Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I think this plot decided to walk everywhere it could.

SonicUniv%2363.jpg

SonicUniv%2363var.jpg

YES the return of Nack and Team Hooligan! I was hoping for that... Now I am starting to think this may be the arc Mighty and Ray are returning in as well

Also hard to tell if thats a Chaos, or Sol Emerald, or a Time Stone  wait there is a tip, so it is a chaos emerald

Nack/Fang is back! (Which name does he go by in the comics again?) Also, with Dark Gaia being here...

At the end of all this, do you think we'll have a Super Sonic vs Dark Gaia fight?

Really like the chibi cover! Oh, also got my copy of #256 today in the mail. =D

Nack/Fang is back! (Which name does he go by in the comics again?) Also, with Dark Gaia being here...

At the end of all this, do you think we'll have a Super Sonic vs Dark Gaia fight?]

Really like the chibi cover! Oh, also got my copy of #256 today in the mail. =D

Generaly hes reffered to as Nack the Fanged Sniper

Also anybody get the feeling the two teams might have to team up... and I am curious about how Mighty and Ray will figure into this

Generaly hes reffered to as Nack the Fanged Sniper

Also anybody get the feeling the two teams might have to team up... and I am curious about how Mighty and Ray will figure into this

Ah, I see! Thanks for the response!

Also Charmy is confirmed to be 6 in the comics now.

So we can laugh at Charmy being weird now rather than cringe sadly?

Also I'm all for Chaotix doing more detective stuff. Here's hoping they make it a proper business like in the games/Sonic X so they can break out the generic sidekick squad role.

Well, looks like we'll be getting a really interesting take on the events of Sonic Unleashed, with Fang thrown into the mix and Knuckles teaming up with the Chaotix. Quick question, is the storyline supposed to be "The Great Chaotix Caper" or "The Great Chaos Caper"? The covers say one thing, but the solicits say something else. Either way, it seems like all the game characters that appeared in the book prior to the crossover/reboot are now accounted for.

Well, looks like we'll be getting a really interesting take on the events of Sonic Unleashed, with Fang thrown into the mix and Knuckles teaming up with the Chaotix. Quick question, is the storyline supposed to be "The Great Chaotix Caper" or "The Great Chaos Caper"? The covers say one thing, but the solicits say something else. Either way, it seems like all the game characters that appeared in the book prior to the crossover/reboot are now accounted for.

Hmm, guess that is true, with Nack on this cover, and Flynn's words about Mighty and Ray returning as well(perhaps in this arc?!) Just cant wait to see the other 2 in action again! and Nack too of course, wonder how he will look in the comic itself... Though Mighty and Ray are bigger question marks on wheter or not they will get redesigns(again)

It's Chaos Caper.

Woo Nack!! I'm glad he is still in. The flashback have me hope but now it's confirmed. Team Hooligan reunited too, can't wait! That chibi cover is sweet, will have to make sure to get both covers. So do you guys think Unleashed has happened? Or is this an Unleashed arc? Cause Sonic would have known about the dark energy and the feral thing if it had wouldn't he?

• Thumbs Up 1

While Colors may have already happened, I don't believe Unleashed has. Which makes sense, as it's the best and easiest way to introduce the new world the series takes place in.

Woo Nack!! I'm glad he is still in. The flashback have me hope but now it's confirmed. Team Hooligan reunited too, can't wait! That chibi cover is sweet, will have to make sure to get both covers. So do you guys think Unleashed has happened? Or is this an Unleashed arc? Cause Sonic would have known about the dark energy and the feral thing if it had wouldn't he?

I'm under the impression Unleashed hasn't happened in this universe yet; as you said, Sonic would've already known about all this stuff from his new memories. Everything seems to point toward stuff like Dark Gaia, "Mystery Gas," and all that stuff being fairly new to everyone (for example, while Chuck seemed concerned about Sonic inhaling the gas, he didn't know what sort of effect it would have on him).

While Colors may have already happened, I don't believe Unleashed has. Which makes sense, as it's the best and easiest way to introduce the new world the series takes place in.

Yeah pretty much also well see professor pickle

Yeah I'm still not too chuffed about other humans besides Eggman and Snivley being around. I mean it makes sense and they would have to have come from somewhere, some civilization. But the ones in the games as well as previously post adventure in the comics kind of seemed out of place.

I liked the Overlander idea originally, the ones that were at war with the anthros, who had their own kinda kingdom or whatever that Julian got banished from. But then turning them into the Station Square people and G.U.N etc from the games etc never sat well with me. Probably cause I never liked them in the games much either. Just makes Sonic and crew seem very out of place surrounded by humans yet the humans don't seem to think they are odd or out of place even tho you never see any animal kingdoms or other random anthros in the games.

I digress, probably best suited for discussion on one of the other topics rather than the Archie one anyway.

I think the human concept in the games was fine. The problem is they needed to back it with generic anthros/Mobians (I still hate using that term; would be nice if there was an official name for them) running around as well. I especially hate the change of making the humans fully cartoony; SA/SA2/ShtH looked fine, but I didn't like the Unleashed style (06 may have been too realistic as well). I didn't mind their look in Chronicles either, though; a bit more cartoony than the Adventures but not over-the-top cartoony like Unleashed.

Anyway... yay, Fang. Still would love to see Fang return in the games, out of all possible characters that could return he'd have the greatest potential (my favorite return would be Tikal though... :P).

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually the whole "having lots of humans and little to no animals" is a Japan thing.

Down there they treat anthro characters as children only up to the uncanny valley because it enters in the whole "Aaaah it's something that tries too hard to be human" and all.

This is actually illustrated well with the difference between the american sonic cartoons and Sonic X: one side has a lot of anthro characters and very few humans, and the other have a shitload of humans, to the point of having a boy going around with the heroes, supposedly for it to not look that "childish" or "disturbing" in Japan's eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally got my copy of 256 in the mail today. Is it me, or do Terry Austin's inks seem to clash with Yardley!'s pencils more than usual in this issue? The angular lines and "gaps" present in his inking style just seem more conspicuous this time around.

Also, I have to say that Sally's redesign is officially my favorite out of all the Freedom Fighters now. It's so much sleeker, tighter, and more pleasing to the eye, not to mention more consistent with the games' style of characters. I love her new bracelet weapons, too.

Oh, and

"Sonic the Hedgehog: He Does This Sort of Thing All the Time." I got a chuckle out of that.

You know, I really just can't stop looking through Sonic #256. I just really did enjoy the ending to Countdown to Chaos, maybe a bit more than I thought I would of enjoyed it. 

Sonic The Hedgehog #256 spoiler pictures below

The issue had really great moments as well. The moments that I really liked the most and ended up taking pictures of them were these 3. 

1064693_625211250847901_70416703_o.jpg

Seriously, it was like Sally was really trolling Metal Sonic here. I just can't help but love for expression that she makes towards him when she dodge his attack. XD

1536555_625216620847364_1319555431_n.jpg

Girl Power! BAM! It's just really nice to finally see these two working together, especially after seeing how Mecha Sally was going to tell Amy that they were never friends and whatnot, and it probably was a bit hard for Amy to fight against someone she consider a friend (even though said friend has turned into a robot with no free will...)

1532087_625239164178443_368368220_n.jpg

Our favorite blue blur hero shows up to finish the job! I really thought Sonic was just cool here, especially when he kicked Metal Sonic head into the dirt like it was nothing. 

Anyways, with Countdown to Chaos finally over, and we're done introducing the main Freedom Fighters back to everyone, really can't wait to read through the future stories in this new world! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 4

If Nack's involved, please let him have a hand in the Unleashed main story. It'd be a subtle nod to that rumour that he was in Unleashed before it came out.

• Thumbs Up 1

That was a pretty decent rumor as far as rumors go, it didn't sound too far fetched at the time, especially after the Chaotix being repurposed in the previous game and with people still trying to swallow the Warehog shock. Strike while the iron is hot and....believable I guess.

If he ends up getting hired to hunt the Warehog it would be a nice touch and a nod to said rumor. Tho it looks like he's after the Chaos Emeralds again.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Nack's involved, please let him have a hand in the Unleashed main story. It'd be a subtle nod to that rumour that he was in Unleashed before it came out.

That was a pretty decent rumor as far as rumors go, it didn't sound too far fetched at the time, especially after the Chaotix being repurposed in the previous game and with people still trying to swallow the Warehog shock. Strike while the iron is hot and....believable I guess.

If he ends up getting hired to hunt the Warehog it would be a nice touch and a nod to said rumor. Tho it looks like he's after the Chaos Emeralds again.

Heh, I agree with both of these, but whos to say the hunt for the werehog doesnt happen because of the emeralds?

Speaking of the Emeralds, where are they after the Crossover? Are they still functioning or are they drained and completely black as night, like in the game?

Will Chip make a appearance in the comic?

Actually the whole "having lots of humans and little to no animals" is a Japan thing.

Down there they treat anthro characters as children only up to the uncanny valley because it enters in the whole "Aaaah it's something that tries too hard to be human" and all.

This is actually illustrated well with the difference between the american sonic cartoons and Sonic X: one side has a lot of anthro characters and very few humans, and the other have a shitload of humans, to the point of having a boy going around with the heroes, supposedly for it to not look that "childish" or "disturbing" in Japan's eyes.

Actually, I don't think it's a country thing.

The US has its fair share of lots of humans little to no animals when it comes to things like Ninja Turtles, Animated Mighty Ducks, and a number of Tex Avery or Warner Bros cartoon shorts that have the humans outnumber the anthros and no one bats an eye (well, except for those like the Ninja Turtles example).

looking at Ken's page. He was talking to Michael Gallagher as he needs HIS permission to use him. I wonder how that will turn out.

What characers has Gallagher done?

Might as well expect those characters gone if he agrees to anything.

What characers has Gallagher done?

Might as well expect those characters gone if he agrees to anything.

Athair and the Downunda Freedom Fighters come to mind (he wrote the "Tails" mini-series if I remember correctly), though I'm sure Gallagher created plenty more before Penders took the reins.

I would think those characters would've been gone anyway. Out of curiosity, do we know if other authors did step in and start claiming characters after Penders did? I know Shaw made claim to his artwork and wanted reprint royalties for that stuff (is that still going on?), but I can't recall other authors actually filing copyrights. We get really caught up in who created who, but are they actually owned by those creators currently? I suppose if Penders has to get Gallagher's OK for a character, it's possible, but it's the first I'd heard about other authors making claims to what they created. EDIT: Though it's also possible the characters Archie axed from the book with the reboot could have defaulted back to their creators, that seems unlikely, and would be a pretty pointless gesture on Archie's part since no one is making money from reprints or anything.

Edited by Zaysho