

Obvious references aside, Sonic characters are often defined by arch types. So I think turning a one-note character like Bean into a wacky nutcase who;s funny is unique onto itself, cause there was never an arch type like this present in the games. I still think Ian Flynn ought to at least provide SEGA with some notes on characterization, to help develop them less developed characters

the same goes with Marine. Her annoying tendencies and egotistic drive makes her ripe for comedy and even admitting these faults mean she can grow as a character...which is saying much considering she was just an annoying tag along in Rush Adventure and didn't do anything except throw a water balloon at a giant robot.

Hey, I've been saying this whole time that I find Bean and Deadpool funny.

It does say a lot for Archie that they can get all these characters together, even the old "forgotten" ones and make them work in a coherent fashion most of the time, and yet Sega can't seem to find a way to do it themselves without reducing the cast to a select few for each game.

Then again I'm not at all for brining back oodles of playable characters. But I wouldn't be against more of them showing up in some capacity in the story of said games. Like what they are presumably doing with Knuckles and Amy in Lost World.

Hey, I've been saying this whole time that I find Bean and Deadpool funny.

Than you are a true man, Sparky-san.

Sparky Sparky Boom Man.

Combustion Man

combustion-man_480x360.jpg

sigh....I miss the old Avatar.sad.png 

Hey just curious, are they going to flanderize all the bad moments of Shadow The Hedgehog in Shadow Fall or will Yardley treat it as the 1980's B-Movie parody is always meant to be?

Com'on....with a name like "Shadow Fall" and this taking place in space, you know Michael Bein was meant for this...somehow.

It does say a lot for Archie that they can get all these characters together, even the old "forgotten" ones and make them work in a coherent fashion most of the time, and yet Sega can't seem to find a way to do it themselves without reducing the cast to a select few for each game.

Then again I'm not at all for brining back oodles of playable characters. But I wouldn't be against more of them showing up in some capacity in the story of said games. Like what they are presumably doing with Knuckles and Amy in Lost World.

Honestly, and I said this TIME and TIME again:

Why waste time and energy creating untested personalities and elements in an already bloated world when you already have oodles and oodles of characters you created before....FROM EVERY MYTHOLOGY.

Forget the ridiculous purist and their creedo of genre inequality...the genre-ists! If you;re going to create a whole bunch of furries for your video game, and the cartoon based on the video game, and the comic based on the video game and the cartoon based on the...rrrraaggh. YOU MADE THEM, SO USE THEM!! with good writing and good imagination, any character or any setting can be adaptable to any medium. New ideas are great, but nothing is original and new concepts can be created from the scrap of the old. So either you play with the toys that you made or get rid of the ones you don't like, just stop over stuffing your toy box with new toys you're never going to play with.

I mean it!! Keep doing this and we'll never go back to Toys R us ever again, even for CHRISTMAS!!

Edited by FalconKick
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hey just curious, are they going to flanderize all the bad moments of Shadow The Hedgehog in Shadow Fall or will Yardley treat it as the 1980's B-Movie parody is always meant to be?

Com'on....with a name like "Shadow Fall" and this taking place in space, you know Michael Bein was meant for this...somehow.

Yeah, no, I'd rather it not.

If anything, flanderizing the bad moments of ShTH is just beating a dead horse and doesn't help anything, not the characters nor the narrative. I wouldn't mind some parody or lampshading, but I'd rather they do things the way they've done previous arcs over making fun of the games.

Yeah, no, I'd rather it not.

If anything, flanderizing the bad moments of ShTH is just beating a dead horse and doesn't help anything, not the characters nor the narrative. I wouldn't mind some parody or lampshading, but I'd rather they do things the way they've done previous arcs over making fun of the games.

...it's already written. There's nothing outside of a court case that's not going to stop this...

oh you know what I'll just dump the gif

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

...i miss the Sonic X comic.

...it's already written. There's nothing outside of a court case that's not going to stop this...

Yet we don't know a clue about how the comic is written beyond the summary. Hence my response.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Yet we don't know a clue about how the comic is written beyond the summary. Hence my response.

Yet knowing that the only lead was a brief synopsis, I used it as an opportunity to do some hypothetical speculation in order to create some humor and fun in this thread. Hence my response.

Only to be met with a serious response and a legitimate opinion to a hypothetical speculation. Hence your response.

So then I confused, and wondering if I'm being set up for something until realizing that I am truly alone in this forum and thus clarified the situation....Hence my other response.

which was then responded in a proper manner. Hence your response.

Which then solicited my response. Then your response.  Etc.

Ad Infinitum.sad.png

Sooooo.....um.....who is your favorite variant cover artist?

Yet knowing that the only lead was a brief synopsis, I used it as an opportunity to do some hypothetical speculation in order to create some humor and fun in this thread. Hence my response.

Only to be met with a serious response and a legitimate opinion to a hypothetical speculation. Hence your response.

So then I confused, and wondering if I'm being set up for something until realizing that I am truly alone in this forum and thus clarified the situation....Hence my other response.

which was then responded in a proper manner. Hence your response.

Which then solicited my response. Then your response.  Etc.

Ad Infinitum.sad.png

Well, let me simplify all this for you:

You ask "Will they flanderize the bad moments of ShTH?"

I say, "No, I rather they not do that" as it's "beating a dead horse and not helping things for the narrative or the characters."

As neither of us know what's in the comic, all you're getting is an answer to your joking question over the unknowns of writting. Now if that was too hard to figure out, then I'm sorry for confusion.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Well, let me simplify all this for you:

You ask "Will they flanderize the bad moments of ShTH?"

I say, "No, I rather they not do that" as it's "beating a dead horse and not helping things for the narrative or the characters."

As neither of us know what's in the comic, all you're getting is an answer to your joking question over the unknowns of writting. Now if that was too hard to figure out, then I'm sorry for confusion.

Alright. I get it already, don't need to hammer a point I already hammered down myself.

"Demonize at your own risk!"

....Yeah, no kidding<_<

Anyways, back on topic: I think Ryan Jampole is one of my favorite variant cover artists. I never thought I would love Baby Sonic Heroes till I saw his cover for The Worlds Collide event. I do wish they let Jon Gray do more cover work. i LOVE HIS STUFF!!

Anyways, back on topic: I think Ryan Jampole is one of my favorite variant cover artists. I never thought I would love Baby Sonic Heroes till I saw his cover for The Worlds Collide event. I do wish they let Jon Gray do more cover work. i LOVE HIS STUFF!!

I'm sort of glad Gray is stuck doing the funnies and not the main comic. I always felt he ruined the seriousness of the return to angel island arc with his uber chibiness. That chibi style is more for a humor style or humor comic, not something serious like these sonic comics are. That's why I'm glad he is stuck in the funnies because that's where that style fits in my opinion.

"Stuck" in the funnies?

Yeah I know, it's so retro you'd swear it was jingoistic.

Actually, this reminds me of a topic I want to create regarding Sonic Fans, fan art and the perception of quality. It occurred to me that there is some mob mentality in taste and opinion among fan bases. I just gotta wrap things up with some other peeples.

some dudes at bumbleking are remaking the endangered species arc closer to the way it should of been

gg4n.jpg

not bad looks like Jon Grays art 

• Thumbs Up 2

It's what they assume is closer to what it was supposed to be. 

And that is not Jon Gray. I can recognise a Jon Gray when I see one. 

It's what they assume is closer to what it was supposed to be. 

And that is not Jon Gray. I can recognise a Jon Gray when I see one. 

i know its not Jon's its themobians 

That's a pretty good artist there. I know it isn't the real thing, but still, doing something like that could easily show others how well they can draw these characters. That does sort of look similiar to Gray's style though to be honest, meaning, it could be ALOT better, since Gray's style doesnt really look sonicy to me. It looks cutesy.

That's pretty good.  If that's how Endangered Species was supposed to be like, then it certainly shows how big a problem the Penders incident must have been.  And I've gotta say, whoever did the artwork may not be Gray, but they gave a darn good try to make us think it was him.  Great job I say.

Yes, I remember him from DA. We bonded over having the same inspiration and I'm glad he's doing this project. I'm definitely hyped to see Endangered Species the way it was meant to be. How long has this been up to?

Edited by FalconKick