Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I don't care about Hope, but I am worried about the Sinvely/Regina storyline. I was really interested in where that would go, but now it seems very likely it was rebooted with everything else.

Can't believe how many people liked your post, was Eggman having the SATAM backstory that unnerving to people? 

Nope, never found SatAM!Robotnik to be all that intimidating. I just didn't like how the whole backstory deal with him made everyone look like gullible idiots with him looking so obviously evil. I could more easily buy Classic!Eggman lulling everyone into a false state of security, is all, really.

• Thumbs Up 8

From the looks of it, seeing as Hope was heavily involved with Team Dark/GUN more than anyone else, we'll likely just have to wait until the Shadow Fall arc to find out whether she made it or not. So once Sonic Universe wraps up Pirate Plunder Panic... I guess we'll see.

• Thumbs Up 5

Nope, never found SatAM!Robotnik to be all that intimidating. I just didn't like how the whole backstory deal with him made everyone look like gullible idiots with him looking so obviously evil. I could more easily buy Classic!Eggman lulling everyone into a false state of security, is all, really.

Ever heard of not judging a book by it's cover? =P

Honestly something that has me curious is that Rotor said that Sally and Bunny were on missions, but didnt mention where antoine is? or at least have to wait till I read the issue to find out for sure(nm hes with uncle chuck), but also something I am a little curious about is wheter or not Bunny and Ant are still married, personaly I liked the dynamic, and there is also a question of what the reality shock will do to them

Oh and I really hope Ant's personality development isnt gone as well

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Ever heard of not judging a book by it's cover? =P

If anything, classic Eggman is a far better example of the cover being misleading. Julian looks absolutely evil and - surprise! - is. Classic Eggman looks like a friendly, jolly, and incredibly trustworthy man; But he's actually a diabolical evil genius, and someone who could believably fool the likes of King Acorn, Knuckles, and other good guys into trusting him.

Really, though, my biggest concern isn't the believability of Julian's good-guy ruse. It was the very idea that a roboticized SatAM Robotnik was somehow the same person as the current Dr. Eggman. I know they explained it all, and they even showed it happening, right up to aliens turning him human again and all... but I find it far more credible that - hey - Eggman was always Eggman, and never had to be a human-turned-robot-turned-other-robot-turned-human-again to get that way.

• Thumbs Up 9

You'd sure hate OoT XD. But in all seriousness I agree then again we have to realize that this the same series where Amy mistook shadow for sonic in broad daylight

What made Robo-Robotnik/Eggman's mechanical body which was able to survive death by transferring his conciousness between 'shells' so unbelievable was how it was stated that the deroboticiser could not restore robot bodies to flesh if the robotic parts were not originally derived from their fleshy body. This was the reasoning that applied to Bunnie when she had to have her cybernetics replaced when her body started rejecting them - Being given replacement cybernetics would prevent her from ever being completely deroboticized because they aren't original parts of her body.

Yet Robo-Robotnik/Eggman conveniently escaped this clause with no reason given, after having used multiple robotic bodies that were never his original ones.

It's just one example of the patchy writing earlier in the comic's run.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm willing to explain it away as the BEM simply found a way to do it.

Maybe they where secretly powering this stuff with Crystal Magic, since it was presumably Naugus' magic alone that restored Bunnie (unless of course the first Genesis Wave also made some kind of a difference).

Edited by TheFatPanda
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm willing to explain it away as the BEM simply found a way to do it.

Then why wasn't Bunnie deroboticized? Her and Jules were left-out of the mass Bem Robian derobotisization specifically because the former had cybernetics not converted from her original body whilst the latter would have had his fatal war wounds come back and kill him if he was. Yet Eggman was derobotisized by the exact same process.

• Thumbs Up 1

But didn't Eggman turn into a human due to that interference with some aliens or something?

Yes.

Eggman, Snively, Sonic, and Tails were abducted by aliens. Eggman and Snively (who were robots at the time) were turned into humans, while Sonic and Tails (organics) were turned into robots, and instructed by the aliens to fight it out, with the stipulation that only the winners would return to their original form. So, Mecha Sonic and Tails defeated Eggman and Snively, transforming back to normal and leaving the villains permanently human.

It's as contrived as it sounds.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

Then why wasn't Bunnie deroboticized? Her and Jules were left-out of the mass Bem Robian derobotisization specifically because the former had cybernetics not converted from her original body whilst the latter would have had his fatal war wounds come back and kill him if he was. Yet Eggman was derobotisized by the exact same process.

'spouse you got me there.

Or maybe they left her out because the robotic limbs where proving beneficial for her.

Edited by TheFatPanda

But didn't Eggman turn into a human due to that interference with some aliens or something?

Yes, the BEM turned him and Snively (it's a long story) organic. In that same story, they also turned Sonic and Tails into Mechas to fight them for the sake a Mechanicals vs. Organics showoff on the BEM's part.

can we all admit that the aliens used to derobotized mobius was a dumb idea?

Eh, I can agree with that. The BEM were basically a race of Mary Sues, if that's even possible.

Honestly, I'm kind of curious if roboticization is even a thing anymore.

In the original four-issue Genesis arc, Eggman just had robots powered by animals (as he does in the games), rather than robots transformed from animals. I wonder if this change will carry over to the new post-Genesis Wave setup.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

Honestly, I'm kind of curious if roboticization is even a thing anymore.   Like, in the original Genesis arc, Eggman just had robots powered by animals (as he does in the games), rather than robots transformed from animals. I wonder if this change will carry over to the new post-Genesis Wave setup.
It is according to the #253 spoilers: only reason Axel the Water Buffalo still listens to Eggman is 'cos he'll be roboticized if he doesn't. Although whether it still has the same meaning here is debatable.

Eh, I can see a possibility. Robotnik's a smart man, and Robo-Robotnik would arguably be moreso in regards to robotics given that he was such a construct himself. He could have made the shells to such a specification that they all were registered by the roboticiser as "his original body", as long as it didn't discriminate by how much it matched visually. Such tech wouldn't be as readily available to the FFs, hence why it wasn't an option to Bunnie.

And while we do have the term back, Mechano (nice to see you back BTW), we don't know how it'll work yet. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Eh, I can see a possibility. Robotnik's a smart man, and Robo-Robotnik would arguably be moreso in regards to robotics given that he was such a construct himself. He could have made the shells to such a specification that they all were registered by the roboticiser as "his original body", as long as it didn't discriminate by how much it matched visually. Such tech wouldn't be as readily available to the FFs, hence why it wasn't an option to Bunnie.

Hmm...I could see that working out, I suppose. Eggman is pretty crafty, after all.

All this talk of the re-written world makes me wonder if Overlanders still exist or if they're all just humans now. There's probably no reason to change that, but still.

Edited by Potada

Don't forget the process of putting animals inside robots is robotization, as opposed of turning animals into robots, which is roboticization.

How is it written in the comic, again?

I know they explained it all, and they even showed it happening, right up to aliens turning him human again and all... but I find it far more credible that - hey - Eggman was always Eggman, and never had to be a human-turned-robot-turned-other-robot-turned-human-again to get that way.

But thats the thing though, Eggman is still the human-turned-robot-turned-other-robot-turned-human-again, he wasn't effected by the Genesis Waves he even got his memories back of the 1st one when nobody else really did.

I don't care about Hope, but I am worried about the Sinvely/Regina storyline. I was really interested in where that would go, but now it seems very likely it was rebooted with everything else.

But Hope never did anything both postitive and negative in nature, it would kind of suck if she got X'd out without doing something important. she was allways just a storyline waiting to be used :\

Eh, I can agree with that. The BEM were basically a race of Mary Sues, if that's even possible.

The echidnas during the Penders era kinda were like that

But thats the thing though, Eggman is still the human-turned-robot-turned-other-robot-turned-human-again, he wasn't effected by the Genesis Waves he even got his memories back of the 1st one when nobody else really did.

What's with the classic Eggman in Sonic's memories then?

I'd say that Eggman - being the one who rewrote reality - kept his memories of his previous existence, but still had his entire life's history changed along with everyone else's. So even if he remembers being Julian, the universe was reset so that he never actually was.

We don't know to what effect Eggman was infected by the wave. Ian has hinted on his board that it'll come later in the story though.