Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

And now Sonic Universe #62 spoilers will begin to slowly ebb out. Here's a couple I've picked up to start with;

-Shadow spends quite a while in the ringless (ie taking the wrist rings off state).

-Black Death dies, Eclipse survives 

-There's a apparently a woman guarding the Master Emerald while Knuckles is on his mission, although the issue apparently doesn't say who.

• Thumbs Up 5

That last part about Knuckles was not something I expected.  I take it this wasn't a pink echidna with a laser?

Any idea when I'll be able to get SU #62? I have to get my comics via Comixology, because the only comics shop I know doesn't stock anything by Archie. :/

Is the woman a human or echidna/Mobian?

Also... how do I make spoilers on this board?

Here you go :)

Any idea when I'll be able to get SU #62? I have to get my comics via Comixology, because the only comics shop I know doesn't stock anything by Archie. :/

It should be out digital today, I think. But I don't use comixology, so I am not sure how they do it there ususally.

It sucks right :( My comic book store sells very few sonic comics, only Sonic Universe 1-4. But I have them and are more interested in the new ones released only in USA. The newly released issues there won't be in my shop for years or never.

---

Happy Big spoiler for people who like Eclipse! Like me "cough"

According to the FanMail page at Issue 62, Its seems Eclipse will have his own story or atleast it is already planned a story with him again in the future....

Anyway can't wait to get my hands on the last issue :D

• Thumbs Up 2

That spoiler certainly grabbed my attention.  I'm actually hoping he'll be the main character if that happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

That spoiler certainly grabbed my attention.  I'm actually hoping he'll be the main character if that happens.

Indeed!

biggrin.png Am glad, Archie confirmed already that we've will see more of Eclipse in the future! Seeing him as the main character would be cool! Wondering If the future story will have a deeper look at his backstory or him wanting to avenge Black Death's death (xD) Or him still keen on turning Shadow over to the dark side...Who knows. I can't wait" biggrin.png I think Eclipse is such a interesting character because he doesn't seems like a typically evil villian who just want to kill of the hero.

• Thumbs Up 2

Same here wink.png  I know people have kept on saying he just looks like a fan character, but I honestly don't care, since I don't really look at fan characters anyway.

Also, sorry, but I can't seem to quote any posts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eclipse getting his own story? Ugh, don't know how to feel about that.

Don't get me wrong, I like Eclipse, but to put such plans on the table so soon is odd. I'd have given it a couple of years after more of the new world was in place.

It should be out digital today, I think. But I don't use comixology, so I am not sure how they do it there ususally.

It sucks right sad.png My comic book store sells very few sonic comics, only Sonic Universe 1-4. But I have them and are more interested in the new ones released only in USA. The newly released issues there won't be in my shop for years or never.

No sign of it yet, but it is only 6:54 am on the East Coast as I type this, so hopefully it'll be available later. I wonder if I can get Comixology to alert me when comics I want are available... I bet I can...

EDIT: Well, I can't exactly get alerts, but I can subscribe, which will mean I'll receive alerts when the next issues are available. I figure I may as well subscribe, because I'll be buying them anyway, and it only comes to about £3.60 a month for both books. 

It's interesting that she's a female character... I hope she is not Knuckles' girlfriend, that's one of the reasons why I hated Julie-Su, but most likely it won't be the case now.

As for Eclipse... I would be totally happy if the new arc was about the duality between Shadow and Eclipse, in a different context.

Me thinkith Ian's been on these forums too damn much and reading all my posts on Knuckles given what I'm reading.

Also regarding Eclipse. Yeah, kinda knew he was gonna stick around. 

I don't know about you guys, but while I don't think Eclipse is a bad character, he comes off as a bit like Mephiles to me as far as being made as Shadow's...well, shadow. 

Mainly that he comes off as very redundant for being similar to Shadow when Shadow was made to be similar to Sonic. Props on him being different and much more interesting (and competent) than Mephiles, but this stuff really makes me hate the mess that was brought in ShTH to the point that I want to shoot the game writers with a gun loaded with pencils. (not really, but you get what I mean) 

And I'm really indifferent about Eclipse staying around and having more of a story. The only thing I can remotely dislike about him is how his grimly arrogant personality is something I've been wanting for Shadow to balance his stoicism, not for another character to have. But I'm not self-centered enough rain on anyone's parade over their favorite characters staying around, so as long as the story he's in is interesting and he has a reason for being around, that's all that really matters to me as far as who present for it.  And if it sucks then that's the writer's damned fault. But with things being as they are right now, I'm thinking it'll be a while before we see Eclipse again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Me thinkith Ian's been on these forums too damn much and reading all my posts on Knuckles given what I'm reading.

And I suspect that he doesn't come on this forum at all. :/

/missing the joke

And I suspect that he doesn't come on this forum at all. :/

/missing the joke

He's probably a lurker. I've heard somewhere that he knows of these forums and has looked around, but I don't think he's a member here...

-There's a apparently a woman guarding the Master Emerald while Knuckles is on his mission, although the issue apparently doesn't say who.

Tikal? She still inhabits the Master Emerald somehow?

Or Rouge... because she wants to nick it herself?! :D

Just downloaded SU #62. I'll read it later, since I'm out now. Good to see thst digital releases are same day as in the shops though. :)

Just downloaded SU #62. I'll read it later, since I'm out now. Good to see thst digital releases are same day as in the shops though. smile.png

They're not. Digital release is a week before shop release. 

With any luck, this will be a situation where Knuckles and the unknown female character can rotate between the Master Emerald and being out on an adventure.

How do we know it's new? Because Ian had hinted there were plans for Tikal.

If it's Tikal, I hope that means Chaos will be coming back as well.

Wait, was this made just so fans can't complain about Knuckles leaving the ME unguarded every time he's on mission?

I hope it's not Tikal honestly, she's really boring for me. Shade maybe? Lol, that would troll Penders badly, but I'm 100% sure it's not gonna happen.

I'm willing to give spoilers once I get home, anyway. Don't feel quite comfortable reading this during work.