Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Speaking of my pondering (damn autocorrect, thanks guys >.<; ) and mentioning Emerl before, has Ian said if the handheld or spin-off games have happened in this continuity?

Have the team met a Gizoid besides Fix-It? Has Battle or Advance 3 happened? Would be a good chance for Relic to get involved with her ancient research.

Have previous tie-in's happened like Triple Trouble or Tails Adventure? Have they met the Battle Bird Armada in this timeline for example? Arcade must have happened if Ray and Mighty and Sonic know each other. I mean besides Colours and Lost World which have been mentioned as upcoming, if they don't touch Generations or Chronicles there isn't much Sega!Sonic to use even when spread out over 6 or so months with filler they will catch up to the current games eventually and be left to their own devices again. Unless they touch some of the more out there side stories and give them a lovely re-write to fit the comic world ala current Unleashed arc.

I could see a Fighters arc being possible with all the required characters being present in the comics. Battle or Advance 3 or a mix could be interesting, as I said involving Relic and the Gizoids (maybe Fix-It might go rogue?). Sky Patrol would introduce new characters and I think would be interesting to explore with proper writing and plot. Labyrinth....I dunno how you could make that work. But what do you guys think? Will they be allowed to touch the side games again or do you think Sega only wants the main games represented going forward?

Speaking of my pondering (damn autocorrect, thanks guys >.<; ) and mentioning Emerl before, has Ian said if the handheld or spin-off games have happened in this continuity?

Have the team met a Gizoid besides Fix-It? Has Battle or Advance 3 happened? Would be a good chance for Relic to get involved with her ancient research.

Have previous tie-in's happened like Triple Trouble or Tails Adventure? Have they met the Battle Bird Armada in this timeline for example? Arcade must have happened if Ray and Mighty and Sonic know each other. I mean besides Colours and Lost World which have been mentioned as upcoming, if they don't touch Generations or Chronicles there isn't much Sega!Sonic to use even when spread out over 6 or so months with filler they will catch up to the current games eventually and be left to their own devices again. Unless they touch some of the more out there side stories and give them a lovely re-write to fit the comic world ala current Unleashed arc.

I could see a Fighters arc being possible with all the required characters being present in the comics. Battle or Advance 3 or a mix could be interesting, as I said involving Relic and the Gizoids (maybe Fix-It might go rogue?). Sky Patrol would introduce new characters and I think would be interesting to explore with proper writing and plot. Labyrinth....I dunno how you could make that work. But what do you guys think? Will they be allowed to touch the side games again or do you think Sega only wants the main games represented going forward?

Ian said everything but Unleashed and Lost World has happened.

Gemerl has been mentioned, so it's after Battle and Advance 3.

Ian said everything but Unleashed and Lost World has happened.

Gemerl has been mentioned, so it's after Battle and Advance 3.

Huh I must have missed that about Gmerl? Which post reboot issue was that? Everything huh..man that's a bit of a bummer for me hoping they would expand on some of the story lacking titles they hadn't touched before. Only reason I asked was the spin-off titles could really happen anywhere so just cause they are up to Unleashed doesn't necessarily mean say Battle has happened. I spose once they catch up to the current games it gives them even more room to branch out again I spose and do their own stories which is good.

When Ian said everything but Lost World and Unleashed have happened, I think he was referring to the main games specifically. Outside of that, it's a little more tricky to know. Tails Adventure and Triple Trouble probably happened at least. 

Gemerl was mention in dialogue during the Rescue Station Square issue as living with Cream & Vanilla.

Hey VEDJ-F, is the thing that you're disliking the footnotes about game events? Cuz I noticed more of those in this Universe.

Gemerl was mention in dialogue during the Rescue Station Square issue as living with Cream & Vanilla.

Ah that would be why, I haven't had a chance to read that issue or the ones after it yet, I've just been going on what everyone has posted about the newer issues. I'm glad VEDJ-F thinks there's a chance some of the other side stories/games could happen tho I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

Edit : Just received an email that Sonic Universe #64 is in at my local comic shop, so should be in stock in physical form almost everywhere now. Happy reading to those that have been avoiding spoilers :)

"Shigs?"

Ditto.

She means me. That's my name on Segabits.

I just felt it was waaay too obvious a second act with no real story inside of itself. Some funny moments, but that's about it.

Just finished reading Sonic Universe issue 64. I did like it, but, not much happened in this issue. I mean, they fought extremely quickly, and then it just got back to more of the Chaotix talking just like the last issue. Hopefully the next issue will be better. But, i think the best part in the whole thing was Bean breaking the fourth wall. P.S. Anyone noticed the date for the next issue wasn't on the last page?

Just finished reading Sonic Universe issue 64. I did like it, but, not much happened in this issue. I mean, they fought extremely quickly, and then it just got back to more of the Chaotix talking just like the last issue. Hopefully the next issue will be better. But, i think the best part in the whole thing was Bean breaking the fourth wall. P.S. Anyone noticed the date for the next issue wasn't on the last page?

Sonic Universe's issues are currently released on the first wednesday of the month.

Ahhh, just caught up with Sonic Universe #64 last night. My favourite moment by far...

post-200-0-53963800-1401968898_thumb.png

Bean ALWAYS puts a grin on my face. 

• Thumbs Up 2

That was probably my favorite moment, too. I love how offended Espio gets. XD

• Thumbs Up 9

That was probably my favorite moment, too. I love how offended Espio gets. XD

I know, right? That look of utter indigence on his face. biggrin.png

Also, this made me laugh out loud...

post-200-0-68844800-1401969360_thumb.png

*puts on Conan helmet* Bean laughs at de four walls.

• Thumbs Up 7

Still behind, but not that far! I've read StH#260 and SU#63 and I am pleased. The SU issue was nice, and I enjoyed seeing Knuckles with the Chaotix again, but I dunno the issue didn't really interest me that much. The end was nice when Team Hooligan appeared. I really liked the fact that Fang is now in the comic. It's good to see game characters being used instead of being pushed off like SEGA usually does. 

As far as StH goes, I have to say, this issue is probably my favourite in the new continuity. I really love Jennifer's pencil work. Everything looks so cute and bursting with expression. I'd love to see her do more work on the comic. As for the story, I found it very enjoyable. I like the new characters, especially Coral. Not sure if it's her design or her role in the comic, but I think she's a wonderful addition to the cast. I also enjoyed all the nice little game references they put in. Although I do feel bad for not getting what Amy meant with "Wannabe machine Gods". Could anyone tell me who that's supposed to be? Because I seriously don't recall anything fitting that description.

Aside from that I noticed that recent comics are a lot more "meaty". I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like we're getting more pages of story in these recent issues. Perhaps the pacing is just better or the way they spread out the ads, but when I read StH#260 I felt as if there was a lot of content to read. 

Although I do feel bad for not getting what Amy meant with "Wannabe machine Gods". Could anyone tell me who that's supposed to be? Because I seriously don't recall anything fitting that description.

What, you don't remember Metal Sonic's teen phase?

• Thumbs Up 5

What, you don't remember Metal Sonic's teen phase?

Yeah that was the closest guess I got. But I never really got "Wannabe machine God" out of him. It was more like a "Ultimate dragon robot". :V

Funnily enough, Sonic calls him something similar in the 11th issue of World's Collide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iel74Vf.png

It's possible Amy was also talking about the Time Eater. Didn't Ian mention that Generations had already happened in this world, because of silly time reasons?

• Thumbs Up 1

The Time Eater didn't really have it's own conscience, it was controlled. It wasn't particularly a wannabe god because it didn't try to be one. 

Yeah that was the closest guess I got. But I never really got "Wannabe machine God" out of him. It was more like a "Ultimate dragon robot". :V

"All living things kneel before your master" doesn't scream wannabe God to you? :P

Even in this new verse, Bean never disappoints.

It amazes me how the folks behind the games can't seem to be anywhere near this interesting in their world, and with the same material to boot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even in this new verse, Bean never disappoints.

It amazes me how the folks behind the games can't seem to be anywhere near this interesting in their world, and with the same material to boot.

Because half of the Sonic fanbase are all "we want character [X] to appear more."

And the other half are all "no, it should be Sonic and only Sonic!"

And no matter which half they try to please, the rest of the video gaming world will just say it sucks anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

Because half of the Sonic fanbase are all "we want character [X] to appear more."

And the other half are all "no, it should be Sonic and only Sonic!"

And no matter which half they try to please, the rest of the video gaming world will just say it sucks anyway.

Which wouldn't likely be the case in the first place had Sonic Team not screwed up the franchise's game image and fractured the fandom into these factions and made the video gaming world look down on the series.

It is what it is, the games have always put plot & characters as secondary products, so the comic is pretty much the only way they'd get their due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1