Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Sniv's being his own villain sounds fine to me, but if he's still an Eggman lackey, I won't complain.  As long as he still stays a little shit. lol

I'd be fine with him being a GUN villain, of sorts, because he can stand up as his own villain. And, plus, well, the whole "betray Eggman" thing as been done to death by him and SEGA. He can betray someone else once and a while.

Be a threat to Sonic, Eggman, and GUN.

I wouldn't mind if Snively did become Eggman's lackey again as well but It would allow for some character development if he did remember some of the old world. I mean Snively was one of the characters hit worst by the SGW since he lost both Regina and Hope so he might hold resentment against Eggman since It's his fault the SGW altered everything.

I'm curious if he does remember anything, though there has probably been confirmation about this already (yes or no). While he may have been close to the SGW, he didn't appear alongside Eggman like Orbot and Cubot did. Then again, Sonic was also way the hell over there, too. So who knows?

But I think it's only Sonic and Eggman who remember by default. Along with the robo-lackies.

Eggman was forgetting the old stuff as well. And Ian has said that that particular sub-plot is over.

Combine the two, and I'm pretty sure Snively has no memory of it.

It's a little sad to hear that the sub-plot about the old universe is over because that's probably means that everyone has lost their memories of the old universe which probably means It's finally been thrown out the window. Pretty sad that the last mention was a couple of panels with Sally worrying about her role as Mecha Sally.

Well, at this rate, they can only worry about making this universe interesting, because we can't go back to the old, as sad as it is to lose so much of the developed world.

So, now it's time to develop this world. Hey, sea society, that's pretty new.

Yeah, I enjoy the new characters like Razor,Pearly, and Coral although I hate the king and queen introduced in Issue 261. I mean they constantly blame everything on Coral when in fact it seems her duties are controlled by Coral's emotions meaning by making her doubt herself, The King and Queen are responsible for the underwater city's shield not rising. 

STH120.jpg

It actually looks like a return to this style of covers, except done a lot less embarrassingly.

Actually I think they tried returning to that style about a year or 2 ago only to abandon it after like 4 issues. forget the issues though.

Really makes me look forward to what Archie will have in store for Boom. Though whether it'll be a one-off arc in Universe or a standalone comic like Sonic X had is still a mystery (I'm personally banking on the former since both the games and the show probably need to be overall successful to warrant a separate comic).

Little smirk at the grin that managed to sneak onto Sonic.

Unrelated, but man I forgot that Ian had confirmed that Super Tails and Super Knuckles won't be showing up in the comics. I remember it remaining unanswered thanks to Zeena interrupting.

That's kinda disappointing to hear. Lemme guess, so its more like Sonic Heroes with them getting super shields or something?

Little smirk at the grin that managed to sneak onto Sonic.

Unrelated, but man I forgot that Ian had confirmed that Super Tails and Super Knuckles won't be showing up in the comics. I remember it remaining unanswered thanks to Zeena interrupting.

Why not? they are official forms, mind you from the classic era but it doesn't mean that they arn't fanon by any means.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was the sonic heroes fuckup too like biznizz said?

That's kinda disappointing to hear. Lemme guess, so its more like Sonic Heroes with them getting super shields or something?

Well, if the Chaotix first canon appearance is Heroes by Sonic Team's standards, it wouldn't surprise me if they wrote off Knuckles's and Tails's super forms as well. Shame, that, but I suppose it's not a huge loss, much as it'd be nice to have characters other than the Hedgehogs go super (there's Blaze, but that's it right now...).

Well, if the Chaotix first canon appearance is Heroes by Sonic Team's standards, it wouldn't surprise me if they wrote off Knuckles's and Tails's super forms as well. Shame, that, but I suppose it's not a huge loss, much as it'd be nice to have characters other than the Hedgehogs go super (there's Blaze, but that's it right now...).

And yet Sega seem to have no problem with the comic making nods to Knuckles Chaotix, which they've done twice now in the new continuity...

Uh, the Super forms had been said by Iizuka to only be a thing for Sonic 3&K and not canon to the current continuity since at least 2012. It was their status in the comics that was more of a dunno area.

As for the KC nods, one was just the item, the other was in an off-panel. So far, nothing about the story within the actual story space.

But Super Knuckles is present even in vanilla Sonic and Knuckles, so I find it odd that he'd be off limits. Super Tails I can at least kind of understand, but why Knux?

I presume it's because the actual bonafide plot only has Super Sonic present. Presumably, Super Knuckles was there to make it fair for those who didn't play as Sonic (as opposed to Sonic 2 where Tails got zip), Super Tails was put in for the same reason but needed more Emeralds due to his youth, and the Super Emeralds were really there because of the whole cartridge join thing. It's the same reason SEGA don't recognise Hyper Sonic either.

I think they wanna limit the amount of Super forms within the series for some reason, and by limit, I mean make them exclusive to hedgehogs only :V

To be fair, by limiting Super distribution at least they don't do what their inspiration did and go down the "You get a Super! YOU get a Super! EVERYONE gets a Super!" path, and keep the forms as something more meaningful than "the big goldy state which is super powerful and the strongest thing everz".

I mean as is we know only four characters with supers - the hero, the hero's rival who was designed to use the emeralds, the hero's alternate dimension counterpart who has her own set of emeralds, and some bloke from the future - and of those four, only Silver seems to have had one "because" - the others at least had a reason for their supers.

I think they wanna limit the amount of Super forms within the series for some reason, and by limit, I mean make them exclusive to hedgehogs only :V

So Blaze is a hedgehog now? P;

So Blaze is a hedgehog now? P;

If you want to be pedantic, Blaze doesn't have a super form. It's her burning form. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Why would Tails need Super Tails? He already has ultimate power.....Titan Tails :P

• Thumbs Up 1