Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The plot thickens! ohmy.png   This is starting to show some positives.  Knothole's still with us again which is nice to hear again, but I am now sure that it's Dark Gaia cracking the world.  I mean purple cracks? 

So Knothole Exists. But I'm starting to wonder.... where is it, now? Is it on Westside Island like Mobotropolis (My headcanon: In the Wood Zone)? or is it on South Island, maybe? That could have been an explanation for why Sally, "Boomer" and Antoine were in the Green Hill Zone's capsule.

Edited by Sparky

The plot thickens! ohmy.png   This is starting to show some positives.  Knothole's still with us again which is nice to hear again, but I am now sure that it's Dark Gaia cracking the world.  I mean purple cracks? 

True, but I ain't calling it until I see the zillion eyed freak come out from the worlds surface. If it does happen, I'm gettin Verte.

But man, this is gettin' intense! The old and new memories are starting to mesh, that can't  be good.

...BIG. YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE, YOU COULD HAVE SAVED PRECIOUS TIME IN FINDING THAT DAMN FROG.

Ah, the pencils make sense now. They pulled a Genesis. Well, great job for the both of them. Can't wait to get the issue myself now!

"Pun - ishing?" I think it was rather....slick.

my God what have I done

Edited by Zavok
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait...Knothole's back? As in, still fully intact as a village instead of just a base that was left standing?

I kinda liked how Eggman torched the place and shook things up. Not sure what to think of it now.

The mystery is bigger than that; Knothole, in the original timeline, came about because Mobotropolis was lost to Robotnik and converted into Robotropolis. Then efforts were made to make it back into Mobotropolis before it got nuked.

So, how do the two work in relation to each other now?

The mystery is bigger than that; Knothole, in the original timeline, came about because Mobotropolis was lost to Robotnik and converted into Robotropolis. Then efforts were made to make it back into Mobotropolis before it got nuked.   So, how do the two work in relation to each other now?
I'm going to guess that they're going to go with SatAM logic and say knothole always existed and was a last resort if something ever happened to mobotropolis or its just another town that Chuck lives in

Another thing, Sonic remembers the events of Sonic Adventure from the tower to the Final Egg? As in, the actual game Sonic Adventure and not the comic adaption?

I just watched the SatAM episode(s) Blast to the Past, and I noticed that Sonic actually called Uncle Chuck just "Chuck" a few times.

Edited by Sparky

Another thing, Sonic remembers the events of Sonic Adventure from the tower to the Final Egg? As in, the actual game Sonic Adventure and not the comic adaption?

Yes. Not game adaptation canon, SEGASonic Adventure Final Egg canon.

I hope in this new world, the game characters are the same age as their game counterparts instead of the age they were given in the comic's prior to the Super Genesis Wave. That includes Amy. 

I hope in this new world, the game characters are the same age as their game counterparts instead of the age they were given in the comic's prior to the Super Genesis Wave. That includes Amy. 

But that would mean everyone's an ageless immortal that can only be given age by their body structure. XP In all seriousness though, they're already close enough to their game counterparts in age, even Sonic and his 17 year old self.

...What's wrong with Amy's age? Sure it's a bit awkward when you compare to Sonic, but it just makes her seem Wise beyond her Years.

...on second thought, yeah. That might be for the best.

But that would mean everyone's an ageless immortal that can only be given age by their body structure. XP In all seriousness though, they're already close enough to their game counterparts in age, even Sonic and his 17 year old self.

...What's wrong with Amy's age? Sure it's a bit awkward when you compare to Sonic, but it just makes her seem Wise beyond her Years.

One problem with Amy's age is that she's 11 and 16/17. At the same time. Another problem is the fact that Amy's 11 year old body was Classic Amy and Amy's 16/17 year old body is Modern Amy. Yet in the games, Modern Amy is 12. One year older then Classic Amy in the comics. 

I'm actually hoping that in this new world, the effects from the Ring of Acorns on Amy (Piko Piko Hammer, Limited Wish-granting ability) were always there from her birth or something. 

In all seriousness though, they're already close enough to their game counterparts in age,

Charmy is at least 17 in Archie Sonic

That's a good point. Ian can take this opportunity to physically de-age Charmy rather than just mentally. He can finally be funny without it being politically insensitive.

Hmmm, sounds like Eggman's lost power too me, I mean that line of why do we still listne to him... does that mean the the eggman army has peace with the Acorn kingdom?

Oh. Right. Forgot about that.

Little, hyperactive and young boy is indeed better than a mentally affected teen. Make that bee younger pronto.

Oh. Right. Forgot about that.

Little, hyperactive and young boy is indeed better than a mentally affected teen. Make that bee younger pronto.

Fo real, neal. That part of the games have always bugged me and I was glad Archie at least gave them ages consistent with their character designs.

If they had to reset the ages on this continuity, I would rather they follow like this:

Sonic - Age 17 (with Sally, Knux and any other similar character slightly younger or older)

Amy - Age 14 (old enough to qualify as a potential love interest, but young enough to still have that creepy stalker thing)

Tails - Age 10 (current game age + 2 years that passed in the comics timeline)

Antoine/Bunny - Age 19 (let them be a little older so it makes sense for them to get married)

Rouge - Age twenty-ish (sorry, acts waaaay too mature to be a teenager. it would be funny if all that sexuality was just an act, but since there's no proof, let her obvious "developments" be an indication of age)

Rotor - Age 20 (Basically any big guy like Vecs or Big should be of this age)

Cream - Age 6 (she came in later in the comic, so it makes sense for her to be the same game age)

Charmy - Age 8 (8 year olds are still pretty wacky, but at least it doesn't make him a total child)

All the adults - 30-60 ish

Hmm...anyone I'm missing?

• Thumbs Up 1

Fo real, neal. That part of the games have always bugged me and I was glad Archie at least gave them ages consistent with their character designs.

If they had to reset the ages on this continuity, I would rather they follow like this:

Sonic - Age 17 (with Sally, Knux and any other similar character slightly younger or older)

Amy - Age 14 (old enough to qualify as a potential love interest, but young enough to still have that creepy stalker thing)

Tails - Age 10 (current game age + 2 years that passed in the comics timeline)

Antoine/Bunny - Age 19 (let them be a little older so it makes sense for them to get married)

Rouge - Age twenty-ish (sorry, acts waaaay too mature to be a teenager. it would be funny if all that sexuality was just an act, but since there's no proof, let her obvious "developments" be an indication of age)

Cream - Age 6 (she came in later in the comic, so it makes sense for her to be the same game age)

Charmy - Age 8 (8 year olds are still pretty wacky, but at least it doesn't make him a total child)

All the adults - 30-60 ish

Hmm...anyone I'm missing?

Rouse is already 17/18.

No they don't. I knew a guy at college, played football (English football), pretty big dude, I was 19 at the time, I was convinced he was older than me. Nope, he was 16, fresh out of secondary school. Didn't look his age at all.

Late to the party,  but...

ynGC7P8.png

...! Does this mean Archie Eggman was always just Dr. Eggman, and not an interdimensional roboticized SatAM Robotnik whose appearance changed due to swapping robot bodies and eventually becoming human again?

Because if so, I actually really like this change. Simplifies Eggman's backstory quite a bit, and I always preferred his classic game design anyway.

I know a lot of people like Julian, and with good reason, but I could never really buy that the current Archie Eggman essentially used to be the same character; His personality is as eccentric and whimsical as his game counterpart, despite being a bit crueler, so to me, the idea that Eggman always looked like this (as opposed to ol' red-eyes Robotnik) honestly makes the most sense.

I know the changes are kind of a base-breaker, but I'm totally on board so far.

EDIT: This probably means Eggman doesn't have his robotic red eyes anymore, having always been a normal, fully-organic human. Not that his glasses will ever probably come off again, but still.

Can't believe how many people liked your post, was Eggman having the SATAM backstory that unnerving to people? 

Hes still the same Eggman we have known seeing as hes really the only one who hasn't been effected at all by the Genesis Waves, just his backstory is now meshed with the other Eggman's universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe you're chewing people out for preferring one story over another. It's not that they find it unnerving, it's just that most people like the new backstory.