Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Simple. Make the memories actually matter! Have Sonic and the gang forget details or be fuzzy on missing friends and characters, and stories. But things like Mecha Sally?, that is absolute bullshit. Even the odd mention would at least tell fans ''Oh hey, this did matter, it still has an effect on the characters''

Oh hey, Pendering is the official nickname now. Good to see.

Although that annoys me. It proves that Countdown to Chaos was nothing and I do mean NOTHING more than ''OH GUYS DON'T WORRY, THOSE 20 YEARS OF COMICS DO MATTER! HONEST! (But it really doesn't)'' I bet we won't have anymore mentions to the fact Sally was a robot. I'm sure pretty soon Naugus will come back and be like ''I don't know why I left the castle, guess I'll retake it.'' That actually fucking pisses me off, because it's basically saying those 20 years are now nothing more but a faint memory. Nothing more than a quick attempt to keep old readers from leaving the comic altogether.

well... maybe but not at all...

Ian has a little project.. he plans to finish what he had planned for the comics with the old continuity until a certain number of issues (wich i can't remember right now)

EDIT: umm.. here is a Topic at Bumbleking forums

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=418411#p418411

there is people who wants to make those a comic..

dunno if that helps..

Edited by Drawloverlala
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh, they know about Lost Hedgehog Tales. They're actually pretty anxious, especially as there's no guarantee it'll be out in 2015 either.

But I have to say that the old continuity only being like a dream to them was stated months before now.

Oh, they know about Lost Hedgehog Tales. They're actually pretty anxious, especially as there's no guarantee it'll be out in 2015 either.

But I have to say that the old continuity only being like a dream to them was stated months before now.

ohh ok.. ^_^

Dont take it personally. People are starting to cope with the new continuity, but the scars are still fresh.

I'm glad you weren't here when the reboot was still fresh; a lot of heated comments and raging were exchanged.

• Thumbs Up 4

Look. I have no problem with the reboot. I've been enjoying it since it started but I disagree with the fact that they disguised Countdown to Chaos as a big arc. That they actually said to our faces that those memories and 20 years of history still mattered in some way. After Mecha Sally, the least we could have gotten was a good conclusion to something so scarring to Sally and even that was denied. Ultimately while Archie is still to blame for forcing Ian to fuse the reboot to the old world, I still feel the blame is on Ian.

When he learned he had to merge the reboot with the old world, Ian should have wrote stories that showed that connection was still there and worth while. He may have wanted a full on reboot but when he was told that they needed him to keep the old world in tact, Ian should have done a better job to show this and to give us stories and conclusions based on this. Not just a total waste of a four issue arc and then a extremely brief guilt trip in the following issue.

Dont take it personally. People are starting to cope with the new continuity, but the scars are still fresh.

I'm glad you weren't here when the reboot was still fresh; a lot of heated comments and raging were exchanged.

its ok. don't worry...

at least for me when all that happened i didn't understand at first.. and it toke me long time to completely understand what really happend..

and to completely understand these character will never comeback.. T-T maan.. Elias! he was my favourite and his story was getting so interesting...i was so angry when i finally understood they won't comeback... :(

and even if i'm a Sonamy fan.. i will miss the Sonally as well.. even when Sonic and Sally last kiss was before she got robotized...just when at last! they got to be together again... ;v;

Look. I have no problem with the reboot. I've been enjoying it since it started but I disagree with the fact that they disguised Countdown to Chaos as a big arc. That they actually said to our faces that those memories and 20 years of history still mattered in some way. After Mecha Sally, the least we could have gotten was a good conclusion to something so scarring to Sally and even that was denied. Ultimately while Archie is still to blame for forcing Ian to fuse the reboot to the old world, I still feel the blame is on Ian.

When he learned he had to merge the reboot with the old world, Ian should have wrote stories that showed that connection was still there and worth while. He may have wanted a full on reboot but when he was told that they needed him to keep the old world in tact, Ian should have done a better job to show this and to give us stories and conclusions based on this. Not just a total waste of a four issue arc and then a extremely brief guilt trip in the following issue.

well.. i agree that it could not have been so difficult to write at least a nice goodbye to those memories from the old continuity.. those that Sonic and the freedom fighters seem to have forgotten with the time..; just as Panda said some pages ago...

Sonic should at least remember that it happened, just without all the details.

I imagine that both sides will slowly have the memories of the first crossover flooding back in during the story.

i think that could be some nice drama material for the comic...

but well.. i don't know what else to say about it... i'm in blank right now   :)

Since I posted it in my Off Panel thread, I'll post it here as well. A tribute of sorts to the original Archie Sonic.

Multiverse Mayhem Part 4:

A Tribute to Original Archie Sonic:

-Sonic & Tails teleport into a weird blank white universe-
Sonic-Hey Tails, where are we? I don't see anything.
Tails-This is weird, the device doesn't give me any information or anything. Just a name.
Sonic-A name?
Tails-Yeah...Mobius Prime!
Sonic-That name! It sounds familar.
Tails-Yeah but I don't understand, what happened here? Where's the universe?
-Sonic gets a suddenly flash of memories-
Sonic-Ah!
Tails-Sonic! What happened?!
Sonic-Nothing....I just had a weird flash of memories...Like back at the beginning of this whole mess. Some jerky skunk, a bunch of Echidnas that looked like Knuckles, and a bunch of other universes. 
Tails-I...I think I got it too...
Sonic-The only question now is where are they. What happened to them...
Tails-I think I remember...Knuckles' kind was banished by a selfish person. for selfish needs.
Sonic-Nicole was exiled...and the former king...Elias.
Tails-And now...nothing...
Sonic-You mean...They're gone.
Tails-Given the state of things. Yes. 
Sonic-So much destruction, all because of Eggman and his stupid temper tantrum
Tails-...And now, we've lost so many friends. So many memories.
-Both Sonic and Tails take a minute to reflect-
Sonic-Let's go Tails. I'm sure our friends still exist somewhere, out there. All we have to do is find them! Then we'll create brand new memories with them!
-Tails smiles and nods in response and teleports them to another universe-
  • Thumbs Up 4

"Countdown to Chaos" was merely a bridge. I don't think it's accurate to refer to this world as a fusion between the two realities; all that was left were some stray memories that would fade and give way to the new one, which is outright stated in the book itself (both by Eggman and Sonic). I would have loved if a stronger connection existed, or for there to be a recurring element regarding at least some of the memories, but the legal mess pretty much prevented that. This one's on both Flynn and Kaminski though; evidently Flynn didn't want memories at all, Kaminiski wanted them more permanently, so there was a compromise that led to what we ended up with.

Admittedly, it was unfair since it initially dangled some false hope in front of us, and they were pretty quick to write it off as nothing, but I guess that's the best they could do. Should they have done better? Sure, I'm sure if there was enough time (I'm not convinced they had the turnaround to make it happen in a neater way) they could have eased us in and bridged things a little better, and it's definitely a weakness of that opening arc, but they gotta work with what they've got.

I wouldn't mind it as much if Ian at least gave us a moment here or there that states ''Yes, these characters still have the memories, they're vague, but they still remember it'', rather than just saying that they are 100%  gone, you'll never have a chance to see a proper conclusion to Mecha Sally, KTHXBYE.

I wouldn't mind it as much if Ian at least gave us a moment here or there that states ''Yes, these characters still have the memories, they're vague, but they still remember it'', rather than just saying that they are 100%  gone, you'll never have a chance to see a proper conclusion to Mecha Sally, KTHXBYE.

Oh yeah, if anyone's story should've gotten a better conclusion, it's Sally. I edited this in after you replied, but I would have liked to have seen the memories, at least in part, be something of a recurring element just so Sally could come to terms with what was lost, but I I guess they didn't want to keep dwelling on the comic's past and so focused on developing her in a new direction along with the others.

Both Sally and Bunnie deserved one. But Sally deserved one ever more. All she gets is a 30 second guilt trip and then it's all peachy again. That is not a proper conclusion to at least 25 issues worth of build up.

How the fuck did the Shattered World Crisis happen then if CtC isn't considered canon anymore?! Did the PPP arc even happen as well?

Fuck this reboot for being handled poorly from the start.

How the fuck did the Shattered World Crisis happen then if CtC isn't considered canon anymore?! Did the PPP arc even happen as well?

Fuck this reboot for being handled poorly from the start.

What in the world are you talking about?

Countdown to Chaos is what kicks off the Shattered World Crisis, so it's just being considered part of it, along with all the arcs that followed the crossover/reboot.

Yeah, I haven't seen a mention to CtC be considered Non-Canon?

Both Sally and Bunnie deserved one. But Sally deserved one ever more. All she gets is a 30 second guilt trip and then it's all peachy again. That is not a proper conclusion to at least 25 issues worth of build up.

This is why I didn't like the whole reboot. 

I was really enjoying the stories and was looking forward to everything being resolved.  Now I'm irritated because I don't have a feeling of closure.  What's the point of starting a new world just to have everyone remember the old one?  Why couldn't it wait until they concluded this arc first?  The whole thing is silly to me.

Personally, since they were going for a reboot, I would have much preferred if they just started everything from scratch.

Ian wanted to start everything from the start but the editor and Archie felt it was important to have a bridge to the post reboot world for old fans so Ian had to write that in with the whole memories thing. 

But while that was Archie's fault, with Ian as head writer, it is his job to ensure good stories are told with these in effect. While he may not have wanted a bridged semi-reboot, when he learned he had to do one, he should have made a effort to show us that these memories mattered. That those 20 years of comics mattered, and that due to these memories being there, we would get a resolution to the pre-reboot events when things settled down. Instead, he decided to shove that out the door, make the first arc a total waste of time, and basically say that those 20 years are nothing but a memory, more or less dashing the hopes of a resolution to Metal Sally and other arcs after the events of The Shattered World Crisis settles down.

What in the world are you talking about?

Countdown to Chaos is what kicks off the Shattered World Crisis, so it's just being considered part of it, along with all the arcs that followed the crossover/reboot.

Yeah, I haven't seen a mention to CtC be considered Non-Canon?

Okay maybe I should've worded it differently, Did CtC even happen the same way we read it? Yes the actual event it did happen thanks to the super genesis wave but it seems that whole arc contradicts itself now seeing as the memories they worked on restoring throughout the whole arc don't exist anymore, so does the team now remember CtC happening differently thanks to that?

Maybe not PPP soo much but Ian would have to explain Blaze and why she remembers the old universe like Sonic did during the beginning of CtC.

Okay maybe I should've worded it differently, Did CtC even happen the same way we read it? Yes the actual event it did happen thanks to the super genesis wave but it seems that whole arc contradicts itself now seeing as the memories they worked on restoring throughout the whole arc don't exist anymore, so does the team now remember CtC happening differently thanks to that?

Maybe not PPP soo much but Ian would have to explain Blaze and why she remembers the old universe like Sonic did during the beginning of CtC.

To answer the bit about Blaze, 

Ian Flynn: "Blaze’s World was in the process of being chewed on by the Super Genesis Wave – about the only interdimensional thing not utterly wiped out. Time and space got fuzzy, resulting in things like the Egg-of-War."

And it was the only universe not completely reset by the SGW because the Jeweled Scepter protected it.

Source: http://bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7879&p=423239#p423239

• Thumbs Up 4

I actually would've preferred if it was just Sonic that remembered the old world: leaving a bridge without opening up a whole can of worms in the process.

• Thumbs Up 2

It seems Sonic still remembers, he keeps referring back to what Eggman did in setting off the SGW, so I think it's fair to say it still happens as is, it's just that the characters' memories of the old world are either gone or are just completely downplayed as being dreamlike.

I don't see how "Pirate Plunder Panic" didn't happen. I don't think Blaze's memories are any clearer. The SGW had massive effects throughout the multiverse, so I would think that would mean her world, or at least Blaze herself since she was present in the final battle, might have been affected somewhat to coincide with the new history (such as the events of Sonic Rush).

EDIT: ninja'd

I actually would've preferred if it was just Sonic that remembered the old world: leaving a bridge without opening up a whole can of worms in the process.

True, I think it would've been better without dangling any false hopes in front of people in the beginning. At this point, it's just water under the bridge, now.

Getting off that subject.

I'm sort of hoping with Archie allowing the comics to be translated in German and French that we might eventually see Archie Sonic getting a UK release. Maybe with TitanComics releasing them as 100 page monthly books like they do with Batman? 

Problem is that at least one of those has been cancelled by this point, so it doesn't sound like it was such a successful endeavour.

Well that is true but I doubt it would take much effort, considering no translation would be needed to move the normal versions of the comics to the UK. Plus, if Boom proves successful enough, I could see that be coming a magazine the same way we have TMNT and other things over here.