Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

In Rouge's defence, wasn't it stated somewhere that the GUN commander had given them the mission to bring back the Sol Emerald at all costs? No offence but Team Dark are basically GUN pawns no matter how you wanna spin their unique ops group, and people under the rule of the military do as they're told. If the big nation-wide defence force tells you that you bring back a powerful gem for the greater good of the nation then that's probably what you do no matter what someone else tells you. I mean do they really just trust someone they've only just met who's making wild claims about her world being destroyed if they don't let her have it? She could be as cunning as Rouge for all they know and just be making it up.

Of course Shadow knows differently and actually knows the truth so that's why he intervenes.

So basically Rouge is Wario, but with bigger boobs. That's kind of a neat spin on her relationships with the other members of Team Dark.

Its pretty funny, because there was a discussion about Rouge on bumbleking last night about this. Someone kind of had a problem with Rouge just kind of being Team Mom for most of the arc, so...take that what you will.

I find it funny how on the Chaotix article, the pre-crossover is all detailed and elaborate on every event they were in as a group, then you have the post-crossover info and it literally just says "Detectives for hire". Like as if they're depressed over the fact that the Chaotix have been changed to match the game counterparts better so didn't want to spend time talking about it too much. 

I'd flesh it out a little if I could get an account. 

Also no, there's no news.

I find it funny how on the Chaotix article, the pre-crossover is all detailed and elaborate on every event they were in as a group, then you have the post-crossover info and it literally just says "Detectives for hire". Like as if they're depressed over the fact that the Chaotix have been changed to match the game counterparts better so didn't want to spend time talking about it too much. 

I'd flesh it out a little if I could get an account.

Well, to give them credit, that's what we know at the moment. They are "Detectives for hire". We could assume that they helped Shadow by accident against the Black Arms, assisted Sonic and the others in taking down Metal Sonic and that Espio became friend with Silver during the Ifrit crisis (Y'know, I'd actually like Ian to write about this thing) but they are just conjectures right now.

We know that they're being hired by Princess Sally to pursue a Chaos Emerald, and it's not like they adverse to including solicit details if the issue isn't out.

We also know that the group has been reduced in number since before the crossover (or more accurately, the Chaotix in WC remained), so that could be touched upon as well.

Edit: Want some proper stuff? Uh, well, I don't have much, but there's a teeny weeny tidbit; the figure seen in the After the Credits advert is pretty much confirmed to be Coral now. We all suspected it but it's cool to have some...sort of word on it.

Trust me to find legitimate info from an April Fools hoax. :/

• Thumbs Up 2

That would be the best bet. They've got three books they need out this month (Sonic, Sonic Universe, Mega Man) with varients that need out, and it's doubtful that they'll put two or all three in one week.

But wow, they've got a slippery schedule. Has it always been this way?

Question from someone who was out of the Sonic loop for a long damn time and didn't even realise that Orbot and Cubot were actually game characters at first:

Who is Coral...?

Presumably next week.

I didn't see it on Diamond's schedule for next week, so it may be the week after. I know it's out digitally already, but have subscribers gotten their print copies yet? That'll probably give us an idea when it's headed to comic shops.

Come to think about it, if Mega Man ships before the Sonic books do, it's possible it could be the week after that (Mega Man isn't scheduled yet either).

Coral is a new character so we have no idea who or what she is

Not quite; we have one pencil image of her. It's still hard to tell what she is, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't see it on Diamond's schedule for next week, so it may be the week after. I know it's out digitally already, but have subscribers gotten their print copies yet? That'll probably give us an idea when it's headed to comic shops.

Come to think about it, if Mega Man ships before the Sonic books do, it's possible it could be the week after that (Mega Man is scheduled yet either).

As someone who's brother runs a comic book store, I'm not very happy with this practice. Digital books should arrive the same week as print. Otherwise, they get a huge advantage and that puts a hurt on print sales.

• Thumbs Up 2

As someone who's brother runs a comic book store, I'm not very happy with this practice. Digital books should arrive the same week as print. Otherwise, they get a huge advantage and that puts a hurt on print sales.

Yeah, I can imagine that being tough for comic shops. I'm sorta wondering why they didn't push the digital sales back as well. The digital versions do come out on the original date the print copies are supposed to be released, so it's a little baffling that the print versions are anywhere from two to three weeks behind still. What was the reason for the delays originally? I don't seem to remember and it's strange that everything isn't back up to speed yet.

To be honest, it's been like this for months now, years if you count the fact that subscriptions have been ahead of street release for eons.

I recall when StH#216 being delivered to someone here early was such a unknown event that the BKers didn't believe me when I reported it to them. How long ago was that, three and half years ago now?

Oh, and we have a cover for the deluxe edition of Worlds Collide spotted earlier.

22911-1.JPG

...MEH.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, and we have a cover for the deluxe edition of Worlds Collide spotted earlier.

22911-1.JPG

...MEH.

Eh, I second that non-emotion. It looks rather plain for such a zany crossover event. It needs a more substantial background than this blackish blandness.

Even though I've come to expect them reusing cover-art by now....that is kind of an underwhelming choice. I get that they probably didn't want to reuse MM #24's cover (the one with all the characters side-by-side) but still, that would've been more eye-catching than just Sonic and Mega Man behind a black background.

Then again, I wasn't in any hurry to get this when it comes out anyway, so I shouldn't complain that much.

Do we have solicitations for any future SU books after 62? I've seen the solits for the main book so I have a pretty good idea of where that's going, but I don't know too much about the upcoming Knuckles arc other than this Coral character. Is 63 where the Knuckles arc starts, or do we have one more Shadow Fall issue coming first?

Shadow Fall was finished at 62 so the Great Chaos Caper arc will start with 63.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do we have solicitations for any future SU books after 62? I've seen the solits for the main book so I have a pretty good idea of where that's going, but I don't know too much about the upcoming Knuckles arc other than this Coral character. Is 63 where the Knuckles arc starts, or do we have one more Shadow Fall issue coming first?

We currently have solicits for issues 259-261 of StH and 63-65 of SU.

So anyone got Sonic Select 9 yet? Not heard a wink of it in Scotland yet, looking forward to actually getting that Secret Rings story!

No, but there has been at least one person who has, so it's definitely due.

Speaking of which, it has a cover preview for the next Select, so the same person took a photo of it.

• Thumbs Up 3