Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

What I thought was the entire point of the Council being around was simply conflict, something to give the heroes more to struggle with as more things got developed and set up for future arcs.

However, I have to admit that Ian did drag things on a bit. The funny thing about it is that it seemed like he was nearing his own Endgame to this arc...then fucking Penders actions screwed it over.

That seems to be it, honestly. Even though I didn't care one way or the other about them, but recognize why they pissed people off, I can't help but think things would've improved with them following the Mecha-Sally/King Naugus arcs. Sonic, of all people, actually followed their rules for once, and the Council themselves seemed to have their priorities straight including lifting NICOLE's ban, allowing Team Freedom and Fighters to do their work with little to no interference, and not siding with everything Naugus wanted.

As I said already, hopefully Flynn sheds some light on what would've happened with them in "The Lost Hedgehog Tales."

I'd consider it more kick-ass if it wasn't just some promotional art from Unleashed's pre-release. tongue.png

cbacksonicunleashed.jpg

I know but that pic in general is kick ass

That seems to be it, honestly. Even though I didn't care one way or the other about them, but recognize why they pissed people off, I can't help but think things would've improved with them following the Mecha-Sally/King Naugus arcs. Sonic, of all people, actually followed their rules for once, and the Council themselves seemed to have their priorities straight including lifting NICOLE's ban, allowing Team Freedom and Fighters to do their work with little to no interference, and not siding with everything Naugus wanted.

As I said already, hopefully Flynn sheds some light on what would've happened with them in "The Lost Hedgehog Tales."

Has he given an update recently? Last I heard, he said he just needed to do some proofreading/error corrections, and I think that was about a month or so ago.

So do you guys think Sticks will show up in the main comics or be delegated to a possible spin-off or Universe arc?

I still find it odd both Australian'ish characters in Marine and Sticks are both animals that don't even exist in the wild in Australia. They don't have Badgers let alone Racoons. Then again if we went down that road Knuckles should have an Aussie accent and Sonic would more than likely be British >.<

And Thrash, the Australian animal, has a cockney accent and thus is British. 

And Thrash, the Australian animal, has a cockney accent and thus is British.

Good point, forgot about him. Next thing they will have a Kiwi on the Egg Legion with a German accent. I'm guessing its going for diversity rather than creators not knowing where animals natively hail from...tho it wouldn't surprise me considering how many NZ actors are reported as being Australian. I also remember that Tazmania cartoon from WB with Taz in it that had a Kiwi...in Tazmania for some odd reason..and was yellow haha

Given how flexible Archie is incorporating Sonic elements and characters over all the other Sonic mediums, I don't see why Sticks can't be in the comics. Aside from Sonic Team/Sega themselves saying no, there's really nothing anyone can say to justify keeping her out of the comics.

And there's plenty of places they can put her in, so who knows?

Mainly because sticks is from another continuity and if they were to use sticks it would be for their inevitable sonic boom comic

Has he given an update recently? Last I heard, he said he just needed to do some proofreading/error corrections, and I think that was about a month or so ago.

Not that I know of, but I don't lurk around Bumbleking or check his twitter particularly frequently (it's bad enough I check Penders's once in a while already). I guess if none of the Bumbleking regulars haven't heard anything, there's probably no major updates.

As for Sticks, I wouldn't be against Archie using her at all (though the hyperactive motormouth role seems to be filled by Marine whenever she shows up). Though if Sonic X characters (which included Emerl, oddly enough) had an embargo on them, it wouldn't surprise me if SEGA prevents the use in the main comic (and it would at least be less baffling than when they were holding back Omega or how they're sidestepping Nega). There's little reason else she couldn't be included, I think.

The good news is, I don't think the comic is hurting for characters (friendly or otherwise) at the moment, even though most of us want so many that are now out of reach back.

Sonic X characters still have an embargo on them. Certain characters just got properly reclassified from X characters to game characters.

All the other continuities, regardless of age, have an embargo on them. There's just select exceptions from SatAM and AoStH because they were incorporated into the comic lore fully a long time ago. With that in mind, Boom's likely to stay separate for the foreseeable future.

Sonic X characters still have an embargo on them. Certain characters just got properly reclassified from X characters to game characters.

All the other continuities, regardless of age, have an embargo on them. There's just select exceptions from SatAM and AoStH because they were incorporated into the comic lore fully a long time ago. With that in mind, Boom's likely to stay separate for the foreseeable future.

This might be an odd question, but has there been any mention as to why Emerl was initially classed as an "X" character despite being a game character? I know it's been lifted since Gemerl has been mentioned (and Fixit appears to be a Gizoid of some kind), but I'm just curious why Emerl had an embargo in the first place. I'm guessing this is also what kept Cream out of the book for so long as well, right?

Perhaps because Cream and Emerl were both introduced during Sonic X's run and both appeared in it? Sonic Advance 2 was out before Sonic X started airing but Battle was released during it if I remember right. Both would have been animated into their respective roles in X prior to their games release if they work pretty far in advance doing the animation, taking a year or two to complete a series if any of the other animated TV series are anything to go on. Perhaps then they viewed the completed Sonic X that had already been sold to licensors as their "first role" because of that rather than the games being their first appearance, thus making them Sonic X characters? I dunno just stabbing in the dark, dunno why else they would file Cream and Emerl under Sonic X.

Mainly because sticks is from another continuity and if they were to use sticks it would be for their inevitable sonic boom comic

The Freedom Fighters are also from another continuity compared to Amy, Blaze, Rouge, and all the other Sega Sonic characters that weren't in SatAM or the comics up to a certain extent. Even the settings are from separate continuities, such as Station Square and Knothole. So that argument doesn't really hold up, because there's nothing in this continuity that prevents anything from the Boom continuity from being in the main comics. Nothing short of Sega denying them from doing it at least.

I wouldn't expect it to be done right now, and it might never be done at all, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Sticks was brought into the main comics in the future somewhere down the line as a mainstay.

Perhaps because Cream and Emerl were both introduced during Sonic X's run and both appeared in it? Sonic Advance 2 was out before Sonic X started airing but Battle was released during it if I remember right. Both would have been animated into their respective roles in X prior to their games release if they work pretty far in advance doing the animation, taking a year or two to complete a series if any of the other animated TV series are anything to go on. Perhaps then they viewed the completed Sonic X that had already been sold to licensors as their "first role" because of that rather than the games being their first appearance, thus making them Sonic X characters? I dunno just stabbing in the dark, dunno why else they would file Cream and Emerl under Sonic X.

That would make sense, actually. Sonic Advance 2 dropped in December 2002 in Japan, and March 2003 internationally (Sonic X would air in Japan a month later). Heroes and Battle both dropped in December 2003 in Japan, and January 2004 in other territories, which would've been well into Sonic X's run (Emerl's first episode in X aired in January 2004 in Japan). So I guess there may have been other licensing hurdles regarding them specifically for the main comic, while Cream could appear under the Sonic X branding just fine.

Hey, I'm just wondering: what are the chances of Mammoth Mogul returning anytime soon? Nil?

Hey, I'm just wondering: what are the chances of Mammoth Mogul returning anytime soon? Nil?

Given that his creator Scott Fulop testified for Penders in the court case, I'd say that his characters are NOT coming back. Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

They had a fair few comic baddies taken by the Pondering really. Nothing stopping them making new ones but when guys like Mogul, Fini, Enerjak etc can't appear and even game ones like Ix are out at the moment it leaves little beyond Eggman and his Egg Bosses, Nagus, Team Hooligan who tend to back and forth a bit depending on situation, Snivley hazarding a guess and the baddies from the games we are yet to cover properly.

Thrash will be back I image but everyone else will have to be new or repurposed from older games that have "happened". As they are currently lacking the amount of "big" bads the previous universe had.

They had a fair few comic baddies taken by the Pondering really.

Don't you mean...the Pendering...?

I'm sorry

• Thumbs Up 1

The last couple of posts made me pondering about The Pendering...
(bad pun, sorry)

So do you guys think Sticks will show up in the main comics or be delegated to a possible spin-off or Universe arc?

I still find it odd both Australian'ish characters in Marine and Sticks are both animals that don't even exist in the wild in Australia. They don't have Badgers let alone Racoons. Then again if we went down that road Knuckles should have an Aussie accent and Sonic would more than likely be British >.<

Ian has said on Twitter that there are no plans for Sticks:

Nope. Archie!Sonic is still Sega!Sonic at its core. Boom!Sonic has to remain separate - like Sonic X was. (X!Sonic?)

So, technically the debate ended before we started it. Weird to think about.

Also if I do get to write a review of Chaos Caper on the site, I have a feeling it would be a bit controversial. 

I think for now, its for the best that Boom elements aren't getting incorporated into the book. If only because Boom still is highly contentious amongst many in the community, even this subsect.

We should see how well it stands on its own before we want stuff from it in the book.

On another note, I wanted to ask you guys a question. What do you guys think is the worse backstory:

SatAM, where Mobius was an Earth where animals evolved into bipeds due to radiation from a nuclear war and Robotnik & Snively were the last remnants of the humans who went off world to colonize but came back and wanted to "reclaim" the planet

Or

The old continuity, where Earth was bombed to sh*t by tentacle aliens, causing most of the human survivors to "devolve" into Overlanders, the animals turning into part human hybrids, and the pure blooded humans hiding for more than 10,000 years with little to no changes?

Edit: @VEDJ-F. Not liking it? Write the review anyway, I'm sure it won't get as negative a reception as you might fear.

This issue was very blah with nothing more than I fight at the beginning and walking around, talking during the rest. I'm interested in seeing

how Relic handles herself in her own adventure next issue and I did like the line that Vector keeps Charmy around as a charitable tax write off. XD

SatAM, where Mobius was an Earth where animals evolved into bipeds due to radiation from a nuclear war and Robotnik & Snively were the last remnants of the humans who went off world to colonize but came back and wanted to "reclaim" the planet

Or

The old continuity, where Earth was bombed to sh*t by tentacle aliens, causing most of the human survivors to "devolve" into Overlanders, the animals turning into part human hybrids, and the pure blooded humans hiding for more than 10,000 years with little to no changes?

They were too dark to my tastes. I am happy with Mobius Sonic's World just being a planet with colorful talking animals on it. It is the type of thing that in my opinion does not need an explanation, more or less like the Force and the Midi-chlorians in Star Wars.

Edit: @VEDJ-F. Not liking it? Write the review anyway, I'm sure it won't get as negative a reception as you might fear.

Actually, I do like it for the most part. It's not the best thing I've read, but I probably find it better than Shigs. 

There's just one aspect I'm not liking. I think any other BKers already know what it is. 

Actually, I do like it for the most part. It's not the best thing I've read, but I probably find it better than Shigs. 

There's just one aspect I'm not liking. I think any other BKers already know what it is.

...I don't.