Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Wait, was this made just so fans can't complain about Knuckles leaving the ME unguarded every time he's on mission?

I hope it's not Tikal honestly, she's really boring for me. Shade maybe? Lol, that would troll Penders badly, but I'm 100% sure it's not gonna happen.

At least not yet, as far as Shade's concerned. Ian has said that the Sonic Chronicle's story was on the table to be made, and Fucking Penders is the only obstacle to why he can't do it yet (in addition to it not being chronologically there yet).

But still nice to see some people paying attention to it unlike a certain team. But then again, they've kept it in mind for a while, so I was never concerned with Archie ignoring the Master Emerald. Now's a matter of what makes this mission so important, and I'm betting it has something to do with the whole world being shattered (which makes sense considering everything's about to go to hell)...or maybe even Chip.

Fairly sure at this point that the person guarding the Master Emerald is either Tikal or maybe Amy- have we had any mention of her in the solicits over on the main comic, beyond The Chase?

Fairly sure at this point that the person guarding the Master Emerald is either Tikal or maybe Amy- have we had any mention of her in the solicits over on the main comic, beyond The Chase?

Yeah the latest cover description says that Amy is in waves of change

Okay, a couple more tidbits since full spoilers still aren't quite up;

-Yes, Eclipse does sort of transform to a more powerful form. Apparently it's only for a short time though. He also gets reluctant to leave to the point that Death's Eye has to drag him into an escape pod.

-Knuckles is in Sky Rail zone, and he sensed a faint energy. The context of the woman is this; he says that he hates leaving the Island, even if it does have [the woman] guarding it.

-He sees what he perceives as a shooting star approach the ground, although it's actually Eclipse's escape pod.

...Wow. I read the issue, and I really do love what Ian can do with characters.

He managed to turn these bland, out-of-place creatures into something I can actually get behind.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, Rouge was busy in the main story, so we know it's not her. Either Tikal or Shade most likely. Maybe Lupe?

Perhaps it's actually Dulcy? What else could she be used for? Though personally, I'm pulling for Tikal; she needs more love from the writers.

:P

Oh, now Lupe would be a novel way of getting round the problem, especially since she also has Mayincatec ties.

Perhaps it's actually Dulcy? What else could she be used for? Though personally, I'm pulling for Tikal; she needs more love from the writers.

tongue.png

By the sounds of what Ian said, he's still looking for a way to make Dulcy fit. She might not be for a good while yet.

As I said on BKC, I'm sure that woman is

Vanilla. In Sonic X she was guarding Angel Island, and it will give her a better role than "Cream's mother who's...just somewhere"

• Thumbs Up 1

Doubt it's possible. She's currently holed up in Mobotropolis for protection, and being so vulnerable she wouldn't be allowed to travel so far even if it was for Knuckles.

Unrelated to the above spoiler box comment.

Someone actually brought up the fact that SU#67-70 is called Total Eclipse.

Four months would be a ridiculous turnaround time.

Just remembered, this is the first of the After The Credits month, so there should be another page for the variant. Has anyone seen that yet?

That's likely only going to be for physical copies to force people to bolster comic shop sales. Wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait until next week for it.

Edit:

Awwww, Eclipse really does have a breakdown into a child mindset. That's...kinda unsettling.

Found some pics:

tumblr_n329agwEv71sop1xco1_500.png

Shouldn't known that was coming.

tumblr_n32bh5L5bf1r2tas1o1_500.png

Time to Battle... FOR SCIENCE

boy thats a fun one

• Thumbs Up 3

He's probably a lurker. I've heard somewhere that he knows of these forums and has looked around, but I don't think he's a member here...

That somewhere or someone is me. we chatted in the comment section of 1 of his journals once, he said he knows of both SSMB and Retro and lurks from time to time.

So yes he is aware of us and what we say, how much he lurks is uncertain but I doubt hes a member too but then again who knows....

Ian Flynn drew up a list of points for the mystery female.

Well, let's look at the facts:

- it can't be anyone related to the Nocturnus. Legal concerns aside, we're before "Chronicles"

- it can't be a new echidna because REASONS

- it can't be Tikal - how would a ghost guard the Master Emerald?

- it can't be Chaos - while arguably genderless, it's usually referred to as "he," and Knuckles says "she."

As for the rest of the speculation... [knowing smile]

Also whoever it is isn't a love interest for Rad Red.

Then it must either be Dulcy or a completely new character then.

For the new character, I'm placing my bets that it's Coral for the upcoming issues.

...Maybe. What did Ian say about using Tiara? I know he said it wasn't about her when he contacted Senn, and that SEGA does own Tiara, even if they never did anything about her...

Yeah, if worse comes to worse in the Great Purge and it really DOES turn out that everything non-SEGA, non-Flynn, Non-Cartoon is gone and the stuff from Karl, the Mikes, and the rest are gone, then the comics are definitely going to be getting some of the underused (or never officially used) characters from the SEGA cast to help expand the cast with the new OC's.

...You know, the ones that AREN'T caught up in some weird ass copyright stuff. coughEggmanNegacough (What IS the full deal on that, between SEGA JPN & SEGA USA?)

I think the thing with Nega is simply to prevent any confusion over origins (that somehow still persists even after Boom 2012). Basically, say Ian says Nega's from another dimension while Sonic Team solidify him as being from the future. Result = oops.

I'm likely wrong though.

Hm, well my first thought was Shade, but since that might be a problem, I guess I've got no clue as to whom is guarding the island right now. How very maddening that I have to wait until the end of April now to find out. Grr.

Honestly, didn't care over much for this story arc, but I'm looking forward to the next one. It's not a problem with the story itself; it's just, I really don't like Shadow.

My opinion on Shadow Fall? Well, considering I never played Shadow The Hedgehog, the game, itself (though I have seen the cutscenes on Youtube), I though it was fine making a sequel, even if only to help establish the games better into the new universe.

When I first started reading Sonic, it was around 120 and I hadn't read any of the past issues at the time. As a Nintendo kid, the only game I had played at the time was SA2 (and later SA1:DX) on Gamecube, so when I saw that they did a story line called Sonic Adventure 2.5... yeah, that was pretty much a huge disappointment. And when I found out they didn't even do a proper SA2 adaptation like what they (tried) to do with the first Adventure... :/

I thought the arc was fine. It helped with some of the new world building, and that's what's important (G.U.N., game continuity, some status of space). If this was done before the reboot, I'd probably be a little harder on it (you know, if they had ACTUALLY been able to do a ShTH adaptaion, they had some weird issues with the Black Arms). I'm looking forward more to the Chaotix Caper; both titles need to explore the world as quick as they can, and I hope they cover more ground per issue since Shadow Fall was mostly in the Black Comet in space.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the thing with Nega is simply to prevent any confusion over origins (that somehow still persists even after Boom 2012). Basically, say Ian says Nega's from another dimension while Sonic Team solidify him as being from the future. Result = oops.

I'm likely wrong though.

Iizuka's gone on record to say that the Rivals origin for him is the true one.  Thus he is indeed from the future.

Huh, then why introduce him as the bad guy in a game set in a different world, in the present?

Well, whatev. Surely, they'd just let Ian put him in the comic if they went with the "from the future" element right? It couldn't be more convoluted than the "Alternate Robo-Robotnik becomes Eggman" thing (though I am on record saying that was a foolish move on Ken & Karl's part). Just have Nega come to the past and terrorize the multiverse trying to build stuff for, like, Negaland. *shrugs*

^Do Off-Panels come with digital downloads?