Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Yes, I remember him from DA. We bonded over having the same inspiration and I'm glad he's doing this project. I'm definitely hyped to see Endangered Species the way it was meant to be. How long has this been up to?

Whoever did it certainly deserves plenty of recognition.  With a fan comic attempt like that, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually works in comics.

Whoever did it certainly deserves plenty of recognition.  With a fan comic attempt like that, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually works in comics.

Deijmon already stated that it's the artist known as TheMobian. No, he does not work in the comics, he is just among the many incredible Sonic artist fan-artists who is doing this for the love of the game...and occasionally the money.

Here is his deviantart if you want to see his stuff

Deijmon already stated that it's the artist known as TheMobian. No, he does not work in the comics, he is just among the many incredible Sonic artist fan-artists who is doing this for the love of the game...and occasionally the money.

Here is his deviantart if you want to see his stuff

That's quite a gallery he's got there.  And his Jon Gray art style is near to flawless!

Time for more IMAGES FROM ANOTHER WOOOOOOOOOOOORLD!

20130920_134213_zpsbebf3cdd.jpg

20130920_134230_zps50e8fd76.jpg

20130920_134244_zpsd15299a3.jpg

20130920_134304_zpsa9f12c03.jpg

20130920_134318_zpsf976592d.jpg

20130920_134332_zpsc52f3eca.jpg

20130920_134347_zps55c1ee39.jpg

20130920_134407_zps0e7a56db.jpg

20130920_134417_zpsd64a9387.jpg

20130920_134438_zpsdaa78533.jpg

20130920_134450_zps981f94d8.jpg

Full skinny in a bit.

Edited by CC14 the Franken Frog
  • Thumbs Up 8

>Off Panel

SONIC THAT PUN WAS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.

...holy shit their airbase is called The Sky Patrol.

HOLY SHIT THE NAME WAS TAILS' IDEA

IT'S TAILS' SKY PATROL

• Thumbs Up 5

Wish they'd stop tossing around Nicole's handheld to everyone. I can't help but feel the less characters that remember the old world, the better.

• Thumbs Up 8

I gotta admit, I hated Rotors new look when I first saw it, but whoever it is drawing this story makes it look considerably better. Wait, who is the artist?

Well this is certainly delivering beyond what I was thinking.

Wish they'd stop tossing around Nicole's handheld to everyone. I can't help but feel the less characters that remember the old world, the better.

Funny, because the way I see it the more the characters remember the old world, the less these changes feel like a middle finger and more of an apology to the old fans like me who liked it the way it was before. Like how Capcom did DmC except they weren't being sympathetic about it when they changed things.

They created two new groups from this altered continuity of Sonic, they could at least show the old fans they still cared instead of ignoring it like you want them to, and in turn imply old fans to get over it or get out of the continuity they loved for 2 decades.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 6

It kinda looks like a completely different colorist too. Probably the same one from the Lost World comic? If CC14 would like to copy the credits, it would clear up our confusion.

Some other tidbits;

-Lord Hood is still here, but he's apparently the Egg Boss of a place called "Avalon" now (Mercia renamed?). Seems that Diesel the Bear got thrown under the motorbike, so to speak. 

-Sonic just calls Uncle Chuck "Chuck", white Rotor calls Uncle Chuck...well, Uncle Chuck.

Oh, so Chuck is no longer Sonic's biological uncle? He's just a sort of father figure to him now?

I gotta admit, I hated Rotors new look when I first saw it, but whoever it is drawing this story makes it look considerably better. Wait, who is the artist?
Llamar Wells and Yardley!

Oh, so Chuck is no longer Sonic's biological uncle? He's just a sort of father figure to him now?

*sighs* Yep. Ah well.

So I read part 2 of PPP and I really can't get into this arc. There some good moments here and there and this is proof that the old continuity is still intact(sort of) but compared to what's going on with the main comic and mega man this is the weakest of the 3

Well this is certainly delivering beyond what I was thinking.

Funny, because the way I see it the more the characters remember the old world, the less these changes feel like a middle finger and more of an apology to the old fans like me who liked it the way it was before. Like how Capcom did DmC except they weren't being sympathetic about it when they changed things.

They created two new groups from this altered continuity of Sonic, they could at least show the old fans they still cared instead of ignoring it like you want them to, and in turn imply old fans to get over it or get out of the continuity they loved for 2 decades.

I'm going to have to go with Don Toby here. Using Nicci as status rewind hot potato is moving the plot along waaaay too fast. I would have preffered if Sonic had a vague understanding of the previous universe but the new experiences just help him fill in the blanks. Hell, we're not even allowed to explore this new world before it's already time to crack it open and wake up Chip and his cranky cousin.

If they really wanted to give a gift to the old fans, then they should have done the classy way and wrap up the stories before this reboot thing...or simply acknowledge the world on some later date like some crisis-crossover, but have some purity of content, don't muck things up trying to please everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to have to go with Don Toby here. Using Nicci as status rewind hot potato is moving the plot along waaaay too fast. I would have preffered if Sonic had a vague understanding of the previous universe but the new experiences just help him fill in the blanks. Hell, we're not even allowed to explore this new world before it's already time to crack it open and wake up Chip and his cranky cousin.

If they really wanted to give a gift to the old fans, then they should have done the classy way and wrap up the stories before this reboot thing...or simply acknowledge the world on some later date like some crisis-crossover, but have some purity of content, don't muck things up trying to please everyone.

Oh, please. Using Nicole as a status rewind is hardly moving anything along so fast because all it's doing is reminding everyone what previously happened and how much things have changed, because as of now they can't go back to how things originally were. It's not preventing us from exploring this new world, or anything of that nature, all it is serving as is a reminder. You notice how all they get is just a few scenes showing the previous world before they move on to the present state of things.

Secondly, wrapping up the old stories would have done us a favor had they not changed them regardless due to the whole lawsuit with Penders. So since they didn't do that, they're at least acknowledging to the old fans that they remember the past and they're sorry they had to change it. It's better they do it sooner than later when one group is already upset as it is; any later and they probably wouldn't get that same message through as easily. Hardly anything's been mucked up since we're in the second issue of this post-changed world, as we're just now seeing the extent of what has been changed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, please. Using Nicole as a status rewind is hardly moving anything along so fast because all it's doing is reminding everyone what previously happened and how much things have changed, because as of now they can't go back to how things originally were. It's not preventing us from exploring this new world, or anything of that nature, all it is serving as is a reminder. You notice how all they get is just a few scenes showing the previous world before they move on to the present state of things.

Secondly, wrapping up the old stories would have done us a favor had they not changed them regardless due to the whole lawsuit with Penders. So since they didn't do that, they're at least acknowledging to the old fans that they remember the past and they're sorry they had to change it. It's better they do it sooner than later when one group is already upset as it is; any later and they probably wouldn't get that same message through as easily. Hardly anything's been mucked up since we're in the second issue of this post-changed world, as we're just now seeing the extent of what has been changed.

Except now, we're going to have a group of characters walking on thin ice with the rest of the planet to preserve the natural order, lest they're going to go around and ruining the new world in order to preserve past relationships. What if Sonic finds out that Sally had lived a much better life than she has if she didn't know all of what happened before? WilI Sonic go that far to get his girl back? I mean, if he's going to restore the FF, he might as well do it to everyone or else he'd be guilty of altering people for his own convenience. 

In that case, it might as well be the JMS run of Thor. Ya know: "The Gods of Asgard are scattered around the Earth, posing as mortals. It's up to Thor, his pet human Donald and his talking goats to find them all and bring them home!" The premise is entertaining on it's own rights, but it had the advantage of bringing the least recognizable part of the Avengers franchise to the mainstream so it succeeded as a reboot.

If Sonic is going to play "Gotta Remind Them All" with Mobius, let him take a looong time instead. I rather see how the Freedom Fighters changed and how Sonic interacts with these new incarnations rather than bring them into the fold cause STATUS QUO IS GOD.

Man seriously, why didn't Archie had the balls to reboot everything instead of being so wishy washy with their motives? Oh yeah...money.

Edited by FalconKick

Well, I've gotta say issue 56 was a good read and gave us a few stories to tell, but I think I preferred last issue.  

But don't get me wrong, I loved the Sprockets.  They looked quite cute for robots tongue.png  

And as usual we see Marine being as pompous and as annoying as ever, but it was so nice to see that panel where

Amy tells her to stop.  

And Bean (once again) was pretty much stealing the show with his antics.  

The part where he offers Blaze a smoothie was just a real tickler on the ribs!  

Yardely! really knows how to get Bean's characterisations perfect.  

However, I sort of wanted to see more of Blaze in action.  

Truth is we haven't seen her fighting pirates at all so far.  For this entire issue she remains locked up like a lion in a zoo.

And the verdict?  Honestly I think this arc will have a marvellous second half, but this story's taking its time to get

into the full swing of things 8/10. And I'm still waiting for Bark to do something.            

Except now, we're going to have a group of characters walking on thin ice with the rest of the planet to preserve the natural order, lest they're going to go around and ruining the new world in order to preserve past relationships. What if Sonic finds out that Sally had lived a much better life than she has if she didn't know all of what happened before? WilI Sonic go that far to get his girl back? I mean, if he's going to restore the FF, he might as well do it to everyone or else he'd be guilty of altering people for his own convenience. 

I dunno. That's why we have to wait and see how things will turn out.

Either way, I reiterate, them being reminded of the past also tells old fans that they haven't forgotten about it either, and that while they may move on the older fans can do so without feeling like they're getting flipped off over the changes they liked.

Time for some spoilers!

The issue opens with Sonic and Tails making tracks through the Mystic Ruins, following the coordinates that King Acorn gave them to track down Rotor. The glitched Nicole says that Rotor was last seen working on a secret project with Tails, which the fox himself vaguely remembers, but can't quite put his finger on thanks to having to sort through two sets of memories. Finding it hard to track down Rote in such a large jungle, Sonic suggests that they could use some kind of guide. His wish is granted when the pair come upon a very familiar-looking shack...

Back to Eggy and friends in the Efrika plains, the frazzled Doc leads the way through the grasslands as his two stooges haul the damaged Egg Mobile. With his energy low due to lack of food and water and the two henchbots trying his patience with their whining, Eggy comes extremely close to cracking. However, salvation arrives in the form of a huge group of vehicles commanded by a buffalo in a slightly modified Egg Mobile. The mysterious soldier asks the Doc if he came for a surprise inspection, causing Eggy to realize that he's one of his own. He commands the soldier to give his name and rank and he introduces himself as Axel the Water Buffalo, Egg Boss to the Efrika Egg Army unit. Eggman's trio hitch a ride with the Efrikan forces and Orbot quickly points out that the Doc's forces were never called the "Egg Army" and Axel definitely wasn't on his payroll before. Eggy reveals that he's had suspicions ever since they landed in the middle of nowhere that his interference with Sonic's Chaos Control might've altered their reality. Orbot asks to what degree and the Doc says that it's no matter, for as long as he still has forces, his main concerns are dinner, fixing the Egg Mobile, and getting back to the Death Egg.

Meanwhile, in the Mystic Ruins, Sonic and Tails come upon Big's shack where the fat purple feline himself is just calmly fishing with Froggy. After some confusion over Team Freedom's status and what Big's been doing all of this time (Read: Fishing), Tails eventually gets him to lead them to where Rotor's working on the secret project. Said place is none other than a bumper-shaped base stationed near the cliff off the side of the Mystic Ruins where the Final Egg Zone's tower still rests. Sonic even remembers the events of Sonic Adventure related to said tower, despite Tails, still focusing more on his memories of the old world, having no idea what it is. Sonic realizes that his memories are starting to run together, leading Tails to worry if their new histories will eventually overtake their old ones. Big notices some commotion and the group realizes that an army of Spinner Badniks are attacking the base, with Rotor fighting them off. Sonic suggests that they worry about memories later and the three of them jump into action, giving Rote a helping hand. (Big even Spin Dashes!) Rotor starts to say that the coast is clear, but Silver Sonic then arrives to put on more stress. The metallic baddie gets into a spinning frenzy and heads towards Rotor and the base, but Big quickly puts a stop to that by using his strength to hurl the metal menace into the path of one of the base's turrets manned by Rotor, destroying him. Sonic and Tails finish off the Badniks and then regroup with Rote.

Sonic notices the walrus's major upgrade in physical power in this reality and compliments him, partially weirding him out. Rotor gives the threesome a tour of the new base that they've dubbed the "Sky Patrol." He reveals that Sally and Bunnie are currently away on missions, but the base will take flight as soon as they return. After reuniting with T-Pup, Tails inquires about the new base, Rote revealing that the name was the fox's own idea and that they constructed it as an answer to the Death Egg and Eggman's other flying fortresses. Sonic and Tails look to one another and hand Rotor Nicole, reawakening his memories of the other world. Rotor drops the computer (Tails catching her just in time) and nearly falls backward due to the shock, finding it hard to process the new memories unlocked in his head. He suggests that they focus on the problem at hand for the time being and asks how Nicole is, causing the computer to reveal that interacting with each of the Freedom Fighters is indeed slowly bringing her back to normal. Sonic asks Rotor if he can help them find the others and he responds by bringing up their mission files, revealing that while Sally and Bunnie are deep undercover, Antoine is helping Uncle Chuck just outside Knothole and Amy's gone completely M.I.A. While Rotor thought that she'd just be chasing after Sonic again, the Blue Blur gives a negative, saying that they'll have to add finding her to the list. However, with the knowledge that Bunnie's still with them, Antoine's on his feet, and Sally isn't a robot anymore, Sonic breathes a sigh of relief, happy that something really good came out of this whole confusing situation. While Sonic and Tails set out to find the others, Rotor decides to stay and get Sky Patrol fully functional as well as straighten out his own thoughts. Big also stays behind to give Rote a hand should any more Badnik swarms attack.

Back at the Efrikan Egg Army Base, after rejuvenating himself a bit, Eggy puts the finishing touches on an upgraded Egg Mobile (Now looking more like a plane) and pop quizzes Axel on where the nearest Egg Army Base is so he can get some additional assistance. He points him to Lord Hood in Avalon and the trio depart. One of Axel's cronies ask why they still tolerate the Doc and the buffalo answers that they HAVE TO, because getting on his bad side could mean roboticization. In the air, Orbot asks why they didn't simply stay the night at the Efrikan Egg Base to fully recuperate and the Doc answers by saying that there's no time and that they need to launch the Death Egg as soon as possible so he can fix things. Orbot wonders what "things" he's talking about and the Doc reveals that he just got some global readings off of the Eggnet that prove that his earlier comment about being too hasty in interfering with Chaos Control might've been even more accurate than he had first thought. The issue ends with the three flying over a large purple crack in the landscape. There's also a very pun-ishing Off-Panel strip.

Enjoy! smile.png

(Also, for those wondering, Tracy Yardley did the layouts while Lamar Wells did the finishes. Matt Herms did the colors.)

• Thumbs Up 3