Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

if your thinking about why would Ben spoil that? that would get him into trouble with Archie

Perhaps, if it's true, he didn't think it was a spoiler.

Consider this; while the artists are heavily involved in the layouts and the general creativity, they're not particularly involved in the stages after that (ie lettering, finishing, shipment, and everything else after art).

Case in point; when SSSM#7 was released, the one responsible for pencils (I think, might have been inks or colours. But in this scenario it's a negligible difference) didn't even know that the cover had been changed until the fans told them. He'd have gone straight to working on other things after finishing their part of the cover, and wasn't privy to the changes afterwards.

In the scenario involving Bates, he was the cover artist for #256. He'd probably be told information to keep him up to speed, like how Sally was revealed to be on a mission in #252 and whatever she does in #256. Maybe he thought that the fact Sally was a cyborg would have been revealed by now ("Sally no longer a robot?!" might have once been more specific), so thought that someone who thought she was all flesh and blood was merely getting their wires crossed, not knowing that the information had since been withheld to be revealed in a later issue.

Of course, this is just using the hypothesis = true case. If hypothesis = false, then he just said it for shits and giggles.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Maybe. Im going to guess and say he was shown the redesigns and decided to make that massive cover only knowing small things like who is going to appear in what issue or an idea of whats happening. kinda like how Tracy drew those covers for endangered species even though he really didnt know what the arc was going to be about, We shall just wait and see

Oh, Tracey knew what the arc was going to be about when he started them (hence why #245 had Lien-Da be the one controlling the metal whips originally), he just got informed of the changes to the arc pretty last minute.

She's in a Sonic 2 Zone. But it's not Oil Ocean. 

From looking at whatever I can make out in this: 

It has to be either Metropolis Zone or Chemical Plant Zone. 

Can you tell which it is in this VEDJ-F?

Edited by Sparky

New cover

SMMconexcl.jpg

based off this

sonic_megaman_and_the_8_robot_masters_te

Edited by Dejimon11
  • Thumbs Up 2

Cool, I guess. 

Though it's a bit cluttered, it's definitely more original and eye-catching than the last convention-exclusive cover which was just the teaser image from last year (the one with Sonic's shoes and Mega Man's helmet).

New cover

SMMconexcl.jpg

based off this

sonic_megaman_and_the_8_robot_masters_te

honestly, I think its rather cool, though I am waiting for the next cover and synopsis(and to read 253 myself :()

it kinda makes me worried. The reason why Trunks24 made that sketch was because he saw Megabeatman's review and that kinda seems like a fan request more than anything 

Ordered #253 on Sunday, hoping to be getting it tomorrow or Thursday. Coincidentally, MM #29 is set to release on my birthday, the 9th of October! :D

it kinda makes me worried. The reason why Trunks24 made that sketch was because he saw Megabeatman's review and that kinda seems like a fan request more than anything

Why would that worry you? he showed it to Archie who then showed it to SEGA who liked and approved of it (with minor altercations).

What, you think Trunks24 is going to start submitting Original The Character sketches to Archie or something? hes not that dumb, he waited along time for this opportunity he ain't gonna screw it up.

Why would that worry you? he showed it to Archie who then showed it to SEGA who liked and approved of it (with minor altercations).What, you think Trunks24 is going to start submitting Original The Character sketches to Archie or something? hes not that dumb, he waited along time for this opportunity he ain't gonna screw it up.
Good point. On a side note issue 253 comes this week has anybody seen any previews?

I have, and I cant wait to read the full thing[/quote Link please or better yet post them here

I meant actual previews not spoilers cc14 post XD thanks though