Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Sonic Universe #62 and Mega Man #35 are apparently both due next week. Hope Diamond's got it right... If so, could mean #259 will drop the following week.

Just got #259 on the app. Unless someone beats me to it, I'll provide a summery later, just as soon as I'm done freaking out over the fact they printed my picture again :D

I'm just gonna continue from where that preview ends:

Before Sonic's condition can get any worse, Amy drops in from the ceiling knocking out Theta with her hammer, Sally and Rotor follow her in. As the two hedgehogs team up to beat the crap out the robot, Rotor smashes the professors contained open, freeing them, just as Uncle Chuck begins to regain consciousness. Amy claims theat the Theta is more annoying than Zero. The professors saved, Sally tells the hedgies to finish it up...

fcx0.jpg

Back outside, the train is crossing over a bridge (you can even see some familiar Soleanna Forest scenery in the distance), and Sonic and Amy take the opportunity to jump off the train (narrowly avoiding one last swipe from Theta, who gets stuck in the hole in the process), and on to the Tornado flying below the bridge. As Bunnie and Antoine finish destroying the last of the badniks, the group return to the Sky Patrol.

A few minutes later, Sonic gets frustrated with Prof. Pickle when he claims that he "lost all their stuff", with Sonic saying he should've mentioned it while he was saving them (Pickles excuse: he thought it'd be rude to interrupt his fisticuffs with Theta. Chucks excuse: unconscious. Yeah). Moving on, Sally asks Pickle what he was researching: the prof then goes on to the tell Sally about the whole Dark Gaia legend, which most of is who've played Unleashed should already be more than familiar with. Chuck makes the obvious conclusion that Eggman is planning to use the legend for his own evil ends.

"Ahh! Like he did with your roboticizer" Pickle says.

"*sigh* Yes Dillon, like with the Roboticizer" Chuck responds.

Chuck then moves on to the subject of the mysterious gas: based the research Chuck conducted, the gas is dangerous, corruptive and mutagenic. He looks at Sonic: "We're talking the possibility of total cellular re-write".

Sonic insists that he's fine. Sally has no clue what's going on. Chuck goes on to explain that while it was only seeping out with the earthquakes, it's now pouring out with the world broken apart. They need to put things right before total saturation.

Once Sally and Pickle leave, Chuck gets back to the subject of Sonic's inhalation, asking his nephew whether he's been feeling off lately. Sonic hesitates, as he briefly thinks back to the three instances where he went feral. He brushes it off again, assuring his uncle he can handle whatever comes his way.

Meanwhile, at the Bullet Station in Rail Canyon Zone, Eggman and his lackies watch as the battered Egg-Train arrives ("at least it arrived on time" Orbot says). Eggman demands they just get an inventory on that was lost. The munitions and fuel supplies arrived intact, the same couldn't be said for the captives, Badnik units, food provisions, and his custom-order foosball table.

"...and yet your not throwing a tantrum" Orbot says.

Eggman tells them none of that matters, as he's still got what really matters, as he opens a Gaia scroll.

In the after the credits ending, at the Efryka Egg Base (yes, that alternate spelling is in the issue), Axel the Water Buffalo gets an urgent message from Eggman to defend the base no matter what. "Apparently he's found some fascination with ancient temples.

• Thumbs Up 3

You want the preview pages? managed to get them extracted.

Also, what the flying hell is up with Amy's face in the 4th page wheres shes listening in? she went full herpderp.

Sure, I mean it seems to be the full preview that Archie will release.

And...I have zero clue on the latter enquiry.

Sonic Saga #5 is also up on Comixology now.

Oh, it's on the Sonic App too. But it's now actually downloadable, the place where you click to buy just says "coming soon".

But I've still managed to see the contents in the preview pages: it's got everything from 180-184 (minus the Rush Adventure adaption), plus "Honour Bound" from 186. And there's "special features" too.

Sounds like Roboticisation is nowhere near the fearsome fate it once was. If it's what the games did, then yeah, Sonic was able to "deroboticise" the animals in seconds there.

Hmm, this is building up to something that's gonna be quite awesome...

Sounds like Roboticisation is nowhere near the fearsome fate it once was. If it's what the games did, then yeah, Sonic was able to "deroboticise" the animals in seconds there.

Seems to me that there is actualy two forms, the trap type, and the show type, however the Bison indicates that the show type has been neutralized for some time, but there is the overarcing threat of Eggman trying to get it to work again

Read 259 on the Sonic Comic App and i liked it. What did you guys think of this issue?

Ps. Anyone saw Scratch and Grounder in the off panel?

Found a few pictures:

tumblr_n3s0q3rmOw1sdblboo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3s0q3rmOw1sdblboo2_500.jpg

…did Cubot's mop just come to life? Introducing the GAIA MOP!

• Thumbs Up 5

Sure, I mean it seems to be the full preview that Archie will release.

And...I have zero clue on the latter enquiry.

Check your PM box.

unfornately it doesn't have the alternate cover, cant seem to find one in HQ either, yet I can find the 2006 ver. of the cover that wasn't used pretty easily :\

I'll beat you to the off-panel, but I've got nowt for the rest.

image_zps400c439d.jpg

Of course it's Dubs' script, nobody else can churn out puns so thick and fast.

This is my spirit comic.

Seriously, I'm in love.

• Thumbs Up 1

So wait:

the super genesis wave didn't cause this awakening of Gaia but instead they just happen to jump into this new!universe at the wrong time?

I think I'm gonna call it now:

Snively will show up in either title as an Egg Boss/Sub Commander of the Egg Army, and he'll have Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts as his lackys. Who knows, maybe he's the one causing trouble for the underwater civilizations, along with Ahulut

Orbot & Cubot will most likely NOT get along well with the older models. tongue.png

@goku262002,

With time getting rebooted, it's more like the energy from the Super Genesis Wave caused Dark Gaia to awaken prematurely on this world, which is now what it has always been. It's similar to Unleashed's opening, only instead of Chaos Energy, it was the Super Genesis Wave energy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've just had a thought

What if Dark Gaia's corruptive power is a key feature in Waves of Change?  I mean from the looks of it, there seems to be a power struggle, so maybe there are people being corrupted in this story?

• Thumbs Up 1

Another pic of 259:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is so nice! ;3 Love the almost Mayan look to it, although I'm sure this was an influence on Unleashed as well. Evan does it again!

Another pic of 259:

tumblr_n3sculL6hV1qlj42ao2_1280.jpg

Did you notice Angel Island above the planet? Archie is what Segain't.

• Thumbs Up 7

Did you notice Angel Island above the planet? Archie is what Segain't.

Haha kinda puts a kink in the narrative a bit tho. The temples use the Chaos energy to put the planet back together again and start the process of rebirth...except Angel Island, because...reasons >.<

Makes sense... it has the Master Emerald keeping it above the rest of the world, so its solo inhabitant can look down on the world cracking into pieces and be all like

nelson.gif

Also if it has been established the games' history is now canon, perhaps the ancient Echidnas knew about this story and so used the island to keep the Master Emerald safe from said cataclysms? Hmmmmmmmm.... *scratches chin*

• Thumbs Up 2