Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

What about Eclipse? ...Does he have a mouth?

He does, but isn't he on Angel Island...?

Can't wait to see this, and its outcome, I mean Bean being as loco as he is (tho generally quite happy) I imagine when he is properly angry he would be a beast to deal with and crazy scary.

What could anyone say to hurt the guy tho, he's usually very carefree and everything is generally waters off a ducks back if you will excuse the pun. Hope we end up seeing more of Team Hooligans new universe back story at some time too. Especially since Ian said they had plans for at least showing something for Bark pre worlds collide.

Alright this is going to sound weird, but does anyone else's copy of Sonic Archives 12 have like.... really bad paper quality. It feels like it's printed on wet, cheap magazine paper. The pages feel slightly crumpled and are actually hard to flip through. I haven't heard anyone complain about it, but mine is like that.

Some of my Archives have that crumpled, weirder paper, too. Found that peculiar myself.

Haven't read it yet, but it dropped last week. The new StH comes out next Wednesday I think? We have about a week and two months until the Werehog!

Haven't read it yet, but it dropped last week. The new StH comes out next Wednesday I think? We have about a week and two months until the Werehog!

Comixology says that the new Sonic issue is going to be out on the 9th July.

Anyone here read Sonic Universe issue 65 early? If so, how is it?

*Ahem* For the most part, the buzz when the subscribers got theirs was that, for the majority of it, the issue was fine.

But there was some.... issues with a plot point. And this lead into a whole big, friggin' argument on the topic of whether this plot point completely destroyed what many consider to be one of the major (or at least the start of a major) theme of Sonic Unleashed the game.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, PEOPLE, DO NOT LET THAT ARGUMENT OCCUR AGAIN JUST BECAUSE I BROUGHT UP WHAT HAPPENED EARLIER THIS MONTH.

• Thumbs Up 1

Comixology says that the new Sonic issue is going to be out on the 9th July.

Yep, that's next week! Though I was just mentioning that (edit: I thought it was Wednesday but it's Tuesday! My mistake...) StH issues come out the second Wednesday of the month (I think?) the Werehog drops in approximately one week and two months.

*Ahem* For the most part, the buzz when the subscribers got theirs was that, for the majority of it, the issue was fine.

But there was some.... issues with a plot point. And this lead into a whole big, friggin' argument on the topic of whether this plot point completely destroyed what many consider to be one of the major (or at least the start of a major) theme of Sonic Unleashed the game.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, PEOPLE, DO NOT LET THAT ARGUMENT OCCUR AGAIN JUST BECAUSE I BROUGHT UP WHAT HAPPENED EARLIER THIS MONTH.

People are free to argue whatever they want in this topic, provided it's respectful discussion and it's Archie Sonic-related. Please don't try and control the flow of discussion; leave that up to the staff. Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

That wasn't my intention, please believe me. Its just that the last time that debate happened, there was a warning to keep things civil since the argument was starting to get heated on both sides.

*snore*

In the middle of re-reading StH #57. It's a tedious recap of just about every event in the comic up to that point, only with better artwork for a lot of the earlier stuff. Wow... The only parts of the story that advance the plot are the bookends, which show Sonic and Tails getting ready to go off on their world tour in the Tornado Winged Victory.

It's around about here that I started losing the will to read StH last year. It wasn't until January that I picked it up again and continued. I'm very glad I did, because it does get better after the world tour arc, but getting through this arc was tough for me, and I expect it will be again. But at least this time I do so with the knowledge that it gets better. Way better.

People are free to argue whatever they want in this topic, provided it's respectful discussion and it's Archie Sonic-related. Please don't try and control the flow of discussion; leave that up to the staff. Thank you.

He does have a point though Ogilvie, that conversation was really getting out of hand. do we really need it brought back up in order for conversation to flow normally? I think it would be better if that conversation was barred or at least controlled so we don't end up in an endless cycle with a few pages breaking it each time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Whether or not you can stomach the rest of the World Tour/Naugus Hunt is heavily dependant on one thing in particular: how you feel about Nate Morgan and the plot threads which were unnecessarily given to him.

Whether or not you can stomach the rest of the World Tour/Naugus Hunt is heavily dependant on one thing in particular: how you feel about Nate Morgan and the plot threads which were unnecessarily given to him.

Pretty indifferent, actually. After he was gone, he was pretty much forgotten. I don't get how he didn't walk free from Robotropolis with the rest of the Robians either, but it's as if Bollers wanted him killed off when the city got nuked. Anyways, as I said, I was pretty indifferent to him. 

Yep. For a guy given such monumental importance in the backstory, Nate was treated as an anomaly. I think Karl confirmed he quickly grew to dislike the character, and even broke the rules of roboticization JUST to kill him off.

He planned a bit of a return for the character in his storylines, but him quitting put a kibosh on that. And both Ian and Penders decided he wasn't worth bringing up again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep. For a guy given such monumental importance in the backstory, Nate was treated as an anomaly. I think Karl confirmed he quickly grew to dislike the character, and even broke the rules of roboticization JUST to kill him off.

He planned a bit of a return for the character in his storylines, but him quitting put a kibosh on that. And both Ian and Penders decided he wasn't worth bringing up again.

I don't dislike Nate, I just don't really see the point of him. He's there and we're told that he's important, but he never really does anything that important. I can't even really remember why he ends up being roboticized in... was it #100 or #101...?

Alright this is going to sound weird, but does anyone else's copy of Sonic Archives 12 have like.... really bad paper quality. It feels like it's printed on wet, cheap magazine paper. The pages feel slightly crumpled and are actually hard to flip through. I haven't heard anyone complain about it, but mine is like that.

Yep. The first print editions do at least.

It's like something went wrong in the binding process and edge of the pages embedded in the spine where done unevenly. It's annoying, makes simply flicking through a lot more difficult.

Yep. The first print editions do at least.

It's like something went wrong in the binding process and edge of the pages embedded in the spine where done unevenly. It's annoying, makes simply flicking through a lot more difficult.

Oh well thanks for sharing. Guess I'm pretty unlucky for getting a first printing, odd as it sounds. It's weird because I'm always years late in getting Archives. Except 1 and 2 I guess since they have glossy covers.

AND HOW did I not know my bae Tyson Hesse was penciling an issue? Big fan of his, pretty excited now. Even if he never works on his original work anymore :(

Cool, so wheres this preview coming from? I find it funny that Archie never sticks to one site for previews, its always been some sort of weird site rotation.

Jesus...

I've always liked Chip in Unleashed, but he's doing more in the first five pages of this comic adaptation than he's ever done in the games. Or at the very least there's more energy in his writing than the games.

Take your pick, but this is something that should've been done in the games.

• Thumbs Up 5

SU_65-3.jpg

kRWozKP.jpg

Okay, all jokes aside, this looks like an interesting issue! But...haven't we seen that preview before?

• Thumbs Up 6