Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Chaos ensues as the girls interact in a friendly mann--I mean, as the world blows up.

sth_256-0.png

sth_256-1.png

sth_256-2.png

sth_256-3.png

sth_256-4.png

sth_256-5.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Got mine through the comic app this morning

I did really enjoy the issue and the fact that Sally's secret weapon has to do with the shield guards she had as a robot seems logical. I would have liked it if Sonic had to choose between the two or even if the dual memory charge only affected the one. How this could affect their memories may be brought up in later issues. I glass about the reunion and I'm guessing this will by the reaction that in the new timeline there was no history between Sonic and Sally. Really excited for the next issue

:)

I read 256, and wow, the double page at the end is amazing! Also, did anyone else notice Omochao?

Staff Edit: We're not ones to condone piracy, so I edited out the site source. Please be mindful of this as you post in this thread.

Loving the new issue.

I am wondering just how much Sally remembers of being Mecha Sally and if it's going to effect her later on.

I've been doing a bit of catch up as some of you know, the most recent issues I have are #253 and #57.

Gotta say each time I get back into the comics it surprises me with how much it's changed. It really is a lot more enjoyable and well.. "Sonicy" since the Penders tenure. I love the bigger focus on SEGA-Sonic characters too, the lack of characters like Blaze for so long really bugged me back then.

All I remember from the Penders tenure was everything being either really complicated and pretentious or overly focused on dramas of family and romance.

• Thumbs Up 4

Gotta say each time I get back into the comics it surprises me with how much it's changed. It really is a lot more enjoyable and well.. "Sonicy" since the Penders tenure. I love the bigger focus on SEGA-Sonic characters too, the lack of characters like Blaze for so long really bugged me back then.

All I remember from the Penders tenure was everything being either really complicated and pretentious or overly focused on dramas of family and romance.

Ditto! It always annoyed me how characters like Blaze, Cream and Silver were never introduced properly until Sonic Universe and there were so many complicated arcs about unimportant OC's and DRAMA and RELATIONSHIPS! And who can forget the disaster that was Play on Playa? ><

I'm going to miss some of the OC's like Lien-Da, Mina and Finitevus (that is if the latter two aren't ever coming back) and it's a bloody nuisance we had 20 years of comic history all down the drain. But I think Archie Sonic needed a fresh start. The artwork is better now, the story and characters are more Sonicy and I'm looking forward to how the story will be done this time around. If it's less soap opera and more Sonic action, then I'm all for it!

• Thumbs Up 7

I'll definitely miss Mina if she's gone, but I'm happy that Nicole is safe at least. Nicole is easily my favourite Archie OC.

It'd be nice if some of those "missing" OCs that people liked could return someday as side characters once things have calmed down.

EDIT: Speaking of SEGA-Sonic characters I noticed that a lot of characters are mentioning Eggman Nega but I don't think he's actually appeared at all. Can they still not use him or are they setting up some overarcing plot stuff?

Also do we know any characters who *definitely* aren't returning yet besides Penders' usual suspects? I've been hearing things like the characters in secret freedom fighters won't return which is kinda a shame seeing as they only just introduced them and stuff.

They still can't use eggman Nega. They keep referring to him as Dr. Nega as a way of getting past the radar as for the characters they can or can't use it's way to early to tell

I'll definitely miss Mina if she's gone, but I'm happy that Nicole is safe at least. Nicole is easily my favourite Archie OC.

Nicole's SatAM. But her lynx form and overall characterization is Archie exclusive if you wanna get really technical.

Anyway, on the subject of the multiverse collapsing, I can tell you there's evidence elsewhere in the book suggesting Scourge is still safe: the single letter published in Sonic Grams has the writer signing off as "Scourge's #1 Fan".

They still can't use eggman Nega. They keep referring to him as Dr. Nega as a way of getting past the radar as for the characters they can or can't use it's way to early to tell

He was called "Dr. Eggman Nega in PPP.

Well, thats peculiar

just read the issue, and I am getting a very Shard/neo metal sonic vibe from this metal sonic... perhaps hes not even the main metal sonic perhaps?

Well, thats peculiar

just read the issue, and I am getting a very Shard/neo metal sonic vibe from this metal sonic... perhaps hes not even the main metal sonic perhaps?

The only vibe I got was just Neo Metal Sonic, wanting to prove that he is the superior, real, Sonic.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, heres an idea, Eggman has memories of the old timeline, so what if he decides to try and make a new shard to torment the freedom fighters, but of course bugs up the programming

I hadn't even noticed that Sally has red fur matching her hair/stripe on her eyelids as a sort of marking or pseudo eye shadow until now. Wonder how often that'll be accidentally coloured wrong.

At least now I can fully form the review for the arc.

Edit: Sorry for the dissection here, but they're basically unrelated questions so eh.

It'd be nice if some of those "missing" OCs that people liked could return someday as side characters once things have calmed down.

I...wouldn't hold your breath. Not when Ian has said that what's cut won't be put back into the comic even if circumstances change.

EDIT: Speaking of SEGA-Sonic characters I noticed that a lot of characters are mentioning Eggman Nega but I don't think he's actually appeared at all. Can they still not use him or are they setting up some overarcing plot stuff?

Eggman Nega is as off-limits as ever. Ian has confirmed that at a livestream that occured after he was mentioned in the comic.

Also do we know any characters who *definitely* aren't returning yet besides Penders' usual suspects? I've been hearing things like the characters in secret freedom fighters won't return which is kinda a shame seeing as they only just introduced them and stuff.

Not 100%, no. But we're making speculation (and I would go so far as to say sensible speculation) based on what's been seen so far and what Ian and other staff have said on the matter.

A lot of this has "Ian said" somewhere in it. How weird.

Edit 2, but it's far more of a spoiler;

If the first thing that comes to mind when talking about time and dimension movement is Blaze and Silver for Sally, it suggests that not a lot of that occurs in the new reality. Huh.

I hadn't even noticed that Sally has red fur matching her hair/stripe on her eyelids as a sort of marking or pseudo eye shadow until now. Wonder how often that'll be accidentally coloured wrong.

At least now I can fully form the review for the arc.

Edit: Sorry for the dissection here, but they're basically unrelated questions so eh.

I...wouldn't hold your breath. Not when Ian has said that what's cut won't be put back into the comic even if circumstances change.

Eggman Nega is as off-limits as ever. Ian has confirmed that at a livestream that occured after he was mentioned in the comic.

Not 100%, no. But we're making speculation (and I would go so far as to say sensible speculation) based on what's been seen so far and what Ian and other staff have said on the matter.

A lot of this has "Ian said" somewhere in it. How weird.

Edit 2, but it's far more of a spoiler;

If the first thing that comes to mind when talking about time and dimension movement is Blaze and Silver for Sally, it suggests that not a lot of that occurs in the new reality. Huh.

Well... Aside from Sonic CD, Sonic '06, Sonic Rivals Rush Adventure 2, Sonic Generations, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3k, Sonic 4, Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Heroes, etc.

Let me ask this: Of all the characters who may or may not come back, which have the best shot of coming back?

Let me ask this: Of all the characters who may or may not come back, which have the best shot of coming back?

Shard, Nack, Mighty, and Ray(those last three are givens), but who else who knows sadly

Well... Aside from Sonic CD, Sonic '06, Sonic Rivals Rush Adventure 2, Sonic Generations, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3k, Sonic 4, Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Heroes, etc.

In terms of characters, that can mentioned, that are famous for being from alternate dimensions and time? There's pretty much only Blaze and Silver.

Because let's face it, Fang isn't famous for being a dimension hopper.

In terms of characters, that can mentioned, that are famous for being from alternate dimensions and time? There's pretty much only Blaze and Silver.

Because let's face it, Fang isn't famous for being a dimension hopper.

There is still the fact that he is, though.

The only characters I can see returning are from either the gameverse, original characters for this new thing (which I doubt will happen that frequently anytime soon), and a few random exceptions. I do want to see a retooled Mina and Finitevus return, but I'm worried they won't appear.

Shard, Nack, Mighty, and Ray(those last three are givens), but who else who knows sadly

Thrash, bow and the Mercian Freedom Fighters, the killer whale dude( what's his name), the baron, mitilda etc basically every SEGA character and Ian character that isn't from 30 years later

There is still the fact that he is, though.

But he's not famous for it. We wouldn't know if it weren't for the manuals telling us, and the cast themselves probably wouldn't know at all.

Thrash, bow and the Mercian Freedom Fighters, the killer whale dude( what's his name), the baron, mitilda etc basically every SEGA character and Ian character that isn't from 30 years later

That's not quite true on the Ian front. Diesel was his character and he's still gone, Beau and Matilda haven't shown up yet so we can't be certain if they were affected by the ultra safe approach, and Ian made family for SEGA characters that are probably gone too. Also Edmund because he was an off-shoot of M:XYL even though he wasn't in those stories himself.

That's not quite true on the Ian front. Diesel was his character and he's still gone

Do we know for sure Diesel is gone or why?

I really do hope Matilda returns though :c

Do we know for sure Diesel is gone or why?

I really do hope Matilda returns though :c

Given Axel is stationed where Diesel was, then yes.

And Diesel is a bear biker, which were introduced by Penders, though not Diesel himself.

And whereas Ian spoke up when Ahklut was MIA to clear up where he had gone, he never said a word on Diesel.