Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

If I was Gallagher, personally, I wouldn't be trusting Penders, old work mate or not. The fact he claimed Evil Sonic and Robo Robotnik were his just cause of differing personalities to the game and original comic counterparts, that alone would have me vary wary of letting him use any of my stuff in a printed work or otherwise. Even with a contract drawn up. That and the fact he is very trigger happy with all this court nonsense trying to collect money from anything that has a remote connection to stuff he drew or wrote.

That and the guys current track record with his own projects. They don't seem to get very far >.<

If they are axed tho I will kinda miss the Down Under Freedom Fighters. Kinda since they never showed up very much.

So with Unleasehed being adapted (desit } Tails Sky Patrol characters a short another time another place strip earlier on bk in 170ish) does tjis potentially mean in the future as this is reboot The Dark Brotherhood story could be done? Or you think theyre holding off until Sega & EA destroy penders?

With Mighty & Ray appearing again iam cool to see the reveal as itll be something to look forward to :-).

Will Thrash & Sparrow the hawk be coming back? Along with the Battle Bird Amarda?

If were going by characters appearing in the comics from the games this leaves only

Emerl

Gemerl

Wndy Witchcraft

Bearanger } Tails Sky Patrol characters

Wolflucke

carrota } Tails Sky Patrol characters

Mephilis

who have yet to appear (nin cameo role)

I'd also love it if Archie managed to contact Chris Senn and work with him and ask Sega to see if they can create/adapt a Sonuc X-treme storyline I know itll never happen but that be soo cool to see what couldve been as Tiara would be in the comic and X-Treme was to have 2 new characters in the form of a mouse & pic (character models exist somewhere on the net)

I'd also love it if Archie managed to contact Chris Senn and work with him and ask Sega to see if they can create/adapt a Sonuc X-treme storyline I know itll never happen but that be soo cool to see what couldve been as Tiara would be in the comic and X-Treme was to have 2 new characters in the form of a mouse & pic (character models exist somewhere on the net)

Huh...I never really thought of that. That could be a really interesting idea. To have the story adapted into some form of Sonic media and make it kinda cannon at least in the comics continuity would be pretty rad actually.

Personally I liked the "dark chaos emerald/entities" version of the story with Knuckles, Tails and Eggman being held captive and Sonic having to rescue them. And we could do without any more princesses or characters having love interests in Sonic, aka Tiara. Tho she was Chris's pride and joy so I imagine if they did ask for permission to turn it into an arc that he would want her in it. Sega I imagine would want Professor Pickle in it rather than Boobowski too. Or maybe use the captured planets script and have the "Mips" be the new Nerbs, go for a Colours pseudo sequel type feel.

Adapting Xtreme is a pretty nifty idea tho, maybe someone should try running it past Ian (as if he doesn't have enough to think about currently haha).

Doesn't Sonic hate water? Seems like a bad place for him to be in really. What's with the shark dude wearing the teeth of his own kind...kinda creepy. Unless they are his old ones..which would kinda be just as creepy >.<

Doesn't Sonic hate water? Seems like a bad place for him to be in really. What's with the shark dude wearing the teeth of his own kind...kinda creepy. Unless they are his old ones..which would kinda be just as creepy >.<

Maybe his culture are the kind who wear the teeth of their enemies as a trophy.

That or they're shoes.

Nah, they're blob feet.

Blob feet is what the new universe is running with. I recall a character earlier in the arc was shown with them, have a feeling it was Bunnie.

Edit: No it wasn't. How could I be so dense as to forget that new-Muttski was wearing sandals?

Man I hate this whole "can't use this or that character!" thing, I would be ok if it was literally just Penders' characters but the Downunda Freedom Fighters and way more? I loved those guys 8( And I always enjoyed the little continuity references of having old characters return like Larry Lynx..

I hope things settle down eventually and they get to use more old characters again without worry, I have to admit I'd be sad if the Downunda Freedom Fighters never got to appear again, easily my favourite non-Knothole Freedom Fighting team. It's obviously not all SEGA because these new characters like shark boy over there keep turning up.

While Sonic and the Freedom Fighters race to find the Chaos Emeralds and Gaia Temples

YES! YES! UNLEASHED ADAPTATION HERE WE COME

I find it kind surprising that they're coming up with all these new Sonic-like OC characters, wonder if this will catch tons of ire or not.

Not really, since it's really no different from all the previous OC's the comic has introduced.

but doesn't that mean that they WILL catch some shit though?

but doesn't that mean that they WILL catch some shit though?

Haven't we established that people will complain about anything? Heck there are some people that complain about SEGA made characters(deadly six come to mind)

That's common with Evan Stanley's work. I don't really understand it either.

Hmm a sneaky reference to GOTF? I thought it was part of his Emerald Guardian role, yknow with the shiny necklace, ear piercings and mummy-wrapped feet?

Upon close inspection of her other stuff, I think it's just meant to be shadow from where his upper-eye overlaps his eye lids/eyeballs.

She seems to still draw it a lot in her Archie work. It's not consistent either.

These are all from the same issue:

87lk.jpg

3h3t.jpg

bgoc.jpg

21pz.jpg

I was referring to Mambo there, Panda. D:

For the Sonic under eye thing, it just looks especially out of place on the cover.