Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

^Do Off-Panels come with digital downloads?

Yes, actually. The digital issues are no different from their print versions.

With the whole "After The Credits" thing, would there be one this month?

I didn't know that, apparently, digital subscribers don't have the option to get variant covers.

Yes, actually. The digital issues are no different from their print versions.

There's no off-panel in my download.

It ends on the after the credits scene, with Knuckles watching Eclipse's ship coming down.

I don't really mind, as long as none of the story is missing, but it'd be nice to see the letters and fanart page.

Iizuka's gone on record to say that the Rivals origin for him is the true one.  Thus he is indeed from the future.

I think the thing with Nega is simply to prevent any confusion over origins (that somehow still persists even after Boom 2012). Basically, say Ian says Nega's from another dimension while Sonic Team solidify him as being from the future. Result = oops.

I'm likely wrong though.

That's what I said :U

• Thumbs Up 1

Well if we going into already existing various sonic related characters there are only 4, well really 3 that could be a possibility:

Honey, Lupe, Dulcy(somewhat unlikely), or tiara.... ought to be interesting to find out

say any word on the Other after the credits scene?

Also, we got proper confirmation that Sonic's name is Sonic in the new reality, as opposed to Whatchamacallit Ogilvie Maurice Whatever.

It was obvious that was going to happen given that he legally changed his name in the old continuity anyway. But eh.

Also, we got proper confirmation that Sonic's name is Sonic in the new reality, as opposed to Whatchamacallit Ogilvie Maurice Whatever.

It was obvious that was going to happen given that he legally changed his name in the old continuity anyway. But eh.

Oh, good, Sonic's parents actually have some taste in this here new reality... that is, if they're even still a thing here anymore, anyway.

I enjoyed the issue, still wanna see that alternate after credits though

also, looks like they are setting up for an independent Black arms colony on earth, but the interesting thing is that the hive mind is essentialy dead, I could see them becoming potential eggman allies, possibly building a city-state, but we shall see

I enjoyed the issue, still wanna see that alternate after credits though

Here you go smile.png

tumblr_n33ymo4QLs1qckfxao1_500.jpg

Pumpkin Hill just got a new resident evil

• Thumbs Up 1

Here you go smile.png

tumblr_n33ymo4QLs1qckfxao1_500.jpg

Pumpkin Hill just got a new resident evil

The OTHER one, thats the only one that has been seen!

• Thumbs Up 1

I really enjoyed Shadow Fall. It was a good arc.

We'll see what happens with the next Knuckles arc. Knuckles is my third favorite character, behind Sonic and Shadow.

Spoilers for multiple issue spoilers.

...And more.

So I was able to find more information and confirmation in general in the early hours of this morning. I was too tired after to do anything, but now I can divulge on the stuff.

These three pieces are separate to the rest because they weren't said by Ian himself, but the commentors said that he's said them the day prior in other areas;
-Apparently Ken has threatened to outright sue if he ever sees Scourge in the comic again.
-Knuckles technically has two friends, really. There's the female and there's a guy as well. One's more of a friend of a friend, and one of them is a new character. The new character is the female presumably given that she's the original character (aside from saying that prior there, he also sort of said it when he said she wasn't a love interest for Knuckles so that adds up).
-Shard is still a 'maybe', so there's no issues with him.

The rest of this was from the horse's mouth, so to speak;
-The female isn't a guardian herself.
-Overlanders are gone.
-The Source of All is gone, but more because of the fact it diverted focus away from the Chaos Emeralds.
-Death's Eye is really dead. But most people thought that anyway.
-Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts are still confirmed, but no AoStH characters beyond that.
-Dulcy doesn't even have a design yet, her character is more of a long-term plan.
-NICOLE is not from the future in the new reality.
-We will revisit Naugus' dealio eventually.
-Nate Morgan pretty much confirmed to not be coming back. Sounded like it was more because of his character than legal circumstances.
-Ian really wants to reference Hawaiian Shadow.

-It sounds like he's planning some sort of light-hearted story with NICOLE.

-Ian's actually not sure if Nega is off-limits any more. He hasn't tried for a while.

-He's also not sure if he can use the ghosts from NotW.

-Ian still wants to use Thrash, he's just giving him some cool-down time after he was forced to act as Echidna Hitler (those words were his, not mine).

-The creative staff have been discouraged from putting in cameos of other SEGA IPs.

-He thinks Neo Metal Sonic's design is equal parts cool and goofy.

-He thought showing Tommy visibly being blown up was a moment where he went too far, as good as the moment was,

-He re-established that Uncle Beau's idea wasn't his. Given that this was in response to people asking about seeing Beau again, this reaffirms what he said on his Twitter.

-He has plans for lots of new world powers (well, it sounds more like more societies ala Echidnopolis. The underwater city in Waves of Change is just one of them. 

-Max, Mach and Sharps are still up for use. The person who asked barred Mina from the question so it's not an insight into her.

Also it seems what is said on 4chan generally stays on 4chan, so I'm technically being an infiltrator. I might have my neck on the line *shrug*

• Thumbs Up 4

Is Ken serious on that part with Scourage? (don't answer that) HAHAHA! Oh man, I know Archie wouldn't try it, but I would love for them to troll the fuck out of Ken and get payback on this case.

As far as the Overlanders are concerned, does that mean just the title being gone or does that include the overlander character being taken out with it? Because I REALLY want the Iron Queen back to fuck with the Eurish region.

The new world powers sound really interesting tho.

That's made me have a truck load of mixed feelings.  Anger at Penders (as usual) hope for Shard, peaked interest and just generally curious about darn near everything as of now.   A lot of the listed stuff that's gone doesn't make me unhappy though.  A lot of previous ideas I felt were just a bit too silly.

As much as I hate to ask, link on the "Penders'll sue for Scourge" line? I didn't see anything on his Twitter, and I refuse to go traversing in his forum without know what to look for.

The S6 were pretty much the only AoStH characters that people, myself included, want back. I doubt people will cry over Captain Rescue being left out in the cold, for example.

So Robotnik & Snively are human-human now; no more Overlanders? Well... good! Honestly, they stopped trying to distinguish the two LONG before Ian came on. Though it makes me wonder what the details of the Great War are now; I doubt they'll try to pull the "humanoids are brutish, evil, technological, warmongers" they did with the old Overlanders. And they could never keep those f***ing fingers straight. Just make Regina (if she comes back, fingers crossed) human and let it be done with. Kinda sad to hear that Nate won't be coming back, his life & death were really sad in a pathetic way. Wish he could have gotten better.

So Nicole isn't from the future anymore? Okay, so does this mean that Rotor (with or without King Max) built her? Or Tails? I doubt they'll do the planned SatAM "she's a digitized version of Sally's old dead friend" origin.

Come on Ian, try for the NotW Ghosts! They were funny! Hell, ask for Nega for an upcoming arc! This is getting long overdue!!!

...So, Beau's not coming back, even though Penders did jack beyond "Bunnie has an uncle". I guess this means Matilda is gone too right, didn't Penders "totally create/establish" her too? Sorry to ask again, but source please? I am just getting sick of this and need to see it from the man himself before I let the fatman's Pendering sink in.

And given how utterly f***ing useless the Source of All is, all I can say is GOOD FRIKKIN' RIDDANCE!

The source re: Scourge is even more nebulous than 4chan for once. He went to a stream of AoSTH and supposedly said some of that stuff there. I'd take it with a grain of salt, only because I'm sure it's been exaggerated from how he said it for real.

The source RE: everything else, and the reason why the "protocols" on why reposting what Ian says on 4chan are so complex, is 4chan. Use the foolz archive, go to /v/, search for posts by "Ian Flynn", be aware you can never be 100% it's him posting and not an impersonator (which is on purpose for plausible deniability purposes).

Wait... was the "person" who went to 4chan supposed to be Flynn or Penders? Because I wouldn't know how to feel about either of them going there either way...

Penders has not gone to 4chan, but there's someone who posts on 4chan as Penders.

It's purposefully messy. That's part of 4chan and it's part of giving Ian some deniability. Basically years ago he said some fun but unsavory stuff there (mostly regarding Fiona and sexuality in the characters), which was reposted everywhere as "inverview with 4chan". So nowadays he always posts in a way he can then say "but this wasn't me", and people also in the thread kinda have a silent agreement to try and not spread what's being posted to the seven seas. It's kinda working, took days before the info the "her" in the 62 last page is a new character and not a returning one spread.

tl;dr- what VEDJ-F posted on the second paragraph is 70% certainly by Ian and not someone pretending to be him. What VEDJ-F posted on the first paragraph is also likely by Ian, but has been exaggerated. Ian's posts on 4chan are accessible on the Foolz Archive, as are any post. However there are imposter posts mixed in, so he has deniability over all of them. Just take what he (reportedly) says as "likely teases" instead of 100% confirmation.

If you repost what Ian says on 4chan no-one's going to come after you, but if you go reposting it directly on Penders' forum it's obvious people will go "why would you even do that you idiot", which is the "seems what goes on 4chan stays on 4chan" effect VEDJ-F was saying.

Wait... so "Ian" and "Penders" unofficially "visit" 4chan? Or just "Ian"?

Was that where Penders said he wanted to make 25YL Rotor in a relationship with Cobor? I thought he revealed that tidbit on his own forum.

*The " marks are for deniability. But yeah, since it's 4chan, I'll take things with more than a pinch of salt.

On second thought, though, I'd love to see Captain Rescue try to teach the Freedom Fighters how to place the world chunks back together. :P                   I like my serious stuff, but I also like my silly from time to time.

I got to the thread in the first place because Ian posted the post number on his Twitter for people to talk to him. The post number corresponded to a post where he had some standard disclaimer and it was under his name.

Only spoilered because of methodings.

Also even I wasn't sure on Scourge given that the 4chan thread were tossing the quote around for debate as well, hence why I just said "apparently". But they did agree that Ken considered Scourge his, it seems.

Wait... so "Ian" and "Penders" unofficially "visit" 4chan? Or just "Ian"?

Was that where Penders said he wanted to make 25YL Rotor in a relationship with Cobor? I thought he revealed that tidbit on his own forum.

*The " marks are for deniability. But yeah, since it's 4chan, I'll take things with more than a pinch of salt.

On second thought, though, I'd love to see Captain Rescue try to teach the Freedom Fighters how to place the world chunks back together. tongue.png                   I like my serious stuff, but I also like my silly from time to time.

No.

Ian Flynn posts in 4chan, in a manner that allows him to say he doesn't.

Ken Penders does not post in 4chan, but there's a guy who posts on 4chan with the name Ken Penders for a joke. Just saying if you ever read a thread looking for Ian's posts and suddenly find "Ken Penders" posting, not to be surprised, it's not the real guy.

Spoilers for multiple issue spoilers.

Apparently Ken has threatened to outright sue if he ever sees Scourge in the comic again.

I have no love for Scourge, but man, is this guy persist over such a obviously derivative character. This makes me wonder how this guy's handling his legal fees...