Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

You'd still be surprised how much, even today, there are people who despise "Sonic's sh*tty friends" in both the games and comic.

You'd still be surprised how much, even today, there are people who despise "Sonic's sh*tty friends" in both the games and comic.

They're hated when they don't appear, and hated when they do. So really, this absolutely fuck all to me at this point in the game if everyone is just gonna bitch anyway.

So just read SU64, and this has me curious

006.jpg

It seems to imply that Nack does in fact have a radar sense similar to Knuckles, but is using the device instead because its focusing solely on the Chaos Emerald, and from the rest of issue you can tell that its also not good for high speeds, since Knux has to stop every time he uses it, whereas Nack is constantly on the move in the marvelous queen, despite the inaccuracy

Of course Nack having it isn't too overly surprising, it simply confirms his treasure hunter status, as Knux mentioned master Treasure hunters have the sense, and as we know Rouge has it as well

here is the piece I'm referencing just to cover my bases

012.jpg

just a little something I noticed that I thought was interesting and a nice bit of continuity

• Thumbs Up 2

Aren't the Babylon Rogues treasure hunters as well? Does that mean that hey have a Sixth Sense as well? 

And what about Amy? She's always looking for Sonic, and with her interest in mystical things, she might have a Sixth Sense as well.

And what about Amy? She's always looking for Sonic, and with her interest in mystical things, she might have a Sixth Sense as well.

I think Amy needs to fine tune hers if she does have one, since she seems to leap on anything remotely hedgehog shaped and scream "SONIC!" regardless of their height, weight, colour and appearance :P

Read the new SU!

I actually liked it. It was a nice bit of break from the usual, I guess. And I thought it was kinda cute, too, with everyone talking back and forth. And...Chip! We're getting closer and closer to the Werehog it seems...

This issue reminded me of what my favorite thing about Sonic is- the characters, and their individual qualities. Granted, this is archie, but I love Archie too ok.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Nack is referring to Rouge when he says "too". After all, preboot she and Bean & Bark had a few run-ins. No reason for that to not be true today.

I think Amy needs to fine tune hers if she does have one, since she seems to leap on anything remotely hedgehog shaped and scream "SONIC!" regardless of their height, weight, colour and appearance tongue.png

.............you do realize that Shadow and Silver have the exact same physical structure as Sonic, right? They all have the same height and weight and stuff. 

Sonic was locked away somewhere on Prison Island, so Amy knew he was somewhere very close. But Amy was on the outside, where Shadow was.

Sonic was in the same general location in that area of Soleanna as Silver. Amy just happened to be on the rooftops instead of the ground.

And the Werehog IS Sonic, so Amy's sixth sense would have been working perfectly.

Although because of a theory I have between Sonic, Shadow and Silver, it'd be possible for them to share a similar aura or energy signature or whatever it is that the Sixth Sense senses.

Aren't the Babylon Rogues treasure hunters as well? Does that mean that hey have a Sixth Sense as well? 

But not nessecarily masters, Knux and Rouge are masters, and its not unlikely that Nack is as well, while the Rouges are more of mercs, and birds not mammals, but who knows

But not nessecarily masters, Knux and Rouge are masters, and its not unlikely that Nack is as well, while the Rogues are more of mercs, and birds not mammals, but who knows

What does species have to do with it? 

But the Babylon Rogues are supposed to be Treasure Hunters/Thieves. 

.............you do realize that Shadow and Silver have the exact same physical structure as Sonic, right? They all have the same height and weight and stuff.

I was kinda just goofing around, I think its more a running gag than meaning anything about Amy having a Sonic Radar, but your theory is interesting :)

"best" treasure hunters. Nack and the Rogues (if they are treasure hunters, never bothered with Riders) probably are nowhere near as good as Rouge and Knuckles.

Also, when Charmy asked Knuckles how he does that, I wish Knuckles said, "I dunno, I sense it in my feet."

• Thumbs Up 2

I know it's not current Sonic cannon, but I do miss the OVA hat. Perhaps he will don it again sometime in the future. Could have been cool to have him wear it when he's out treasure hunting, but normally he doesn't wear it or something. Could have Relic give it to him to wear when he's on expeditions with her haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised the OVA hat managed to survive so long, to a quick appearance at the end of Universe #4. I remember when Archie got a dressing down from SEGA because of a two page reference as an alternate reality in 101.

Penders just ignored the mandate because I guess he thought SEGA wouldn't care for something minor like the hat. And for a long time, he was right.

Even in this new verse, Bean never disappoints.

If I recall correctly, hes the same Bean from the Old!Mobius universe. hes one of the few who never got effected by the genesis waves because hes crazy or something.

If I recall correctly, hes the same Bean from the Old!Mobius universe. hes one of the few who never got effected by the genesis waves because hes crazy or something.

I know. That's one of the good things about this despite what we lost. I would have said that regardless whether it was a new arc, new dimension, new anything so long as he continues to impress. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

1. Bean was affected, just like everyone was. PPP just kinda muddled the details for a lot of it, probably because of it having a different writer.

2. The OVA hat is off-limits.

Everyone was affected. It's the whole point of the reboot, to have everyone have been rewritten so they're free from legal baggage. Just assume that even in the new world a version Treasure Team Tango happened and Eggman sent a Metal Sonic-like robot to get the Emeralds.

If the comic says one thing then the writer says the other online somewhere how am I supposed to know? you guys didn't exactly point anything out about the detail when we were in the PPP Arc. hell all these "corrections" online must confuse people who just stick to the comics and don't know whats going on behind the scenes, not like the comic is going to point them out either.

1. Bean was affected, just like everyone was. PPP just kinda muddled the details for a lot of it, probably because of it having a different writer.

Betting you have a Ian quote to back that up?

If the comic says one thing then the writer says the other online somewhere how am I supposed to know? you guys didn't exactly point anything out about the detail when we were in the PPP Arc. hell all these "corrections" online must confuse people who just stick to the comics and don't know whats going on behind the scenes, not like the comic is going to point them out either.

Betting you have a Ian quote to back that up?

That is the point. Strictly speaking, readers aren't supposed to bother with what happens behind the scenes. From the readers' perspective, the story just should be self consistent and the new universe is only a natural progression of the story.

From the beginning of the reboot it was stated that the entire multiverse was affected. It is an all-encompassing statement, no need to specifically state for every single thing that it was affected.

Bean may be the equivalent of a love child of Daffy Duck & Deadpool, but expecting even him to remember the old continuity is not possible.

Outside of the already faded memories of the FF's and Eggman, no one is going to remember how things used to be. That's just how things are now.

Bean may be the equivalent of a love child of Daffy Duck & Deadpool, but expecting even him to remember the old continuity is not possible.

Outside of the already faded memories of the FF's and Eggman, no one is going to remember how things used to be. That's just how things are now.

Yup and like you said even those memories were pretty much the last nod to the old continuity for the long time fans, they have no weight or bearing on the future and won't ever likely be mentioned again.

As for Bean I think I would rather he be the love child of the Dynamite Dux, Bin and Pin, but I get what you mean, even the crazy one was affected. Everyone was. The Zone Cops will be cleaning up the mess for years to come...convenient way of saying they are gone for good too haha