Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

PS I found the issue where Mighty mentions that he has a sister. Wow, that's so ridiculously easy to miss.

tumblr_n3k7heHyoR1rnuk43o1_500.png

I know people have been asking where it got dropped for a while, it's the back-up of StH#120.

Geezus that art is mondo-ugly. I don't blame the fact that it was overlooked.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, and we have a cover for the deluxe edition of Worlds Collide spotted earlier.

22911-1.JPG

...MEH.

With the tiles seeping into the blackness, I'm going to guess that it's gonna be some kind of 3-D cover where the characters are popping out.

So it'd be...meh and gimmicky.

Speaking of Worlds Collide though, volume 2 of the crossover came in the post today. That makes me up to speed with both volumes, and since I own the individual comics of parts 9-12, I'm technically fully stocked on the whole thing.

...But I'd still buy volume 3 anyway because of the cover art in it, and to make the volume set complete.

PS I found the issue where Mighty mentions that he has a sister. Wow, that's so ridiculously easy to miss.

tumblr_n3k7heHyoR1rnuk43o1_500.png

I know people have been asking where it got dropped for a while, it's the back-up of StH#120.

This sums up why I stopped following the comics so long ago. Needlessly melodramatic, inconsistent art style, and overall... fanfictiony atmosphere to it.

It looks like the series has picked itself up recently, though.

Which issue number is where the series "resets" proper? I may want to start reading from then on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome - now, is there any platform other than mobile devices where I can purchase them digitally? I know there's a mobile app, but I'd like to read them on my computer.

#252, I believe.

#252, correct. At All Costs, Part 2.

Awesome - now, is there any platform other than mobile devices where I can purchase them digitally? I know there's a mobile app, but I'd like to read them on my computer.

There is indeed. Comixology is your best option, I would say. https://www.comixology.com/

You can read any comics you buy in your web browser that way. Also, any comics you buy you can also download to any mobile devices if you get the Comixology app, and you only pay for each issue once. You can subscribe too. Generally, I wouldn't, since the other comics I read (Transformers and My Little Pony) come down in price after a month, but Archie's don't and they're not hugely expensive to begin with, so I do have a subscription to Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe

Absolutely agree with you Indigo. The comics were already going downhill (sort of) after issue 50 art and story wise but it just got worse and worse. Then it hit a new low when 150 came out with the whole Play on Playa bull. Thank God Ian jumped in to save the comic in issue 160!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh snap, how have I not heard of Comixology?!

Is subscribing any cheaper than buying them issue by issue? If it's the same, I'll just buy them on an individual basis.

Is subscribing any cheaper than buying them issue by issue? If it's the same, I'll just buy them on an individual basis.

Nah, it's the same price. I just do it so I get the email alert and don't forget. ;)

It depends honestly. I realize after a month or two when an issue comes out the price drops I know it's on the Archie app but not sure of comixology

People should make that off-panel a meme, with Omega and Eclipse appreciating/criticizing various tv programs.

• Thumbs Up 3

Then it hit a new low when 150 came out with the whole Play on Playa bull. Thank God Ian jumped in to save the comic in issue 160!

Ian Flynn, our savior rescued us only 10 issues later... 

Everyone that day since issue #160 started to rejoice as the Sonic The Hedgehog comics had been saved. 

VICTORY.png

I love this Eggman victory pose so much. 

• Thumbs Up 6

People have only just posted that Off-Panel online now? I considered posting it myself two weeks ago, but I decided somebody would've surely beaten me to it.

Guess not.

Finally got back on board with the comics.

I'm loving it so far. Currently at 253 right now.

For Sonic Universe, did the Genesis Wave saga reset those stories, and if so which issue should I start with if I want to get started after the post-reboot in the main comic series?

For Sonic Universe, did the Genesis Wave saga reset those stories, and if so which issue should I start with if I want to get started after the post-reboot in the main comic series?

It pretty much did reset those stories too (since they took place in the old universe). Start with Sonic Universe issue #55 since that's the first story post-reboot. (Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, please). 

SU_55.jpg

well, for the most part many of them are stand-alone, however post crossover starts with the Pirate Plunder Panic arc, However, both Treasure Team Tango, and Chaotix Quest stand extremely well alone, and I would still highly recommend them, though TTT is the only one that is still very likely to have happened in this continuity since Blaze seems to remember it

• Thumbs Up 2

So start Universe off with Treasure Team Tango. Got it.

Thanks!

I have to say, these comics are rekindling a sense of nostalgia that I haven't felt in a long time. I really can't explain why that is, though. Hm.

• Thumbs Up 1

So start Universe off with Treasure Team Tango. Got it.

Thanks!

I have to say, these comics are rekindling a sense of nostalgia that I haven't felt in a long time. I really can't explain why that is, though. Hm.

They are good solid adventures with decent story telling, whats not to love?

also there are a couple of solid stand alone SU arcs, but a number do tie heavily to the old contiunity, however the other two I can recomend that dont tie too heavily into anything else would be Tails Adventure for sure(its a really great one about Tails, Antoine, and Bunny, and is proably going to still be about 75% still active in the new contiuity), and its essentialy the story of Tails' Adventure in the archie-verse timeline, but there are only a few facts in it that would have a reason to be non-valid in the new universe