Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Luke's landspeeder made another appearance in KtE #10. It even has R2-D2 sat in it! So, I looked back at its previous appearance (KtE #4) and it looks as if R2 was present there as well.

tumblr_n821o9kxTs1teg32yo1_r1_1280.png

Also, Manny Galen appears to have re-used the same panels (1 and 4) several times on the same page. I guess if a pro can do it, I don't need to feel bad about when I do it... wink.png

tumblr_n821o9kxTs1teg32yo2_r1_500.png

I'm going to say, however, that I did rather enjoy the Lost Tribe arc.

Meanwhile, the backup story in StH is building up to Elias and Alicia being brought in. I really can't get along with all the mystic crap surrounding the Source of All, honestly. King Acorn asked Sally if she understands why Mobotropolis was ruled by a monarchy. Do we really need to know? If it's like any other country in reality, it'll be because the current king's ancestors were brutal warlords who took over the territory by military conquest and passed it on to their successors, through inheritance and marriage alliances, etc. But, no, Penders just had to come up with some unnecessary mystical justification for it. The King is more of a guardian for the people, who rules them justly and allows them to live lives of freedom and happiness... Of course, they don't have the freedom to govern themselves or choose their leaders, but who needs democracy when you've got magic?! Yeah, because I guess Penders was busy setting up the whole "humans are bad, Mobians are good" theme, and that doesn't really work if you have a Mobian society governed by an inherently unjust system of government that could only have come about by force and conquest, unless you can say "because magic". 

Can you see why I really appreciated the political reforms that were made later on when Elias was King...?

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_n821o9kxTs1teg32yo2_r1_500.png

Okay I'd hate to point this out here by BY GOD this lazy art using the same two poses several times? That's three times with whats-her-face and twice with whats-his-face. Horribly padded out lazy pages.

Even the papers which he lifted up and flung in his stupid gloves are sitting in the same place again.

Christ, was Knuckles Archive #5 slated for November 27th release before?

Edit: Checked. It was delayed to November 25th in June, which we saw. So it's been delayed by another two days?

Just read the latest Sonic Universe (on my shiny new tablet). I enjoyed it! Chip was adorable and this was by far my favourite moment:

tumblr_n83j2quXT01teg32yo1_1280.png

In terms of my re-reading, I read StH #60 this morning. It's interesting, because the first time I read #60, I completely forgot about almost everything in it, so by the time the Iron Dominion showed up in #200, I had completely forgotten about the Iron Queen and actually thought they were new characters! On second reading, yeah, there isn't much to recommend #60. I'm really glad these characters returned, however, got to be fleshed out, and presented a genuine threat when they did return. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Did I talk about how cute Chip is? Because he is absolutely adorable.

I love his friendship with the Chaotix and Knuckles, and I just know he'll get along fine with everyone else! Well, most people...

That variant cover though, looks like there's going to be quite a cast for the next issue...Eclipse, Sonic, Knuckles...chaos :^)

• Thumbs Up 7

What's been your favourite scene so far In the two story arcs that are going on right now: Waves of Change and The Great Chaos Caper?

What's been your favourite scene so far In the two story arcs that are going on right now: Waves of Change and The Great Chaos Caper?

In the Great Chaos Caper it was Vector using Knuckles as a metal detector, though the "Unlike Sonic he don't chuckle" line gets a close second. Meanwhile in Waves of Change I liked the background scenes between Sonic and that shark chao, whose name I am not remembering now [emoji5].
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, in my re-reading, I've got up to StH #63, which is the second part of Sonic and Tails's adventure in Sandblast City. It's an okay arc, I guess, but I wish Sonic and Tails would just catch up with Naugus already. Still, I note that in #62, we had the first hint at Robotnik's return, with his satellite coming online and one shot of his left hand on a console. Of course, it won't be until, like #74 and #75 that we see him for real (and learn that he's actually RoboRobotnik). That's one hell of a build-up, ne? And I do find it a bit tedious, but I enjoyed the book a lot more once it was done with.

Meanwhile, in KtE, I've just finished #15, which is the third part of the arc involving Renfield Rodent drugging customers at Happyland... I thought this book was called Knuckles the Echidna...? Funny thing, considering he's barely in this arc (issues #13 to #15). What scenes he has basically involve Saber and Locke watching him with their super-villain style omni-vision cameras and expositioning about his Chaos Emerald powers, while the Chaotix and Julie-Su get to do the interesting stuff. Oh yes, and Harry the cabbie. I actually quite like him. Next issue, the rest of the Brotherhood show up! For even more expositioning about Knuckles! Hey, Ken, old boy? Did no one ever tell you, "show, don't tell"? All this teasing exposition is tedious enough when I can read all 32 issues of KtE at my leisure. I can't imagine how frustrating actually having to wait a month for the next issue must have been!

Anyways, some items of note from both books:

tumblr_n851oyW4fc1teg32yo2_r1_250.png

It's not the first example of characters having eye colour in the book, but it is notable for being accurate to the games, as we would see a few months later when Sonic Adventure was released. Prior to this point, Sonic had been depicted with brown eyes if he'd been given eye colour. 

tumblr_n851oyW4fc1teg32yo3_r1_500.png

Hey, EST? Starfleet called. They want their shuttlecraft back.

tumblr_n851oyW4fc1teg32yo1_r1_1280.png

Axis Chemicals? Really? Really...? 

Don't be too impressed by Tails getting the accurate blue eyes. That was a pure coincidence probably since pretty much everyone significant who wasn't in the games at the time got given blue eyes from about Adventure onwards. You can already see it on some of the bees, but the entire Chaotix had them too for a good while. 

Don't be too impressed by Tails getting the accurate blue eyes. That was a pure coincidence probably since pretty much everyone significant who wasn't in the games at the time got given blue eyes from about Adventure onwards. You can already see it on some of the bees, but the entire Chaotix had them too for a good while. 

Oh, I'm not too impressed. After all, they got Sonic's eye colour wrong. So it's not like they predicted anything here. I just find it interesting that they did get one right. But, hey, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. 

You reminded me, Bethany, on just how blatantly racist Downtown Ebony Hare was. He dresses like a wannabe pimp, is never far from at least one nonspeaking lady ho, is involved with the manufacturing and distribution of a drug (LSD? Really Ken?), has that blatant of a name and is even colored to have black fur.

Does he speak in the jive, or the urban "street" lingo? Its been a while since I've read this arc.

You reminded me, Bethany, on just how blatantly racist Downtown Ebony Hare was. He dresses like a wannabe pimp, is never far from at least one nonspeaking lady ho, is involved with the manufacturing and distribution of a drug (LSD? Really Ken?), has that blatant of a name and is even colored to have black fur.

Does he speak in the jive, or the urban "street" lingo? Its been a while since I've read this arc.

Not as badly as Vector. He just sounded like a generic gangster to me. His "girl", however, was written with what I'm guessing was a New Jersey accent...? I can never tell completely when people try to write accents phonetically what they're shooting for. I just wish they wouldn't. It's annoying.

But, yeah. The name. The zoot suit. The chain. Everything else about him was pretty awful. 

In the Great Chaos Caper it was Vector using Knuckles as a metal detector, though the "Unlike Sonic he don't chuckle" line gets a close second. Meanwhile in Waves of Change I liked the background scenes between Sonic and that shark chao, whose name I am not remembering now [emoji5].

The shark chao's name was Chomp.

The shark chao's name was Chomp.

...Chomps was the dinosaur from Underground. The chao is Crusher.

...Chomps was the dinosaur from Underground. The chao is Crusher.

Huh. I could have sworn it was Chomp. My mistake.

Did I talk about how cute Chip is? Because he is absolutely adorable.

I love his friendship with the Chaotix and Knuckles, and I just know he'll get along fine with everyone else! Well, most people...

That variant cover though, looks like there's going to be quite a cast for the next issue...Eclipse, Sonic, Knuckles...chaos :^)

I love Chip so much! I was so eager to see just how he'd look in the comics, and I was not disappointed! Yes, it's true. Chip is adorable. I hope most of us will agree on this and won't consider it an issue. happy.png  

I'm glad he was afforded all the time he was given. I really liked seeing him interact with Knuckles and the Chaotix. He's just so cute! I want to give him a big hug whenever he's featured in a panel! I loved him Sonic Unleashed and I love him here. Easily the best thing about SU #65. I'm sorry, but I'm that biased. biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 2

After getting SU #65 yesterday, I'm calling it now.

Knuckles and the Chaotix will get the Emerald back, but not Chip because Bark lets him go since he showed signs in the last issue that he isn't completely down with what Team Hooligan's doing so far. This will lead to Chip being lost and alone in a world he has no clue of because he's been underneath it for so long. He'll eventually bump into Sonic (possibly in his Werehog form) in the main comic and due to his unknowing 'Light Gaia' powers to counteract Dark Gaia's, he could restore Sonic to his senses and they'll form a relationship from there.

Plus, from the looks of the next SU arc, it doesn't seem Knuckles will or would be able to make time to look for Chip.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello Sonic Stadium. Long time Archie Sonic Fan, first time poster!

Anywho happy 4th! Just wanted to say really enjoying this arc so far, but Admitingly I'm bias as it had so many of my fav chars, Knuckles, Chaotix Crew, Nack, etc. I've just found it a really fun read all around!

Also dunno if I'm in th minority or not. But I actually like Relic & Fix-It. Look forward to seeing more of them in Total Eclipse!

Thank you, that is all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think liking Relic and Fix-It on here is actually a majority opinion. The reboot got a lot of members to check out the comics for the first time (either period or in a long time), unlike BK where most were already avid followers. Helps that they've got an interesting sub-plot going.

Hello Sonic Stadium. Long time Archie Sonic Fan, first time poster!

Anywho happy 4th! Just wanted to say really enjoying this arc so far, but Admitingly I'm bias as it had so many of my fav chars, Knuckles, Chaotix Crew, Nack, etc. I've just found it a really fun read all around!

Also dunno if I'm in th minority or not. But I actually like Relic & Fix-It. Look forward to seeing more of them in Total Eclipse!

Thank you, that is all.

Welcome! So far, I like Relic and Fix-It too, so minority or not, you are not alone.

Anyways, how long have you been reading the comic? =3

The first issue I read was 67 the Indiana Jones parody issue. But I didn't start buying the comic monthly till issue 76. Since then I've had a growing addiction to comics.

As for the new cannon as a whole. There will be aspects of the old continuity I'll always miss, specially Hope Kintobor & Lien-Da. But I've actually enjoyed the new cannon so far, we still have the SATAM & SEGA cast, so the ones that matter the most to the American sonic cannon are still there!

• Thumbs Up 1